Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
MangaHelpers Art Contest Week 45-46 ~ Haiku Poems!
This fortnight's art contest category is Literature - Poetry with the theme set as Haiku/Haikai. Haiku (haikai verse) is a very short form of Japanese poetry typically characterised by the juxtaposition of two images or ideas that consist of three phrases (keeping it simple 'cause the contest isn't about specialists). Here's a haiku tutorial and a sample:
- All members may join this competition. There is no minimum post or user status you need to have to join the contest.
- Entries for the contest must be posted in this thread.
- Each participant can only submit ONE entry and that entry should be new (meaning it must not have been used in contests hosted by MangaHelpers previously).
- Submissions not following the week's theme will automatically result in disqualification. If you have any question about the contest, you can ask it in the discussion thread.
- No excessive, rude or porn-related texts in the contest.
- No plagiarizing is allowed.
- Submission is open until 08 / 25 / 2013 at 09 PM -3 GMT.
Voting DetailsCode:"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Writer Name" (Poem/Lyric) "Comments"
- Voting will proceed after submission period is over.
- Announcement of winners and next contest and new theme will be done as soon as possible after the voting period is over.
Good luck, everyone!
Time is not a clock
It's good and bad memories
oh how short it is
Last edited by gnut; August 21, 2013 at 05:09 AM.
Toy Soldiers stand tall.
With plastic guns in their hands.
Making "pew pew" sounds.
Snore snore snore
I hear from the other room
Another sleepless night
Haiku - "Dr. Pepper" - FaustXIII
Twenty-three flavors combined
Inside a red can
Liquid of happiness
in rain,a face glows
washed clear,in light
when sun breaches clouds
first attempt.any criticism would be welcome.