Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

sorry but i just cant believe they are so many 50m classes inside the wall
    we dont even probably know everything the human-titans/titans can do
    but just think about it how it would look i also dont think so many are ready to sacrifice themselfs for a wall
    maybe many but not that many..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huesoman View Post
    Do you wrote it on purpose or did you want to mean "bye bye"? I ask you because it happens a lot of times with me, almost everytime I want to say "unless" I write "at least", ; same with "realize", I change it to "release", I usually edit my post a lot because of fail grammar . My point is I guess english is not your main language (me too btw) ... .
    I know, I kind of wrote that on impulse.
    I meant 'byu byu' as goodbye.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

About the Wall and Titans (spoilers)

so first of all sry when my eng is bad its not my first language

now I beginn to explain

first of all

The Walls
    Spoiler show

it was told the walls were made for the "safety" of mankind
    Isn't it weird that nobody knows when the walls and how the walls have been created
    (no one of the normal people living inside the walls)

Well I dont know, how it was created exactly but i know its purpose i guess
    it is to keep mankind under controll (someone who wants controll mankind)
    maybe they names are Sina,Rose and Maria
    (but thats not so important if its them or not somebody wants to do it
    somebody we haven't saw till now)

back to the Walls why nobody saw how it was build and when:
    The Church people know it for sure that we know but they keep it secret and would rather to tell something

-other people who saw it probably got killed or something

this person or people who let the wall made
    created aswell the titans to force mankind to live behind the walls

But that means Reiner and the others are actually good and they want to save mankind
    and isnt it weird they never killed people on purpose they just break through the wall
    even they knew the titans would enter and people die they did it to free the mankind
    Think about it Reiner said
    http://img.mangastream.com/cdn/manga/76/1938/40.png
    and Berthold said
    http://img.mangastream.com/cdn/manga/76/2012/39.png

i know its not a solid theory
    but i cant explain it in a other way till now
    Last edited by Kiba; August 20, 2013 at 02:40 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: About the Wall and Titans (spoilers)

Merged your thread with this.
    Last edited by Beatrice; August 20, 2013 at 03:14 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Reiner and Bert are very open (once the secret is already out I mean) about being mass murderers, and initially planning to destroy all humankind (within the walls at least). It sounds more like they thought regular humans were "the enemy," but since they found out about Eren, that changed everything for them for some reason. Now there is a mysterious "real enemy" they have to fight. Maybe the beast titan, or maybe somebody/something else entirely...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

At this stage, it is quite reasonable to assume that ;

1. All the walls made of Colossal Titan including protruding portion.
    2. Such Colossal Titans are all shifter made from human.

In the story, it has been told that the purpose of protruding portion of the walls is for minimize the soldier maintenance cost. Implying that whoever built the wall has also considered management of the living within the walls for at least several hundred years.

Then the walls builder not only able to create Colossal Titan but also has management plan for living within the walls. Who else supposed to care about such management besides the kingdom ruler?

Building such long walls would cause at least 50,000 shifters or more just for the wall Maria alone. It is reasonable to imply once they are all awakened and gain humanity form, the regular Titans outside become no longer a threat as the Colossal are smarter and much stronger. With good strategy, the Colossal Titan could march into Titan field and wipe those regular Titans out with minimized loss. (Recall that 1 crazy Eren could take out about 20 regular Titans. Safely assume 1 smart Colossal could take 50 regular. Then 50,000 smart Colossal could take about 2.5 Millions of regular excluding of team strategy. The 2.5 Millions is reasonable to be assumed as the titan turned from people of one big kingdom)

Why the wall builders choose to put all Colossal Titans into sleep rather than using them as army?
    The answer is they can’t yet. And it looks like somebody is trying to prevent them from doing so.

Am I too negative to the wall builders that they might actually made the walls to protect human for real?
    No. If at least 50,000 men really sacrificed themselves to become the walls for protection purpose. Why keep it so secret so that there is no some more men willing to sacrifice themselves as Colossal Titan expedition purpose for mankind future.

The Colossal Titan in the wall is rather a threat to mankind than protection.
    Last edited by thanapon; August 21, 2013 at 03:03 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It may be reasonable to *provisionally* assume based on Armin's speculation that there *may* be titans lining all the walls. But who "the wall builder(s)" are is a total mystery. It's not even clear the people running things inside Wall Shina know that, though they and the Wall Cult very well may. For now, I choose to believe what is written in the upside-down writing in the book's title pages, which states that *the walls were already there* before humans from the old continent escaped to this new continent. As far as was written and what we've seen people saying so far, nobody knows who built the walls. The wall cult thinks *god* put walls there for them. We can't really speculate on why the wall was built the way it is. I mean they chose to put settlements in the outcropping sections, but what if those were "meant" by the wall creators to be military outposts only and not whole towns? Putting towns there instead of military bases was the human leadership's idea, yes. But that was probably only because there seemed to be so little risk of titans entering the walls that they got complacent over those 100 years until Wall Maria fell. Anyway my point is that right now, we have no clue what the purpose of the walls was originally supposed to be.

