Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission (new film, 27/12/2013)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission (new film, 27/12/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bobop View Post
    This is bad if you compare it to the first movie. But let's not exaggerate. A lots of anime movies don't even make that in all of their exploitation.
    For me, it seems very unlikely that they will lost money from it. From the trailers, it doesn't seems like a very high budget project to begin with.
    Thanks bopop!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GalekC's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobop View Post
    This is bad if you compare it to the first movie. But let's not exaggerate. A lots of anime movies don't even make that in all of their exploitation.
    For me, it seems very unlikely that they will lost money from it. From the trailers, it doesn't seems like a very high budget project to begin with.
    How does the budget seem, compared with Phantom Rouge?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xScar's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GalekC View Post
    How does the budget seem, compared with Phantom Rouge?
    Not sure, but I can tell you the animation was dramatically worse than Phantom Rouge and the TV series.

Characters were off model the majority of the time -- only during fights were they really on. It was quite depressing

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xScar View Post
    Not sure, but I can tell you the animation was dramatically worse than Phantom Rouge and the TV series.

Characters were off model the majority of the time -- only during fights were they really on. It was quite depressing
    Excellent. In the face of a flop, that's very good news.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xScar View Post

Haha! I don't care if it was bad during the non-fights, then. People were complaining about the badly animated fights in Phantom Rouge for the most part, anyway. (As little as there might have been.) This signifies that it must have not been much of a loss in the box office, which is a big concern.
    Last edited by GalekC; January 17, 2014 at 05:41 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

CD singles for Hyouri Ittai are also selling well. So that should give Madhouse another boost.

"21. 3,329 *44,499 Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission ED "Hyouriittai" by Yuzu"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see HxH has become so popular & still going strong. When the fansubs came out in 2001, it never really drew much attention. Of course you still had to get subs of VHS & DVD back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Popo View Post
    Thoughts; spoilers obv follow. Kurapika was a girl who looks pretty when ailing. Not perfect, but worth seeing and better than Phantom Rouge.
    Kurapika never has been & never will be a girl. I can understand mistaking Kalluto (crossdresser), Neferpitou (hermaphrodite), & Alluka (transgender) for girls, but not Kurapika.

Speaking of Togashi's love for LGBT topics, Phantom Rogue was 100% pure pandering to yaoi fangirls from beginning to end, not unlike the 2ed season of shounen anime Kuroshitsuji. Also apparently onboard with the Creepypasta meme.

Admittedly, the fight scenes were disappointing....Those dolls don't bleed when you hit them & the fight scenes could have been a lot longer. The background art was landscape eyecandy, but I'm not going to pretend that the characters weren't a little off-model at times. http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...41-300-301.png

All of the new characters for Last Mission are male & bishounen. Color me unsurprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro Zoldyck View Post
    Does Kurapika use his chains? We have yet to see him use them against someone not from the troupe.. And do the characters look off model? I noticed Hisoka's Gon and Killua's faces looking weird in the trailer, did you notice anything? thanks
    How many times during the Yorkshin Arc did Kurapika tell his friends that he'd die if he used that technique on anyone outside of the Genei Ryodan?

Quote Originally Posted by GalekC View Post
    Non-canon, just like the last movie.
    Both movies will be canon to the 2011 anime, like how the filler episodes that didn't happen in the manga were canon to the 1999 anime. The live action musicals weren't canon to anything though......They should make more of those. I won't be surprised if the animated series continues on past the 13th Chairman Election Arc, despite lack of source material to work off of.
    Last edited by likalaruku; February 01, 2014 at 07:46 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^No, MadHouse is not a company that's so fond of filler. With the late-night time slot, which doesn't get as much viewership, they have no choice but to end it off around where the manga currently is. That is unless some sort of "miracle" happens for the anime, maybe, by that time.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member mioluva's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about Kurapica's chains only applies to chain jail. His other chains can be used without him dying because it would be too inconvenient if he came across a strong non-ryodan nen user in battle.

New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11