Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 49 Discussion/ 50 Predictions

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 49 Spoilers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Hahahahaaha you're right! Which adds to the point, Eren would never have thought about this idea...
    Haha, that's true. After all, even HE seems to be shocked by the very thought of them torturing Annie here and he KNOWS that it can't be true... XD .Well, it just goes to show that Eren's not very cruel, nor a devious mastermind like Armin (or well, devious mastermind-in-training)...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Haha, that's true. After all, even HE seems to be shocked by the very thought of them torturing Annie here and he KNOWS that it can't be true... XD .Well, it just goes to show that Eren's not very cruel, nor a devious mastermind like Armin (or well, devious mastermind-in-training)...
    Yeah, I feel like Armin is being influenced a lot by Irwin's 'do whatever it takes' philosophy.

Also, on a side note, that was the first time a character in the story shared what he knew with the opposite side and let's just say it didn't go very well. -_-

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Syokhan View Post
    To be fair Eren's been gagged, so... ^^
    He could perhaps have said something earlier, before he was gagged. True, it probably would not have dissauded R & B from proceeding with their mission, but you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by dustofoblivion View Post
    Yeah, I feel like Armin is being influenced a lot by Irwin's 'do whatever it takes' philosophy.

Also, on a side note, that was the first time a character in the story shared what he knew with the opposite side and let's just say it didn't go very well. -_-
    *nods* . He's taking lessons indeed.

Yeah, didn't go so well, but still an interesting course of events

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

In Armin's own words, who knows what paths your choices may take you? His sacrifice here gives Erwin the opening to free Eren. That's the immediate payout of his choice. But lol, I ain't betting so much on Bert forgiving Armin ever again

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Major death flag for Hannes.

Eren and Mikasa encounter the Titan that killed their mother.

The Titan the two were saved from by Hannes 5 years ago, where he was too afraid to face the Titan.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, cool chapter even if there are no words just yet.

I am kinda disappointed though, I really thought irwin would put up more of a fight. Well, it can always happen against titans but I thought we would at least see him kick ass a few times before something like this happened.

Armin is awesome, he truly knows the subtle art of "not giving a fuck". I can already imagine him being the leader of the scouting legion in the future.

I honestly thought this chapter we would see everyone transforming into titans including berholt. He does not even have a choice at this point considering he is that wounded. I would have honestly guessed it would have been everyone's priority that eren transforms though. He If he does transform he could outrun every titan there, protect the legion and there would be no chance of reyner catching him considering eren should be significantly faster. Berholt should have already transformed to start stepping or punching titans.... And reyner throwing titans was awesome.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ahh, cool chapter even if there are no words just yet.

I am kinda disappointed though, I really thought irwin would put up more of a fight. Well, it can always happen against titans but I thought we would at least see him kick ass a few times before something like this happened.

Armin is awesome, he truly knows the subtle art of "not giving a fuck". I can already imagine him being the leader of the scouting legion in the future.

I honestly thought this chapter we would see everyone transforming into titans including berholt. He does not even have a choice at this point considering he is that wounded. I would have honestly guessed it would have been everyone's priority that eren transforms though. He If he does transform he could outrun every titan there, protect the legion and there would be no chance of reyner catching him considering eren should be significantly faster. Berholt should have already transformed to start stepping or punching titans.... And reyner throwing titans was awesome.
    They don't need to transform into a Titan in order to heal their wounds. For example, Reiner healed his arm while in his human form.

Also, what makes you think Eren is faster than Reiner? If Reiner removes some of his armor he is incredibly fast as shown in chapter 43 or 44 (I don't remember which one exactly).

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

They don't need to transform into a Titan in order to heal their wounds. For example, Reiner healed his arm while in his human form.

Also, what makes you think Eren is faster than Reiner? If Reiner removes some of his armor he is incredibly fast as shown in chapter 43 or 44 (I don't remember which one exactly).
    Wouldn't he heal faster if he transforms? Back when eren first transformed he got was with his arms back once he got out of the titan, right now it seemed like it took hours and hours for his arms to grow back.

Reyner never removed his armor. Armin was the one that suggested the possibility that reyner could become faster if he removes his armor but that never actually happened. As things are right now I would think the most likely scenario is that reyner cannot remove his armor. If he could I would think he would have done it already, he might have already escaped the scouting legion. As for eren, I would argue there are 2 things which suggest he is faster. The first is that he is far less bulky to begin with. Reyner is far more muscular than eren. On top of that there is the armor thing so far.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Wouldn't he heal faster if he transforms? Back when eren first transformed he got was with his arms back once he got out of the titan, right now it seemed like it took hours and hours for his arms to grow back.

Reyner never removed his armor. Armin was the one that suggested the possibility that reyner could become faster if he removes his armor but that never actually happened. As things are right now I would think the most likely scenario is that reyner cannot remove his armor. If he could I would think he would have done it already, he might have already escaped the scouting legion. As for eren, I would argue there are 2 things which suggest he is faster. The first is that he is far less bulky to begin with. Reyner is far more muscular than eren. On top of that there is the armor thing so far.
    Well, for Berthold, my theory is that he is a 'stationary type' Titan. Have you ever seen him walk in his Titan form? Also, you're right that he would probably heal faster like that, I was just pointing out that they can heal even in their human form (or at least Reiner can).

For Reiner, you're right too. But I think he would be faster anyway, because Eren was impressed with his speed which implies that he is faster than him no? Anyway I'm not sure, but I doubt Eren would be better than Reiner at surviving in the middle of a group of Titans though.
    Last edited by dustofoblivion; September 05, 2013 at 06:56 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wonder how long it's gonna take to get translated since the raw is chinese

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Reiner Braun - World Champion in Pillow Fights.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crossover View Post
    wonder how long it's gonna take to get translated since the raw is chinese
    I expect scanlation groups are still waiting for their usual Japanese raws, rather than messing with a language they're less familiar with. At least I know that's what Mangastream would do...

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, for Berthold, my theory is that he is a 'stationary type' Titan. Have you ever seen him walk in his Titan form? Also, you're right that he would probably heal faster like that, I was just pointing out that they can heal even in their human form (or at least Reiner can).

For Reiner, you're right too. But I think he would be faster anyway, because Eren was impressed with his speed which implies that he is faster than him no? Anyway I'm not sure, but I doubt Eren would be better than Reiner at surviving in the middle of a group of Titans though.
    Didn't Eren and Ymir also heal in their human forms?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

An early scanlation: http://imgur.com/a/JqMdX

17. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    An early scanlation: http://imgur.com/a/JqMdX
    Ah "INTERROGATION......" that's the word I was looking for when I translated the bits

But anyways, I really really liked love this chapter... the main Scouting Legion cast are all so valiant... Christa finally made her kill, Connie making a clever statement, Ymir trying to bring Christa to RB because that's been hinted by Connie as a method to save Christa (instead of solely herself,) Commander's call for advance even when he's grabbed by a Titan, Armin's ruthlessness, JEAN SAVING MIKASA... Commander making the slash on Bert with one arm!!...

Even Reiner's chucking titans at them... which is a sign of his warrior soul returning to him...

I cannot stress enough how epic everyone is in this chapter...

And look at the MP... just getting eaten like that, calling the SL a crazy bunch... The contrast really shows...

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast