Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 35 Discussion/Chapter 36 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 35 Discussion/Chapter 36 Predictions

Chapter 35, and down the harem route we go. Poor Nikumi, and poor childhood friend, it's obvious that Souma is just going to wind up in an arranged marriage with Erina.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Souma by TSUKUDA Yuuto and SAEKI Shun

I like the author comment about his own characters. It makes such page even more funny.
    Well it's the first time I hear about Karaage. That made me curious. And maybe it is nice to get out of the school and have a contest where Souma won't get fired if he doesn't succeed.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Coincidentally I also read somewhere that Karaage's popularity is growing in Japan currently. It seems they want to compete with Koreans in making the best chicken dish. Manga-wise, another character appears, but then again her personality is kinda similar to Todokoro.. hopefully she will give us a nice surprise or anything.

And poor Nikumi.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner roxaz's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

lol Nikumi XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    , another character appears,
    nah, she is already shown in first chapter

"No matter how many years go by, I'm sure we'll still be laughing together."

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shukketsumaru View Post
    Poor Nikumi, and poor childhood friend, it's obvious that Souma is just going to wind up in an arranged marriage with Erina.
    Lol, you make it sound like Souma's dad will at some point say to Souma out of the blue that Erina is actually his fianceé XD . Well, seriously though, neither Nikumi (likeable as though she may be) or the childhood friend strikes me as serious contenders for Souma's attention...

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Manga-wise, another character appears, but then again her personality is kinda similar to Todokoro.. hopefully she will give us a nice surprise or anything.
    She isn't new, she did appear in Chapter 1, remember?

Oh me and my poor memories |Doraku

Anyway, I'm glad that Nikumi'll be getting some attention. I thought she and Yukihira would just bump into each other now and then a la during the training camp (meaning she'd in essence just be a colourful background character), but it looks like her role'll be a bit more expanded than that
    Last edited by Doraku; August 08, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Was she the classmate who was forced to eat the octopus tentacle with peanut butter??

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Oh it was her...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma Chapter 35 Discussion/Chapter 36 Predictions

I'm not a fan of new girl. She doesn't have a new personality, and I don't think she bring anything new to this manga that Todokoro doesn't bring already.

This chapter does make me go out and eat karaage, though. I don't have one in like 2 weeks.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Souma's childhood friend won't have a great importance in the story, she will appear hardly ever when Souma go outside of Tootsuki, so I don't care with your personality, it is so common in mangas that is understandable two characters with it, but she and Tadokoro has different types of insecurity.

About this chapter and the possibility of a harem, Souma doesn't take a thing about what happen around him if it doesn't have relation with cook, he's a typical character with blindness about romance, nothing will happen at all.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    About this chapter and the possibility of a harem, Souma doesn't take a thing about what happen around him if it doesn't have relation with cook, he's a typical character with blindness about romance, nothing will happen at all.
    Well Souma may have quite a few females gunning for him before this is over though . But otherwise ypou're probably right, he's the type that is Oblivious to Love. The closest he has come to showing any interest/caring for any of the girls is probably his declaration to Erina, plus him saving Megumi from being expelled...

New Reply