another topic: I don't know if it'll mean anything but I realized just now that at every major story progression point (ends and beginnings), we find ourselves at one of the walls. Fall of Shinganshina is right at Wall Maria. Trost arc begins and ends at the outcropping at Wall Rose. Female titan arc ends with a shocker at Wall Shina. Phantom Wall Breach arc ends (shifters escaping is beginning of a new arc) at Wall Rose again. Could the "chase" arc we're in the middle of right now possibly end at Wall Maria? If so that would be really exciting since that means they could finally be getting close to the basement in Shinganshina right now!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    another topic: I don't know if it'll mean anything but I realized just now that at every major story progression point (ends and beginnings), we find ourselves at one of the walls. Fall of Shinganshina is right at Wall Maria. Trost arc begins and ends at the outcropping at Wall Rose. Female titan arc ends with a shocker at Wall Shina. Phantom Wall Breach arc ends (shifters escaping is beginning of a new arc) at Wall Rose again. Could the "chase" arc we're in the middle of right now possibly end at Wall Maria? If so that would be really exciting since that means they could finally be getting close to the basement in Shinganshina right now!!!
    I was hoping for that as well. But after looking at the map and the direction that everyone is going right now, they are running away from Shinganshina..
    http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/45/41
    After the forest they keep running in the direction of the setting sun, meaning west, while Shinganshina is south-east from the forest of giant trees.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

True. I think, however, that they're just going to end up going back into the forest again aren't they? To get away from the titans? Like if it was just a couple of titans or they were coming only in twos and threes it might not matter, but I don't think they should take on a big crowd all at once when they're all exhausted. Since nightfall hasn't arrived yet, they can count on hopefully *most* titans going to sleep or going dormant or whatever they do at night, eventually. Hopefully that would be the point when Bert and Reiner will tell their story to everyone there. Then hopefully they can still go for Shinganshina at that point.

*edit*
    note that technically they were planning to make a run right to Wall Maria and escape to their "hometown" but I suspect they would have made a pit stop at Shinganshina first...
    Last edited by kannazuki; August 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Question, how exactly did you figure out the size of the country? The space inside the walls must be quite huge but if they were as large as you suggest the space inside should be large enough to sustain well over the 1000000 people that were originally inside. We are talking about the place being larger than real world today's nations.... And yet losing the outer wall meant they had to forfeit a quarter of the world's population. I can't believe the space inside the walls is that large to be honest.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

He used publicly available data to determine the circumference of the walls, I believe:
    This image states:
    Distance from Maria to Rose: 100 km
    Distance from Rose to Shina: 130 km
    Distance from Shina to Centre: 250 km
    So the radius of Maria is ~480 km. Multiply that X2 for diameter: 960 km. Multiply that by pi for circumference of Maria:
    Maria's circumference is actually ~3015.9 km.
    radius squared (230,400) X pi = 723,823 km2 for everything (including inside the other walls) within Maria. Yeah that's a large area, and they were *supposed* to have a land rich in resources...? Perhaps resource distribution is especially uneven...

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

radius squared (230,400) X pi = 723,823 km2 for everything (including inside the other walls) within Maria. Yeah that's a large area, and they were *supposed* to have a land rich in resources...? Perhaps resource distribution is especially uneven...
    For example, the entire territory of Zambia is 752,612km2 total. ( wikipedia )

I mean, the Mankind Territory is MASSIVE.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

True, the radius in kilometers was only introduced in anime IIRC?
    Cause seeing that picture from manga
    Spoiler show

it looked way way smaller.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

He used publicly available data to determine the circumference of the walls, I believe:
    This image states:
    Distance from Maria to Rose: 100 km
    Distance from Rose to Shina: 130 km
    Distance from Shina to Centre: 250 km
    So the radius of Maria is ~480 km. Multiply that X2 for diameter: 960 km. Multiply that by pi for circumference of Maria:
    Maria's circumference is actually ~3015.9 km.
    Ahh, I see. I didn't notice the numbers were actually kilometers. However if those numbers are accurate it does not really explain why humanity had to forfeit on 200000 people when they lost the war. There should be enough territory there for them to actually be able to feed everyone. I guess starting from scratch to produce food for 20000 people is not easy and actually quite time consuming though.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I guess starting from scratch to produce food for 20000 people is not easy and actually quite time consuming though.
    From what we have seen they have primitive trade society which means that they have no industrial might. That means that hey cannot produce food for 200.000 people overnight, and as such they needed to sacrifice some so that the others may live.
    That or the ruling minority didn;t want to share their own food stores so they let them die anyway...
    All in all - Grimdark....

-Emperor of Mankind.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast