Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Reaper Death Seal possible error?

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reaper Death Seal possible error?

I'm not sure myself i could've missed something somewhere which is why i'm posting, but Since orochimaru cut open the stomach of the Reaper and it gave him back his arms that were sealed inside the 3rd hokage via reaper death seal shouldn't it have also released the other half of the kyuubi that was sealed in minato via reaper death seal?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reaper Death Seal possible error?

Don't worry, you aren't alone.
    I always found it strange that Minato could so easily use Kurama's chakra when Naruto had to overcome his hatred first and then fight Kurama all along. Somehow it would make sense if Minato's half of the Kyuubi was just nothing but chakra but last chapter's cliffhanger destroyed that option.

I think this is just Kishi again fucking any logic he established in his manga.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought it would be something like minato could use it because naruto already tamed the kyuubi and if that kyuubi pretty much just let minato use it since naruto had the kyuubi on his side by then. but that wouldnt make sense if this kyuubi ends up being evil but the way he talks he might not be.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I just checked the chapter and Guess you are right, but it looked like he chose to release those first cause they were the first thing to come out, either that happened because they were related to the one who opened the belly of death God or because he chose them to come out first.

On another node In death God belly things that are sealed, they are being the separate entities fighting each other for the eternity , so yah Kyuubi's chakra shouldn't be available to minato.

Only justifiable theory can be that Minato regained the possession of that Chakra as soon as he came out

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

DANG ...
    Just realised they are actually Edo Tenseid not freed unlike the arms, so when Minato died he had this chakra sealed in him so he was ressuracted that way

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea i'm on the same boat as you. I remember seeing somewhere that the Yin Yang chakra of Kurama were sealed. So it made sense that there were two of them but it was just proved last chapter. But it's still a mystery why Minato has it tamed. Maybe this one was friendlier.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark blood View Post
    I just checked the chapter and Guess you are right, but it looked like he chose to release those first cause they were the first thing to come out, either that happened because they were related to the one who opened the belly of death God or because he chose them to come out first.

On another node In death God belly things that are sealed, they are being the separate entities fighting each other for the eternity , so yah Kyuubi's chakra shouldn't be available to minato.

Only justifiable theory can be that Minato regained the possession of that Chakra as soon as he came out

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

DANG ...
    Just realised they are actually Edo Tenseid not freed unlike the arms, so when Minato died he had this chakra sealed in him so he was ressuracted that way
    Minato was a genius, and not any genius, but the genius who created the details of the contract.

Which begs the question; did he create the contract on the fly, or, did he had it planned for a while?

One of two things happened, either Minato created the contract that ultimately gives his son access to the Fox's chakra due to the threat of "Madara", thereby he created the contract and its details on the fly

or

Minato had an idea how to create such a contract, but realized only the sealing techniques of the death god could necessitate the many nuances that would give the user access to the fox's chakra; and decided against it since if he were to use this technique he'd die and be sealed in the death god.

maybe option three;

and/or; He, developed the technique knowing someday, his wife would need to pass on the Fox to some one else, and therefore he decided he'd leave a lasting legacy, and a weapon that would forever protect the village. Maybe, he intentioned to train Naruto once he was old enough to use the Fox's Chakra, and then sacrifice himself to Seal the Fox inside his son.

But we all know why Sarutobi is missing and Minato lost his arm, to ensure no reaper death seal of course, probably, the only thing Obito has no counter for.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Expletivebmp; September 03, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Could the seal Minato used on the Kyuubi incorporate some Kage Bunshin elements? That is the only jutsu where a user can split himself including his consciousness and be a complete entity in his own right with half the chakra of course. Or failing that,

This is the same justsu that Minato used to place both his and Naruto's mom chakra and consciousness within Naruto. If he could split his chakra that way, why is it impossible that he could do the same for the Kyuubi....I don't know... but it doesn't seem that farfetched
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Wasn't that because the Yin And Yang portions of Kurama were separated then sealed? Then just made allies with it and then wollla were at where we are now.

New Reply