Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Potential Story Leak - Beware of Spoilers.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Potential Story Leak - Beware of Spoilers.

The following 'sum up' of Shingeki no Kyojin's story was given by a former employee of Kodansha who was working closely with Isayama in an interview on a Japanese manga forum in June.

Whether you guys choose to believe this or not is up to you, however, it makes sense given the information that was given to us about the story so far. Also, the website containing the interview was taken down, and the employee, fired last month.

The following text contains massive spoilers (even for those who read the manga) about the truths of the story's world and how it will end. You were warned.

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MASSIVE SPOILERS about Eren's father being a shapeshifter, the story's world and how it will end (translated from Japanes

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. There are bound to be spoilers regarding this all over other Japanese threads despite getting the source deleted. (After all, the rest of the world apparently gets a full English translation.) Although this is coming from me only, I haven't seen anything in Japanese threads that remotely resembles this so far.

Also, unless Kichirou Moto is a temporary name, it is such an ambiguous and (for the purpose of this manga) mostly meaningless name for a final boss, lol. As far as I know, the names of the current characters are all very meaningful. In fact so meaningful that Isayama got into a little crisis with the Korean media partly because Mikasa is (most likely) named after the Battleship Mikasa of Imperial Japan.

On the off chance the name is actually real, then I'll be a bit disappointed with his decision. Also, if the story of ex-employee is true, some part of me does hope Isayama wouldn't follow through the same ending that has already be spoiled, I wonder if he would actually change it. Though I'd rather he does what he likes for his story, who knows. As far as I can tell, the 'summary' sounds like some fanfic that tries to not contradict with the currently revealed plot.

I would've thought, even the pilot chapter is probably closer to the truth than this

Problem solved!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MASSIVE SPOILERS about Eren's father being a shapeshifter, the story's world and how it will end (translated from Japanes

Not going to believe this one seeing that:
    A - You have no proof of the validity of this, you just claim without any evidence and just present a story.
    B - There have been COUNTLESS of people claiming "Story has been leaked!" in manga general.Naruto,Bleach,One Piece etc there are always "Leaks".And they are always wrong.
    C - The story is heavily,hugely nearly completely influenced by the Norse, where is the influence of that in the "leak"?
    D - Kichiro Moto....seeing that the setting is clearly european I highly doubt this.
    E - I've seen this posted like dozens of times, on Youtube comments, on Animesuki, on NF that it's clearly just seeking attention.

To me it is obviously just a fake leak, AoT is getting so much attention that naturally some trolls are attracted.

Besides, it's impossible for stories to be leaked as no Author can plan to the end due to Editors.

Also, Imma change the Title.
    Last edited by Beatrice; August 13, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice View Post
    Not going to believe this one seeing that:
    A - You have no proof of the validity of this.
    B - There have been COUNTLESS of people claiming "Story has been leaked!" in manga general.Naruto,Bleach,One Piece etc there are always "Leaks".
    C - The story is heavily influenced by the Norse, where is the influence in that "leak"?
    D - Kichiro Moto....seeing that the setting is clearly european I highly doubt this.
    E - I've seen this posted like dozens of times, on Youtube comments, on Animesuki, on NF.

To me it is obviously just a fake leak, AoT is getting so much attention that trolls just post such stuff.
    Not saying you are, but the one who originally came up with this.

Also, Imma change the Title.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RpBKOQxOB4

This is the video where I found out about this. Also, the video description used to have a link that takes to the forum where is the interview, but like I said the site got taken down and the link no longer works.

I don't know if this true or not, alright, but it looked highly credible to me especially considering that the website got taken down not long after that was posted.
    Last edited by dustofoblivion; August 13, 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Potential Story Leak - Beware of Spoilers.

Well yeah, but anyone can come up with "The Link is gone", especially since it's mighty convenient for the creator of this "leak".

Anyway, I won't tell you believe it or not, that's entirely your choice but what I can do is advise you not to take this serious , as I said, there have always been Manga Leaks, and not once have they been true.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

If you think this is real please EDIT the thread TITLE thanks.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Title is fine as it is.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I was reading the page with the old title, before you edited it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

that spoiler is too simple to be true "He was able to develop a mutant potion that could be introduced into the water supply so that it would turn humans into enormous, but mindless killers" i have seen this kinda scenario but i dont remember where so it seems copied and fake and too easy

and why find a vaccine to prevent further titan mutations when you need to save the humans and instead why not some mass titan killing drug that could be spread through the air instead lol

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member mikasaaa's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, and also, what about Ape Titan's faction?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the same thing another forum member posted a while back except he posted a youtube video with some guy saying this stuff. There is no way the story is getting leaked this easily though.

The biggest flaw with the theory is the idea that humanity posed a risk for titan shifters. Unless humanity had seriously advanced technology back in the day it makes no sense that they would ever pose a threat. Even then, if shifters could be eliminated by humans then normal titans never would have been a threat to begin with even with high numbers. Normal titans are stupid and incapable of planning or countering per say, how could they pose a threat to people capable of disposing of shifters?

More so, the more recent chapters imply eren might have eaten his father while this theory says he was disposed of for whatever reason.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw part of this posted on another forum, and read the rest at the youtube link (at the time). I found it too simple-sounding to be believable, and it was already suspicious that the source isn't even named with a nickname or described some more. Like someone said above, editors have a lot of influence regarding how stories are drawn, but I doubt many others get the details of where the story is headed. No editor is going to risk getting kicked off of a great cashcow like this story either.
    Last edited by kannazuki; August 14, 2013 at 01:33 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ImmortalZodd's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

And don't forget that they all probably had to sing a non-disclosure agreement, so I really doubt someone started revealing the story even if they did get fired/in an argument with Ishiyama.

But I do have to say, it's pretty well thought out, for a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by mikasaaa View Post
    Yeah, and also, what about Ape Titan's faction?
    I'm guessing Ape titan would be Dr. Kichirou Moto.

Quote Originally Posted by R3D View Post
    that spoiler is too simple to be true "He was able to develop a mutant potion that could be introduced into the water supply so that it would turn humans into enormous, but mindless killers" i have seen this kinda scenario but i dont remember where so it seems copied and fake and too easy
    It was in series 24 and Batman Begins. You have seen it a few times probably, but only because it is an efficent way to spread such...things, not because its fake and gay.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    The biggest flaw with the theory is the idea that humanity posed a risk for titan shifters. Unless humanity had seriously advanced technology back in the day it makes no sense that they would ever pose a threat. Even then, if shifters could be eliminated by humans then normal titans never would have been a threat to begin with even with high numbers.
    Still, let's say there were only 20 or so titan shifters at that point, versus like, 200 000 people with canons and shit.. Of course, the shifters would overpower them by far at first, but in a battle of endurance, who knows.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Except that it is not possible for them to have been so few titans that long ago. Remember the walls? Their entire range is almost entirely filled by titans apparently. Thats at least hundreds if not thousands of titans 100 years ago.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Unless they somehow tamed normal titans every titan within the wall is currently a shifter that is just sleeping.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this thread is a couple months old but in light of recent chapters does anyone have any new thoughts on this? At first I had some feeling it could be true (mainly because nothing disproved it) but it looks a lot more and more fake now, all the mysteries it answered were from the chapters before it's release. Surely if it were a "real" spoiler it would have mentioned the coordinate or why they need Eren so much? "Dr Moto" would have no interest in Eren other than killing him or getting him on his side according to the 'leak' which suggests he is nothing more than a Shifter. We now know they wanted him so badly because of the coordinate power. It sounds more like a good theory on it at the time not an actual leak.

Also I'm not sure if anyone's thought about this but surely if this Dr Moto was the Ape-Titan, he can control Titans? Why would he need to build a defends against the then?
    Last edited by epictoads; October 23, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast