Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Solace Kane's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    The only thing about these theories is that I don't understand how the shifters would be beaten by regular humans if the best thing they had in the past were good cannons. The only way I can see this working is if the mindless titans were originally created by regular humans in order to attack Warriors/shifters (which would be awful because they'd essentially be sacrificing people to "die" ...until they could eat a shifter I guess, if it does in fact turn out that eating shifters will bring them back to consciousness). But in that case, the power would have been stolen by the Warriors from the humans at some point (or perhaps duplicated, while destroying the humans' version), and not be originally theirs.
    like i said, sheer mass of numbers. Just like in the game starcraft, sure the protoss and humans have better technology but the zerg made up most of thier might through numbers. Also, I have seen in many other stories where humanity was at one point advanced and becuase of some cataclysmic event or war technology regressed back to a certain point and the past basically became folklore.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Solace Kane View Post
    like i said, sheer mass of numbers. Just like in the game starcraft, sure the protoss and humans have better technology but the zerg made up most of thier might through numbers. Also, I have seen in many other stories where humanity was at one point advanced and becuase of some cataclysmic event or war technology regressed back to a certain point and the past basically became folklore.
    Its funny you mention starcraft and the zerg. Its possible that the titans functioned like the zerg with "Coordinates" functioning as a hive mind and the mindless titans functioning like zerglings and drones.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member quoux's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What if they were turned into titans against their will and then made to stand in a circle? Would be kinda cool.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Paster Nick was really stern to Hanji about covering up the Titan. Not just to prevent people seeing it, he wanted to stop it waking up. Of course if it was in there at it's own will I doubt it would break out or anything. This would suggest they were forced in there. But there's no feasible way to force an army of 50m Titans into making a wall. A coordinate would be the obvious answer but then that means the coordinate can also control shifters? Unless they were mindless Colossal Titans (but then that would also suggest Bert's form isn't anything special when Reiner and Annie's clearly are). Also that "mindless Titans" can be made to be Colossal.

So from what we have so far it means either that there can be "Mindless Colossal Titans", or Coordinates can control shifters (and maybe even turn humans into Titans?).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner exotica's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epictoads View Post
    Paster Nick was really stern to Hanji about covering up the Titan. Not just to prevent people seeing it, he wanted to stop it waking up. Of course if it was in there at it's own will I doubt it would break out or anything. This would suggest they were forced in there. But there's no feasible way to force an army of 50m Titans into making a wall. A coordinate would be the obvious answer but then that means the coordinate can also control shifters? Unless they were mindless Colossal Titans (but then that would also suggest Bert's form isn't anything special when Reiner and Annie's clearly are). Also that "mindless Titans" can be made to be Colossal.

So from what we have so far it means either that there can be "Mindless Colossal Titans", or Coordinates can control shifters (and maybe even turn humans into Titans?).
    I think Pastor Nick didn't want any of them to see it because people would freak out. And since humanity hates them, it will make more sense since the extreme haters will want to take them out, killing them, as they wouldn't want to be protected by army of Colossal titans. I think the titans are inside the walls on their own decision, and since most of the humans don't know what actually is the past behind the army of giants, except for wallists, they were told not to leak out the information. Perhaps the king knows what actually is the past. But Historia would do, for now.

Since we have seen shifters in a rather rare form than the original titans, I think that mindless colossal titans would be destructive. Except for Eren, whose form is rather similar to the original ones and ymir's (but she regained consciousness by eating a shifter) the rest (RAB) have rather flesh outside the skin. This is such a crappy theory of mine, but I think that the outside appearance does matter in telling whose a shifter and whose the original. But, it did scare them out of wits when eren used his coordinate powers at every titan, but still they didn't get influence..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exotica View Post
    I think Pastor Nick didn't want any of them to see it because people would freak out. And since humanity hates them, it will make more sense since the extreme haters will want to take them out, killing them, as they wouldn't want to be protected by army of Colossal titans. I think the titans are inside the walls on their own decision, and since most of the humans don't know what actually is the past behind the army of giants, except for wallists, they were told not to leak out the information. Perhaps the king knows what actually is the past. But Historia would do
    Obviously he and Hange don't want anyone to see the Titan. But his words were to not let daylight shine on it (stopping it waking it up was the prioity). He didn't even ask about citizens seeing it until after they had covered with it up. It would make sense if it chose to be in there but then why the fuss over it waking up?

He was very specific about preventing 'light' getting on it, not exposing it to the public.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it defiantly makes sense that the Titans in the wall are non sentient and were most likely forced their by a "coordinate" and without a coordinate to keep it in check it may start rampaging if it were to reactive from receiving light. Of course its also not likely that they want people to see it as it could potentially cause mass hysteria in the city.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot find it now, but in the anime there is a short written story about a minner who tried digging a whole under the wall. He dug day and months many times his height, but the wall just kept going further down. One day he broke his shovel,he thought he had hit bedrock, but the floor was also part of the wall. Which means even more titans used as bases ?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SPie View Post
    I cannot find it now, but in the anime there is a short written story about a minner who tried digging a whole under the wall. He dug day and months many times his height, but the wall just kept going further down. One day he broke his shovel,he thought he had hit bedrock, but the floor was also part of the wall. Which means even more titans used as bases ?
    I believe Beatrice posted screenshots of this story in the anime thread. It's pretty much as you described it, iirc. Then there's also the bit about how he and his friend disappeared after speaking about it to others in public. It's heavily implied the MP disposed of them, of course.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

enjoyed reading ur theories!
    whatever "they" are and what their reason is/was, i bet on everything, that they are standing inside the wall exactly like the cult here! im 100% sure about it!
    look at the tossed arms!

somehow not working :S heres what i mean..http://imgur.com/xQKvdrg
    3 walls formed..
    Last edited by ErenYaeger; December 23, 2013 at 03:43 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Themistocles View Post
    So, I began to wonder: what purpose do the Titans within the walls have?

Immediately I thought of this: Well, to protect of course. But protect who from whom?

So now I think: the creators of the wall purposed the wall to be created to protect "the Ideal Humanity" from the Titans which are purposed to "eat" humans, the "unneeded" ones in this Ideal Humanity.

One thing, to end off with, Isayama uses contradictions or seeming contradictions within his story in an interesting way, not as mistakes, but as a literary device. Which is why I think it isn't too far-fetched to believe that the walls (which should exist to protect humanity) in fact are not meant to protect humanity.
    I really like the thinking in this theory. Especially the comment about the titans facing the center. This combined with the fact that Isayama himself mentioned that the walls are a metaphor for Japanese cultural and political isolation.

This leads me to believe that the walls are meant as a way to keep the people INSIDE the walls, rather than to protect the people inside the walls. The Titans are a part of this plan to keep people inside the walls by providing the external threat (as PIXIS-SUUUUU mentioned) to motivate people to stay.

Its assumed at the beginning that mankind is more or less extinct except for the people within the walls. Turning everyone into titans that kill the remaining humans is a great vehicle for world genocide. Since the characters in the show are all German, this draws some historical parallels. From these facts it seems possible that the titans were a way of exterminating the non-German/Aryan races, and whomever precipitated the plan also wanted to rule over the remainder of humanity within the walls. If you can limit the range of humanity, and then exert complete control over that range, then essentially you become the ruler of the world. The nobility of SnK may be megalomaniacs who want to rule humanity, enough to kill off all the other humans in the world.

Its pretty clear that there are people that are alive beyond the walls. If the nobility at the center is the source of the titans in the world (used for genocide and to keep people within the walls) it would make sense for RBA to be attacking the walls to attack the people who created the genocidal monsters known as titans.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

i feel like youre all, literally and figuratifly, missing something huge: where are the collosal titans?

we have absolute proof of at least 2 of em: berthold and the one in the wall, implied to be more.

considering everyone was pretty damn suprised atvthe first sightig of berthold, i take it noone has ever seem an titan of even CLOSE to that size. and its not likely noone spotted one in one 100 years too if they got anywhere NEAR the walls.

taking nornal circumstances, that leaves only the option sthat it were shifters in those walls for me, or someone with coordinate like powers forced them to move there. theyd still need an crapton of either shifters or collosal normal titans moved there, turn them into the walls and get humans there. from the fact that the wall cult wanted em covered ASAP i also take it that theyre presumed to be hostile, hence i doubt therye humanitys saviours or so.

but that isnt my point. basicly,all shifters so far are somewhat based off normal titans, and all abide the rule of 15m max. exept for berthold. all shifters, bar berthold, seem to be greatly based off an core of titan, but with an twist. reiners armor, annie leading titans, eren is harder to say and all are buffed up with miscles and all.

as we know of an second case of huge titana. so berthold can hardly be an miracle. are there huge titans somewhere? are there maybe wild armored and female titans too? and if theyre just made by the shufters, why are huge titans makig the walls? why havent we seen more shufters considering that huge number if them shifting in one type of titan?

also, some other things to consider are why the titan wall is actually SMALLER than berthold. sure, they dont stand in the ground as that'd be silly, but they ARE encased in some sortnof stuff at least an few meters thick at its smallest. assuming any reasonable holebthey were put in, berthold shouldnt tower over the wall like.he does now.

something i cant conprehend too is the warriors actions. theyre supposed to hold great power both in and out the wall, abd are implied to be based OUTSIDE the wall. to do both that, you need an way to communicate with the outside/outside. then WHY send a bunch of kids to destroy thebwall and eredicate humanity? that alone tells me theyre NOTNin league withbthe MP/king and the power they hold within is opposed to that of the king - otheewise they would have no need of an destroyed wall, deaths and chaos.

that also tells me shifting is rather rare/new even amongst the warriors. why send kids their age if you can smuggle someone in or send in someone expierienced.

that even further makes the titans in the walls strange. how gather THAT much shifters to build a wall? and on top of that all, kin, wall cult and MP shenenigans dont make stuff clearer. weird warrior choices dont help too.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitanShift's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But. What if that the titans in the wall or (titan) was a shifter and they had sealed them in their. you can't believe that they built that wall by themselves how do you think its that high. in the first episode Armin said "that wall is 15 METERS HIGH" so that could possibly mean that they sealed titans in thew wall to keep it up.
    Also is believe that annie was trying to release the titan in the wall because in what reason did she have to climb the wall to escape? No.
    Either i think she was trying to release it or i think she made that hole in that spot to show them.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TitanShift View Post
    But. What if that the titans in the wall or (titan) was a shifter and they had sealed them in their. you can't believe that they built that wall by themselves how do you think its that high. in the first episode Armin said "that wall is 15 METERS HIGH" so that could possibly mean that they sealed titans in thew wall to keep it up.
    Also is believe that annie was trying to release the titan in the wall because in what reason did she have to climb the wall to escape? No.
    Either i think she was trying to release it or i think she made that hole in that spot to show them.
    The wall titans might be shifters, or they might not, we just don't know right now. (I don't know if that was a typo but the walls go 50m high btw. Eren, Reiner, and Annie's titans are 15m class. Bert's colossal titan is 60m tall.) I have no doubt at all that Annie was trying to abort the mission and escape, just like Reiner and Bert did when things went sour for them. She's not a martyr; she just wasn't successful at getting away like they were. At the same time, however, people have suggested before that she did intend to show the titans inside the wall to everyone, and I also see it as a reasonable possibility. The two motives aren't mutually exclusive.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitanShift's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats what im saying thank you to whowver gave clarifired me on what info i got wrong but im pretty sure they concealed titans inside the wall. I belive this 100% also.

New Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast