Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hiro Mashima's Twitter

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hiro Mashima's Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by shaddy85 View Post
    I really like when they say "scanlation are bad". I don't say that it's 100% good but withoud scanlation many series would be know only in Japan. I wonder what he think now, maybe "I said that I'm sad about illegal manga and now my fans will stop reading scanlation and wait almost one year to see what will happend next". Many peoples read scanlation but also buy volumes when they come out in language they know. Also many publishers judge how popular some titles are looking at how popular scanlation are. How many of you would buy volmes of manga just because someone else said that it's good, and not checking it on scanlations ?
    For example I would never know about Nisekoi, Soul Eater Not!, Is that a Zombie, Genshiken if not scanlation, and thanks to them creators of that titles got one moer reader.
    "For anyone interested, Mashima wrote on his twitter that he is happy about his series gets popular from foreign fans, but he feels sad that half of these foreign fans reading his manga and watching the anime illegally."

If you read what he said, it can never be inferred "scanlations are bad." That's a knee-jerk reaction. He's talking about the people that read scanlations and download the anime and never drop a single cent on the manga or DVDs. And he's right to be sad about it, because it's his work, and those people enjoy it but do not wish to support him.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner alekos23's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

credit to imshirou from tumblr for translating this.

Quote Quote:
    次の新連載用に考えてた話と今日たまたま観たアニメの設定がまるかぶりで、激しくヘコんでいる。また一から考え直しだなー。

I found that the story I’ve been planning for the new series is so similar with the anime I watched today by chance. I’m so depressed. I should make a new storyline-.

FTはまだまだ終わらないですよ。前にも書いたけど新連載は別の雑誌でやります。FTと同時に。(体力がもてばだけど。)流石にFTも長期連載なので、たまに別の話が描きたくなるのですよ。実はRAVE連載中にすでにFTの原型はあったくらいなので、連載中に他の物語を考えるのは僕の普通です。

FT will not end soon. As I said before the new series will be published in another manga magazine, as FT series go on. (of course when my schedule and energy can afford to do it) As FT gets to long series, I sometimes feel like drawing something different. In fact I had planned rough storyline of FT when working on RAVE, I often think about another story ideas while working on one series.

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I'm rather impressed with Mashima's forward-planning. Glad to see that he's planned the story well enough in advance. Also, for Mashima's next serialization.... anyone wanna bet he's going for Shueisha? although I don't think SM would be willing to hand over a guy whose series is pretty much giving the Big 3 a run for their money to another magazine.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    Wow, I'm rather impressed with Mashima's forward-planning. Glad to see that he's planned the story well enough in advance. Also, for Mashima's next serialization.... anyone wanna bet he's going for Shueisha? although I don't think SM would be willing to hand over a guy whose series is pretty much giving the Big 3 a run for their money to another magazine.
    It's definitely not going to be with a different publisher. He's not talking about a post Fairy Tail series, he's talking about about a series running at the same time as Fairy Tail. He's pretty clearly planning to be doing a monthly series at the same time as Fairy Tail like he did with Monster Hunter Orage. So it's pretty much guaranteed to be whatever monthly manga magazine Kodansha has.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

More pics:
    Snowballs:
    Spoiler show

Studying:
    Spoiler show

Traditional Erza:
    Spoiler show

Natsu:
    Spoiler show

Lucy:
    Spoiler show

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    More pics:

Traditional Erza:
    Spoiler show
    Erza with clothes!?
    I almost forgot what she looked like when wearing them!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Twitpics:
    Oni Happy:
    Spoiler show

Oni Lucy:
    Spoiler show

Sketch:
    Spoiler show

Milk Choco Happy::
    Spoiler show

Valentine's Erza:
    Spoiler show

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I never thought about it this way, but you guys are totally right.
    Pretty much every manga that I bought, I first discovered online by reading scanlation...

So, yeah...
    They are actually helping them in a way...
    Same here. I only buy manga that I read online. And as much as I'd love to own them all, sometimes it's difficult to get some volumes.

Currently I'm going to start filling the gaps in Bleach and Fairy Tail, as well as buying the latest Naruto and One Piece volumes.

If it weren't for scanlations, I wouldn't spend as much as I do with merchandise.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, that's what...? 7 chapters ahead of release? is Mashima serious or is he just trolling? Even Oda's storyboards are usually 3 chapters ahead of release. If this is true, then this makes Mashima easily 3 times faster than most mangakas out there.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post

Ok, that's what...? 7 chapters ahead of release? is Mashima serious or is he just trolling? Even Oda's storyboards are usually 3 chapters ahead of release. If this is true, then this makes Mashima easily 3 times faster than most mangakas out there.
    The detail in One Piece is unique. No other weekly manga, as far as I know, has background and character models at its level.

I don't know if Mashima just built a head start during the breaks, if he can complete a chapter in less than a week, or if he's just a prolific monster. Either way, we probably don't have any breaks in the near future (other than Golden Week in May). That's encouraging.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Twitpics:
    Cat Gray:
    Spoiler show

Gajeel:
    Spoiler show

Levy & Gajeel:
    Spoiler show

Happy Rider
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blader's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Same here. I only buy manga that I read online. And as much as I'd love to own them all, sometimes it's difficult to get some volumes.

Currently I'm going to start filling the gaps in Bleach and Fairy Tail, as well as buying the latest Naruto and One Piece volumes.

If it weren't for scanlations, I wouldn't spend as much as I do with merchandise.
    He talk about people who never spent their money on his work. not being read scanlated, so you should not be worried.

As me and my area, well Fairy Tail is popular enough to be able to heard it in real life, in fact it's popular since first day it's release since Rave Master was popular too(not as much as Fairy Tail but still well known) so I think scanlated didn't affact my will to buying the series.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    I don't know if Mashima just built a head start during the breaks, if he can complete a chapter in less than a week, or if he's just a prolific monster. Either way, we probably don't have any breaks in the near future (other than Golden Week in May). That's encouraging.
    If I remember correctly, he never taken a break in his career, at least he never did since he write Fairy Tail.
    Last edited by Blader; March 09, 2014 at 09:13 AM.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blader View Post
    If I remember correctly, he never taken a break in his career, at least he never did since he write Fairy Tail.
    There was a small break on the timeskip, and there's always Golden Week, Christmas/New Year, and such.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    There was a small break on the timeskip, and there's always Golden Week, Christmas/New Year, and such.
    Those are breaks the magazine itself takes, not Mashima taking an issue off.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Twitter pics:
    Chibi-Zeref:
    Spoiler show

Frosh's wardrobe:
    Spoiler show

Teddy Jellal:
    Spoiler show