Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Erina Nakiri

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Erina Nakiri

Discuss anything about Erina here! The daughter of prestigious family who has friendly-hate relationship with Souma and Don't forget to mention her famous "God's Tongue" which can detect the taste of food with 100 % accuracy.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Erina Nakiri

So I'm wondering if the main heroine of this series is still Erina, what do you think? so far I feel that such role has been assigned to Tadokoro, especially as of late. Do you think that Erina would eventually still play big role in the plot, or not?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'll say so. Souma go to Erina this past chapter. It's just that Erina is not defeat yet, so she doesn't go tsun tsun toward Yukihara yet. That's all.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    So I'm wondering if the main heroine of this series is still Erina, what do you think? so far I feel that such role has been assigned to Tadokoro, especially as of late. Do you think that Erina would eventually still play big role in the plot, or not?
    Yes, it's simple
    1) She's part of the Elite Ten
    2) It seems she's meant to be the head of the Nakiri family eventually
    3) She has a back story with Jouichirou
    4) She was pretty much declared Souma's 1st love interest on ch 1
    And I could think of some more else

Seriously though, her lack of action as of late was mostly because of her being the only first year unelligible for the election, when this arc is over she's bound to return to another heavily plot related appearance

Then again, she could have one during the Souma vs Subaru shokugeki thinking of what happened this chapter, if not, maybe something on the final (because we know Souma will be there and if he wins hell will break lose with Erina)

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The story doesn't have to have only one main female character. Megumi is Yukihira partner and who will evolve throughout the story along with him. Erina is one of the most important rivals, she is on a different level right now, that's why she is not appearing that much, as Eru13 said. She will be very important in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    Did it happen? Seriously? I have to reread this chapter because I don't remember that at all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, his father do say something along the line of to become a great chef you should find a woman who’ll make you want to cook for her for the rest of your life or something like that. Then, the next page, Erina appear. Seems like a pretty big hint.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It was to create a cliffhanger to the next chapter, put in check Yukihira's enrollment test, it didn't have anything to do with love.
    We already discussed that and concluded that love in this story is nearly to zero, but if I had to choose someone to make a couple with Yukihira, it would be Megumi. She, unlike Erina, really showed love for Yukihira.
    Last edited by Leoat12; August 24, 2014 at 10:08 PM.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    It was to create a cliffhanger to the next chapter, put in check Yukihira's enrollment test, it didn't have anything to do with love.
    We already discussed that and concluded that love in this story is nearly to zero, but if I had to choose someone to make a couple with Yukihira, it would be Megumi. She, unlike Erina, really showed love for Yukihira.
    It's not necessarily about love, but I still tend to believe that Erina would have pivotal role in Souma's life more than any other girl in this series. Personally I also found that the dialogue spoken by Jouichiro hinting towards Erina, though it could've been more obvious to avoid more speculations.

I personally don't think this series as a whole would be void of dere-dere stuff, it's just at the moment things are more focused on the development of Souma & co. as characters, rather than focusing on their relationships. So far, only Megumi (and Nikumi, but I believe it's comical rather than something serious) who shows her apparent affection towards Souma, but then again, I am looking forward how the relationship between Erina and Souma develops.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    Yes, it's simple
    1) She's part of the Elite Ten
    2) It seems she's meant to be the head of the Nakiri family eventually
    3) She has a back story with Jouichirou
    And I could think of some more else

Seriously though, her lack of action as of late was mostly because of her being the only first year unelligible for the election, when this arc is over she's bound to return to another heavily plot related appearance

Then again, she could have one during the Souma vs Subaru shokugeki thinking of what happened this chapter, if not, maybe something on the final (because we know Souma will be there and if he wins hell will break lose with Erina)
    I agree, I also more inclined to believe it's because her current status is "higher" than Souma in Tootsuki, her appearance and role are kinda diminished, although just like you, I'm pretty convinced that she'll be crucial for Souma eventually.
    Last edited by Doraku; August 25, 2014 at 02:06 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply