Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission (new film, 27/12/2013)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Antxon Kolokon's Avatar
    Country
    Basque Country
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission (new film, 27/12/2013)

There is a chance that we get some new manga specials, like we did with Phantom Rouge.
    Maybe it's just me being too optimistic.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope we don't. The last thing we need is another excuse for Togashi to not work on the main story-arc.

Maybe this is me being too severe, but this hiatus is starting to kill me.

Seems like the only real tidbit of information the teaser trailer provided was that Kurapika will be in the film. It's always good to see the original gang back together. Hopefully Leorio makes an appearance too.
    Last edited by The Invertroid; August 21, 2013 at 08:01 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It'd be a good thing if Shonen Jump just play hardball and removed HXH from serialization. And if Togashi still doesn't care at least everyone knows not to waste their time waiting for HXH to resume.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be ok with it if Togashi quit serialization and jumped on board for the anime and continued his story there, did character designs, and let the animators do their work (they're doing wonderfully already). That would never ever happen in a million years, though.

I'd LOVE to see a Togashi film--not the ones that they've been giving us thus far, but that probably won't happen either. It's nice to see Kurapika will be in it, but we'll probably only see him for a few moments before it becomes the Gon&Killua special again. Just being realistic here. :|

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    It'd be a good thing if Shonen Jump just play hardball and removed HXH from serialization. And if Togashi still doesn't care at least everyone knows not to waste their time waiting for HXH to resume.
    Money above everything else. Jump will give Togashi whatever deal he wants, as long as the franchise and the volumes sell as well as they do. They would never ever risk Togashi going to another company, as unrealistic as it may be. Jump would never dare to loose such a powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    I'd LOVE to see a Togashi film--not the ones that they've been giving us thus far, but that probably won't happen either. It's nice to see Kurapika will be in it, but we'll probably only see him for a few moments before it becomes the Gon&Killua special again. Just being realistic here. :|
    Looking at your set you must be pleased kindred
    And well, it's obvious Madhouse just loves to ship them. Hard to say anything against it, the friendship between Gon and Killua has such a huge emphasis on most part of the story, there's no way to ignore it. Just less than the first movie would be fine, I want this to be focused on Netero. With that I doesn't mean the most screentime (highly unlikely) but with a good focus on his story, his character and his techniques, at best winning the last fight against the big bad by himself. The first movie handled Kurapika so damn bad, I hope they learned from their past mistake.

And considering at how many characters they teased at the end of the first movie, I'm sure we can expect the first animated scenes for Pariston and Alluka this time
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; August 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If they can manage to do Killua right, I will be very pleased indeed.

I think was just so put off by the first movie, that I was expecting to have more Kurapika, and then to have this Killua emofest dominate it. I'm cautiously optimistic for this one, and I'll still watch it. At least this one is marketing Gon, Killua, and Netero--and I sincerely hope it delivers.

If we get a shot of Pariston and Alluka, I might die from excitement though.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    If they can manage to do Killua right, I will be very pleased indeed.

I think was just so put off by the first movie, that I was expecting to have more Kurapika, and then to have this Killua emofest dominate it. I'm cautiously optimistic for this one, and I'll still watch it. At least this one is marketing Gon, Killua, and Netero--and I sincerely hope it delivers.

If we get a shot of Pariston and Alluka, I might die from excitement though.
    I don't really care about all the Boys Love stuff, I love the bromance between the two. True friendship for the win!

In that sense I'm fine if they do Gon AND Killua justice, I don't want another emofest. The whole movie suffered thanks to a false portray of Killua and the lacking focus on Kurapika. It made Killua look like a yandere prick and Kurapika appear totally lame. Where's all the badassery of Yorkshin Kurapika? Him getting so depressed and lost felt totally off, we never saw Kurapika like that, because he either goes completely nuts or tries to calmly analyze things (or a combination of both ). That's what I want them to do for the second movie: Portray to mainies faithfully and give a good emphasis on Netero. I can forgive an average story or weird animation at points, if the characters are done right Hunter x Hunter shines bright even with an average setting.

And exactly how I feel too. Togashi just created another two amazing characters, I really can't wait to see them animated

---------- Post added August 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was August 23, 2013 at 07:40 PM ----------

Global Moderator message by: niichan
    I appreciate the discussion HxH in general but the talk had near to nothing to do with the movie, so I moved the posts to the Hangout. Feel free to continue the discussion there, and try to keep it limited to the movie here.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The commercial of Hunter x Hunter The Last Mission:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    The commercial of Hunter x Hunter The Last Mission:

Spoiler show
    I have a deep fear that this movie takes the surprise effect out of the ongoing Anime series when it comes first with this:

Spoiler show

And this:
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So I finally got around to seeing the trailer. I really hope this takes place after some events in the manga or else some of the surprises are going to be lost. I completely agree.

Spoiler show

But, all we see is Gon with aura around him. Not really indicating anything--but I wonder if Gon and Killua will have their hatsus this time around?
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; August 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

for what they are saying I think the movie its about the hunters association's past.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; September 15, 2013 at 07:51 AM.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hunter x Hunter The Last Mission Poster:

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least Gon's and Killua's faces don't look as weird as they did for Phantom Rouge... I'm becoming more excited about this one as it approaches theaters. Xmas and Hunter x Hunter. The very decadent icing on the cake would be an announcement for the manga returning.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuzu, Hyadain Make Their 2nd Hunter x Hunter Film Theme Song

Quote Quote:
    Musical duo YUZU announced on their official website that they will perform the theme song for the Hunter × Hunter -The Last Mission- film. The theme song "Hyōri Ittai" (Two Sides of the Same Coin) is the third song YUZU has performed for the Hunter x Hunter anime franchise. The song is a collaboration with Ken'ichi Maeyamada, the musician also known as Hyadain.

YUZU previously collaborated with Maeyamada for "Reason," the ending theme song for the 2011 television series which was also used for as the theme for the Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge film. The duo then contributed the ending theme song "Nagareboshi☆Kirari" for the television series. Like the previous two songs, "Hyōri Ittai" will also be an ending theme for the television series.

YUZU said that they were delighted to contribute again to the anime, particularly to do so in collaboration with Maeyamada. They added that the film's major theme of "light and dark" matches the "Hyōri Ittai" song's lyrics and melodies.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Learned yesterday about Yuzu contributing to Last Mission but wasn't expecting it to be similar to Phantom Rouge where it's the ending for the Movie AND TV anime

Madhouse must REALLY love Yuzu for a 3rd team up. I like their songs but wished we had a more hard rock ED again after the last 2 being acoustic heavy(And this is coming from someone with an acoustic background : P)
    Last edited by HybridBloodsZak; September 24, 2013 at 09:21 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast