Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rasengan isn't just a jutsu...it's pure chakra, so stop Bashing Naruto for spamming his chakra.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasengan isn't just a jutsu...it's pure chakra, so stop Bashing Naruto for spamming his chakra.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi
    And Naruto does spam his chakra. That's not even debatable. But, you're right, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    It's not a bad thing. That's not the real argument though. The argument is that his reliance on such a limited technique as Rasengan shows that he isn't versatile and that limits his effectiveness in battle. narutotheory however seems to think we're complaining about it for a different reason. We're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman
    I wonder why spamming chakra is a bad thing.
    It isn't. No one has said this. Spamming Rasengan however, is.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011
    No it's not ridiculous, because I'm stating that naruto uses a move alot and so does Sasuke, this follows with every character in the manga in fact which I'm trying to make a point about, but using Sasuke as an example tends to upset people
    It's because you brought Sasuke up as an example intentionally to upset people. You knew for a fact that you couldn't make a case for Naruto being limited to such basic attack, so rather than defend him you attempted to throw Sasuke in the situation instead.

Quote Quote:
    The point is characters in the manga spam some technique, style, jutsu, whatever. And honestly spam is a degrading term for it, it's their style. Naruto style focuses on his rasengan sasukes on his Sharingan hashirama on his woodstyle.
    Spam is a realistic interpretation of a fighting style. If your fighting style revolves around one attack used over and over throughout the fight, then you're spamming. It's different if you use one attack that has an extended period of time throughout it's usage. That's not spamming, because you only use the attack 2 or 3 times over 5 minute intervals.

When Sasuke made 12 consecutive Enton Magatama? That was spamming, because it was repetitive usage of the same attack. That's what Naruto does with his Rasengan. It's just worse with Rasengan because it has no practical uses outside of "hit the opponent at close range and make it hurt". It has all the versatility of a basic punch.

Quote Quote:
    There is no point in defending Naruto, rasengans are a part of his style and people just dot like it. It's fair if you don't like the particular style but it has worked for him same as wood style works for hashirama and the uchihas most effective fighting style is to focus on their Sharingan
    Being a part of his style doesn't change the fact that it's spamming.

Quote Quote:
    I just thought I'd show a parallel of how Sasuke uses his Sharingan and all it's techs the same way Naruto uses rasengan and all it's variants
    And here's the reason why that's a horrible argument:

Sharingan gives Sasuke about 1000 different abilities, so even when using it, he isn't limited to just "hitting the opponent at close range". Naruto using Rasengan however, only has one realistic offensive option: get close, and hit the opponent. No ranged option (Sasuke has Susanoo arrows and Amaterasu) no defensive options (Sasuke has Susanoo and Enton walls) no supplementary use (Sasuke's Enton becomes plentiful)

Long story short, just stop.
    Last edited by ninjabot; August 14, 2013 at 02:49 PM.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rasengan isn't just a jutsu...it's pure chakra, so stop Bashing Naruto for spamming his chakra.

People who don't like Naruto's style of fighting will naturally say that he's "spamming" jutsu. In that sense, yeah, but he's a brute powerhouse and he doesn't need to be "versatile" or have an alphabetic arsenal of techniques at his disposal. He's just fine as he is because that's his character. His Rasengan drove him to many heights and will continue to do so. A good ol' Rasengan just hurt Obito so it's okay to spam it. Sasuke's versatility doesn't really help much in this situation so still attacking Naruto's style is kinda pointless. So yeah, everyone should just stop. It's just a matter of perspective and liking.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol oh man uchiha fans get fiesty once you bring up their golden boy
    I'm not even going to respond to all of it because I'm to lazy
    But pretty much what roman said, people who don't like naruto will bring down at how he spams rasengan, but you know he's so ridiculously strong at this point that it doesn't matter because he's a huge powerhouse

I wrestled in highschool and perfected a move perfectly till I could do it flawlessly, did I so called spam it, yes if you wanna call it that but it was a part of my style and it was effective, and none of my opponents made a fuss over my so called spam of the move because they knew if I set it up they were going down

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post

I wrestled in highschool and perfected a move perfectly till I could do it flawlessly, did I so called spam it, yes if you wanna call it that but it was a part of my style and it was effective, and none of my opponents made a fuss over my so called spam of the move because they knew if I set it up they were going down
    Was it the Undertaker's move? The Chokeslam!?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    I'm not even going to respond to all of it because I'm to lazy
    But pretty much what roman said, people who don't like naruto will bring down at how he spams rasengan, but you know he's so ridiculously strong at this point that it doesn't matter because he's a huge powerhouse

There's several members that love Naruto and says that he need more moves and stop spamming resengan, so it's not only Uchiha fans.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    I don't get why one wouldn't use susano'o at all times if the chakra is there. Would be stupid not to. Those damn knights of old spammed their heavy armor, how bothersome.
    Because it's a waste of chakra, boring, and it makes one too complacent? It's like wasting money and time to buy a huge axe to cut butter when a simple knife can get the job done more efficiently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I didn't see those complaints, at least not in the chapter discussions. "Spamming" is such a retarded word to use anyway. It's not like they have a whole alphabet of techniques to use, not to mention that all of them are S-rank or above. Neither Naruto nor Sasuke "spam" their techniques. If a technique is powerful and effective, of course one is gonna use them to advance in the battle. How much? Who cares.
    I've seen a lot of people complain so much about Sasuke spamming Susano'o and saying he's nothing without Susano'o/Mangekyo. But it's double standard when it comes to Naruto.

But they can learn more jutsu. Sasuke learned variants of chidori and has some katon jutsu under his belt. Kakashi has reportedly copied at least one thousand jutsu, and he has continuously shown new jutsu one way or another. Naruto's main arsenal is kage bunshin and rasengan. An S-rank jutsu means nothing if it doesn't hit or work the way it's supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    People who don't like Naruto's style of fighting will naturally say that he's "spamming" jutsu. In that sense, yeah, but he's a brute powerhouse and he doesn't need to be "versatile" or have an alphabetic arsenal of techniques at his disposal. He's just fine as he is because that's his character. His Rasengan drove him to many heights and will continue to do so. A good ol' Rasengan just hurt Obito so it's okay to spam it. Sasuke's versatility doesn't really help much in this situation so still attacking Naruto's style is kinda pointless. So yeah, everyone should just stop. It's just a matter of perspective and liking.
    Thing is, I used like his fighting style in Part I and when he fought Pain. Sure, he used rasengan and bunshins a lot, but they were clever and helped him take out bodies. Problem is, he does the same thing and shows the same thing over and over, it's tedious. Naruto doesn't need to be a powerhouse to be good, he wasn't a powerhouse in Part I without the Kyuubi's chakra. Naruto was dangerous because he was clever, and an underestimated shrewd bastard at it.

Sage Mode rasengan though. Naruto can do more damage and protect better if he knew more jutsu, whether it's defensive jutsu or offensive. Sasuke's versatility can actually help because he can find different ways to get past the black balls and attack or help defend.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I am baffled his bait and switch redundant moves always work.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Because it's a waste of chakra, boring, and it makes one too complacent? It's like wasting money and time to buy a huge axe to cut butter when a simple knife can get the job done more efficiently.
    I started of with saying "if the chakra is there" and if they fight for our amusement than the story makes way less sense. It at least has to make sense in their universe.
    Also Susanoo is a way to not get hurt while fighting, it's not possible to compare it to a axe vs a knife. If you are on a mission to kill some one for example and the oponent it weaker, why not take the safest rout, they might have a trick you didn't know about.
    Meh

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato thought similarly; he used shou shinra tensei. As result, Deva couldn't use its power for a long time, and Nagato was lower on chakra, leadin to his loss. Why waste chakra using Susano'o when something else can work just as well? If I recall, only Sasuke's Susano'o has been shown to have a very fast attack.

I don't see how it's not possible to compare it to an axe vs. knife. An axe is a surefire way to cut butter, like Susano'o is, but there could be serious consequences like blindness or lower chakra. A butter knife can get the job done just as well with less ramifications, like no cutting through whatever's holding the butter.

Sasuke opened his fight against Danzou with Susano'o, but it didn't hurt Danzou. Susano'o isn't always the safest, and rasengan/kage bunshin is less so.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

If any character has the chakra reserves, let the spam. God dam it, it'll give us more manga chapters to read because of all that extra energy they have.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember Naruto using his Uzumaki barrage, but that just proves my point - Naruto's too limited to close range style. He had to throw his clone to hit Deva with rasengan (which was still cool). Kakashi praised Naruto for using kage bunshin's ability to send info back to the original, not for using it to beat Kakuzu, which Naruto had to be bailed out of. He still fought Kakuzu close range and was in danger because of it.
    ,Not the same actual Rendan barrage he used it Part I but kinda similar to it:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/277/2
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/277/3
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/277/4

,Yeah it was cool. And he had enough cleverness in that fight specifically as to clone utilization. Took out individual paths one by one and managed to get Tendo. Point is, he still hit Deva despite the fact that he’s limited to close range (he impressively thought of letting his clones throw him and took advantage of the jutsu interval), and withstood the effect of shinra tensei with his supporting tajuu clones.
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/442/15

The good deal is hitting and beating the opponent, even if the odds are blowing and the range option is limited. That’s impressive. Point again is, he managed to get Kakuzu with the help of clone diversion.
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/341/8
    ,How he utilize his clone is clearly more versatile in Part II.
    ,With SM his taijutsu skills are far more superior and versatile.

Quote Quote:
    He should, as they can be pretty useful. Uzumaki Naruto barrage would do a great job of taking out Hungry Ghost's ability rather than any chakra attack.
    ,No need for rasengan and barrage for that. He did stomp him in Sage Mode using Frog Kata.
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/431/13

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    If any character has the chakra reserves, let the spam. God dam it, it'll give us more manga chapters to read because of all that extra energy they have.
    ,And let Juubito spam that myouton lol.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato thought similarly; he used shou shinra tensei. As result, Deva couldn't use its power for a long time, and Nagato was lower on chakra, leadin to his loss. Why waste chakra using Susano'o when something else can work just as well? If I recall, only Sasuke's Susano'o has been shown to have a very fast attack.

I don't see how it's not possible to compare it to an axe vs. knife. An axe is a surefire way to cut butter, like Susano'o is, but there could be serious consequences like blindness or lower chakra. A butter knife can get the job done just as well with less ramifications, like no cutting through whatever's holding the butter.

Sasuke opened his fight against Danzou with Susano'o, but it didn't hurt Danzou. Susano'o isn't always the safest, and rasengan/kage bunshin is less so.
    A axe lacks a defensive aspect. Comparing the knife to a shield and sword would be better but that just shows the analogy isn't very good as the knife then lacks the defensive aspect.
    Meh

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The Rasengan is to Naruto what the Chidori is to Sasuke.

The difference is one is much easier to manipulate and the other is simply a spiralling ball. The usage is similar. Sasuke can use his Chidori to paralyze, pierce and infuze it onto a weapon while Naruto can create gaping holes into opponents, infuze his Rasengan with his own element (which then slices or can be used as a spiraling vortex) and use it to compliment his own fighting style.

Would it be nice to see Naruto use a Fuuton Jutsu that is not related to the Rasengan? Yes. His versatility depends on how you see it.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mbacarra's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a matter of convenience that's why Naruto's using the rasengan all the time. It's the strongest attack he has which is basically rooted to the beast bomb. nonetheless, it shows his lack of versatility as most people have pointed out here. But I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with that. He has an enormous amount of chakra pool, with the kyuubi to boot, plus the senjutsu on top. If you think about it, he's basically the embodiment of the younger son of the Sage of the Six Paths.

True, it would be amazing if he knew how to use some amazing jutsu and make Madara wet his pants. But think of it like this, he's making most of what he knows at the moment, which is the rasengan. Spamming rasengan? yes, but we're at a point in the manga where making up jutsu is not the most practical thing to do. Who knows what he can do when he is finally able to make his own jutsu.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

What about combing more attacks. 1000 Shadow Clone + Sexy Jutsu + Giant Rasengans. Sweet

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast