Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A theory on Titans in the Walls (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    She's not a martyr; she just wasn't successful at getting away like they were. At the same time, however, people have suggested before that she did intend to show the titans inside the wall to everyone, and I also see it as a reasonable possibility. The two motives aren't mutually exclusive.
    I doubt that Annie actually even cared about if whether or not the people within the walls saw the titans, because the initial objective of the enemy titan shifters was to simply exterminate all the people living within the walls. I don't see how liberating their enemy with knowledge that was kept secret from them would add value to the "hometown" shifters' cause.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@TitanShift: I see, so you meant to say the same thing then. (By the way, I forgot to say: welcome to the boards!)

Quote Originally Posted by LiarsParadox View Post
    I doubt that Annie actually even cared about if whether or not the people within the walls saw the titans, because the initial objective of the enemy titan shifters was to simply exterminate all the people living within the walls. I don't see how liberating their enemy with knowledge that was kept secret from them would add value to the "hometown" shifters' cause.
    We know that the titan trio ceased with their initial mission as soon as they learned Eren was a shifter. Then they kept trying to kidnap him, while essentially ignoring everyone else unless they got in the way. So we know (a) the mission has changed, and (b) Eren is important to them. It's no a certainty at all-- no one is claiming that-- but stirring things up by revealing disturbing facts about the world he (& the others) grew up in could work in her side's favour.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Annie damaged the wall on purpose on the contrary RAB
    and the Ape titan clearly avoided damaging the walls though the had the power too.
    I highly doubt anything mattered to A then getting away at that moment...

And if worst comes to worst and Armin's statement about the wall titans
    going for a walk comes true that will also be the time of Annies comeback undoing her cocoon.
    Unless the find another way of getting her out or her village comes to the rescue.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@TitanShift: I see, so you meant to say the same thing then. (By the way, I forgot to say: welcome to the boards!)

We know that the titan trio ceased with their initial mission as soon as they learned Eren was a shifter. Then they kept trying to kidnap him, while essentially ignoring everyone else unless they got in the way. So we know (a) the mission has changed, and (b) Eren is important to them. It's no a certainty at all-- no one is claiming that-- but stirring things up by revealing disturbing facts about the world he (& the others) grew up in could work in her side's favour.
    It might, but I still don't think that it's likely. I think that they would rather everyone in the walls just die. But, that's because I'm pretty convinced by this theory about a war between the Beast Titan's faction and the "Hometown" faction, because it fits what Eren said about them being cattle pretty well.

If that theory is correct, then the trio, would rather that this supply of soldiers against their people be eliminated - even if those people are innocent.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 220kz View Post
    I don't think Annie damaged the wall on purpose on the contrary RAB
    and the Ape titan clearly avoided damaging the walls though the had the power too.
    I highly doubt anything mattered to A then getting away at that moment...

And if worst comes to worst and Armin's statement about the wall titans
    going for a walk comes true that will also be the time of Annies comeback undoing her cocoon.
    Unless the find another way of getting her out or her village comes to the rescue.
    I'm interested in knowing about the place where the evil shifter trio came from. Obviously, they differ from the people within the walls, because they have no walls and their only way to fight the Titans is to become them.

It took Reiner (what appeared to me in the manga) a full second to realize that a canned food was out of place there.

If they are placed in a post-apocalyptic Germany, then I wonder if the people at Reiner's hometown are a little bit more advanced than Eren's people.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

If this theory may be correct that may explain why mikasas and her moms family (idk what they were called but they were like a tribe or something) disappeared and what happened to them

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

I just made an account but you know the titans, it seems that the skinless types (Annie bert) have some type of power, and im thinking because bert is the colossal titan similar to the titans in the walls maybe someone was trying to make him one? This may explain why he's so slow and maybe the 'person' who wanted to make him one wanted a member of his family back, believably all the wall titans are male someone tried to make a female? And make the walls stronger and make an 'armoured' one because they were afraid of 'something' or tried to protect 'something'.

Also i think that titans haven't got control over their body but they have over atleast a small part of their brain because connies mother said welcome back and the other titan that spoke to the women tried to stop himself eating the women and talked but he couldn't like someone controled him which is most likely the 'beast' titan.

I have a theory that there was a 'town' where someone created the titans and that town would be reiners/berts/annies home townand that maybe all of the people where shifter or changed into titans and they followed 'someone' and that 'someone' may 'created' the beast titan and the beast titan may have had intelligence and took over them and made him make titans and then the titan shifters knew they couldnt stop him unless someone else could control the titans eren! SO they made the walls out of shifter so the people (real royal family and people like rens dad) could gain time, and tried to make an injection to make a shifter like eren so somehow he can stop them.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

The wall titans might be shifters, or they might not, we just don't know right now. (I don't know if that was a typo but the walls go 50m high btw. Eren, Reiner, and Annie's titans are 15m class....At the same time, however, people have suggested before that she did intend to show the titans inside the wall to everyone, and I also see it as a reasonable possibility. The two motives aren't mutually exclusive.
    I don't think Annie had any good motives. I like the character and I am a fan of Eren/Annie, but the way she killed the Survey Corps members was brutal and sadistic. She didn't just kill them because she had too. She did it in creative ways that suggested she was enjoying it.

If she meant to show the people in the city the Titans in the walls, it was to somehow cause panic and mayhem inside the walls in support of her mission.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MajiinX View Post
    I think it defiantly makes sense that the Titans in the wall are non sentient and were most likely forced their by a "coordinate" and without a coordinate to keep it in check it may start rampaging if it were to reactive from receiving light. Of course its also not likely that they want people to see it as it could potentially cause mass hysteria in the city.
    Another possibility is that the Titans in the walls ARE sentient beings, just like Annie is a sentient being that has been put into some suspended animation inside the crystal. I imagine these colossal type titans may also be in a similar state.

There is another question as to whether or not they agreed to be inside the walls. If those titan's didn't want to be in the walls, that means that its possible for a "Coordinate" to have power over shifter titans, as well as normal titans. Interesting. Pastor Nick was worried the Titan might wake up and if it was left to do something of its own free will might do something to reveal the secrets of the walls. I think its safe to assume the Titans in the walls are not there willingly.

Pastor Nick knew about the Titans in the walls before it appeared, and he knows how they function based on sunlight. That means Nick and a large number of people already know about the wall titans. That means that at a minimum, there is a conspiracy to keep information from the public. More likely is that the Wall Cult and royalty know all the secrets of the walls.

I've said a few times that I think the AoT universe is just a human experiment. If that's true, then wall titans were setup to create the perfect human experiment. For what purpose, we don't yet know.
    My username honor's Balto-go's awesome Japanese pronunciation of a certain SnK Garrison Commander's name.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What you say about Annie doesn't contradict what I said there. I never said I thought she had good motives (although I do think she was truly sorry about the people she apologized to in Trost). My intent was only to suggest it's plausible that as a "last ditch" effort, she tried to reveal wall titans in hopes of fomenting fear/unrest/confusion, etc. I see her the same as Reiner or Bert. On the one hand they liked everyone in their squad and really did feel a bond with people there, BUT their mission and Bert/Reiner's village was top priority and kept their loyalties, first and foremost.

If Wall Society is a human experiment (which it very well could be), it would seem the titans in the Walls are more likely to be there willingly. Otherwise there's some puppetmaster out there who's controlling all regular humans PLUS many/most titans. Much though I like cattle raising (human experiment) theory, I lean toward them not being there willingly though, based on the same things you mention with Pastor Nick. He's very hasty to get them covered up and he specifies not letting the sunlight onto them too (so it's probably not just about not letting the public see). I suppose it could all be explained by royal conspiracy but... yeah...
    Last edited by kannazuki; September 04, 2014 at 03:16 AM.

New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7