Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who wins the tournament?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Unohana Retsu

    The results are hidden 0%
  • Kisuke Urahara

    The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

  1. #1
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara


    Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information.

    THE FINAL

    Welcome to the Final of championship fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other for winning the championship bracket:



  2. #2
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    Unohana for the win. I don't see Urahara throwing anything at Unohana that's going to be much of a threat. And she has overwhelming power that could probably take him down in a single blow. Add that to the fact that she has her bankai, and I don't see Urahara winning this. His intellect is good and well, but I don't see it being of much use here, Unohana's style is meant for straightforward combat, but she's shown herself to be capable of playing games and using her own intelligence. The ability to heal yourself is probably pretty useful too.

  3. #3
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ~Nyaa
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,701
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    If Urahara can win against Kyouraku, I pretty much doubt he'd lose to Unohana. He wouldn't lose in a straight out kido battle, in fact, he'd have the upper hand, and would do everything to avoid a pure swordplay. So, the fight would be dragged on for a long time, which always gives an advantage to the one with more intellect who is capable of coming up with different strategies to win more efficiently.

  4. #4
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    So, the fight would be dragged on for a long time, which always gives an advantage to the one with more intellect who is capable of coming up with different strategies to win more efficiently.
    I would think that a protracted battle would favour an individual with superior stamina, and an unrivalled ability to heal themselves over and over again. Urahara only has so many tricks up his sleeve, and I seriously doubt Unohana would fall for most of them. The longer this battle goes on, the less Urahara has in his bag of tricks, while Unohana is going to be looking more and more threatening. If she can beatdown and heal Zaraki over and over again, I doubt Urahara's going to tire her out much.

  5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  6. #5
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    17,601
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    If Urahara can win against Kyouraku, I pretty much doubt he'd lose to Unohana. He wouldn't lose in a straight out kido battle, in fact, he'd have the upper hand, and would do everything to avoid a pure swordplay. So, the fight would be dragged on for a long time, which always gives an advantage to the one with more intellect who is capable of coming up with different strategies to win more efficiently.
    I don't think there is an scenario here in which urahara actually can avoid swordplay. Unohana was strong enough to continually beat down zaraki without an eyepatch. She did it god knows how many times and still managed to continually defeat him even though he came back stronger every time. Zaraki could not even defend from her for a long time... Urahara is a good fighter but how can he conceivably avoid a monster like unohana indefinitely? If zaraki when he fought unohana was anywhere near the level from when he fought nnoitora then we are talking about unohana's mere swordsmanship exceeding easily the power of a resurreccion or bankai altogether. To boot its not like urahara will have the freedom to just use the techniques he used against aizen. Presuming unohana is not simply able to cut past urahara's kido (because her swordsmanship is that good) there is still no reason for that to work considering unohana won't just wait for urahara to open his bag of tricks. I give this one to unohana.

  7. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    As much as I like Urahara I can't see him beating a damn zombie, that can heal herself over and over again. Screw her Bankai, we've hardly saw anything else than release. Her pure swordmanship and healing techniques are hax. But she still can be defeated. How? By being just stronger and not giving her time to heal, like Kenpachi. Reiatsu handcuffs? She doesn't seem like someone who has outrageous reiatsu. She can control it perfectly, as shown during her and Ichigo's trip in Garganta. She probably wouldn't take that much of a damage to be one-shotted. She's not Zaraki, whose reiatsu is much much bigger than his actual strength. In her case, it's skill and control over reiatsu, not reiatsu itself. And all that IF she gets caught. Unohana wins, unfortunately.

  8. #7
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,046
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    what's unohana doing in the final?? she lost against a brat named kenpachi, surely she is strong,but how could she win against Isshin and Ichigo in this tournament??? urahara is the god,he would just block her reishi as he did against aizen. unohana's bankai doesn't seem a threat at all either...

  9. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    what's unohana doing in the final?? she lost against a brat named kenpachi, surely she is strong,but how could she win against Isshin and Ichigo in this tournament??? urahara is the god,he would just block her reishi as he did against aizen. unohana's bankai doesn't seem a threat at all either...
    A brat named SS's-last-resort-who-Yamaji-feared Kenpachi. And she killed him tens or hundreds of times before he got to his original strength. Also, she was Kenpachi of the first generation. So she was the strongest fighter of first, bloodthirsty generation of Gotei 13. Was Yamaji stronger? Due to his Zanpakuto, maybe. It didn't look like she had proper Zanpakuto against young Zaraki. She still was Kenpachi of back then, that makes Ukitake and Kyoraku shiver.

  10. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    Unohana is strong, but the claims that she could cut any Kido or moves Urahara throws is just ridiculous. She's powerful, sure, but she doesn't have incredible reitsu to nullify moves like Aizen, and has shown to be admittedly great at swordmanship and healing and nothing else.

    Urahara definitely has more power at range, and as far as I can recall she hasn't shown any speed feats. His Benihime net is a major threat to her 'cut everything then heal' battle style. His Kido is hugely powerful, and even his cuffs could do a bit of damage - not an OHKO as some other battles would be but still damaging...
    I can imagine that if he did hurt her and she tried to heal Urahara isn't gunna stand there and let her - he'll use the time to launch new attacks or set up traps.

    Don't get blinded by Unohana beating Kenpachi, she still hasn't shown all that much...

    Epic Brofist!

  11. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Unohana is strong, but the claims that she could cut any Kido or moves Urahara throws is just ridiculous. She's powerful, sure, but she doesn't have incredible reitsu to nullify moves like Aizen, and has shown to be admittedly great at swordmanship and healing and nothing else.

    Urahara definitely has more power at range, and as far as I can recall she hasn't shown any speed feats. His Benihime net is a major threat to her 'cut everything then heal' battle style. His Kido is hugely powerful, and even his cuffs could do a bit of damage - not an OHKO as some other battles would be but still damaging...
    I can imagine that if he did hurt her and she tried to heal Urahara isn't gunna stand there and let her - he'll use the time to launch new attacks or set up traps.

    Don't get blinded by Unohana beating Kenpachi, she still hasn't shown all that much...
    You go by Aizens feats for comparison? Aizen didn't bother challenge Unohana, and she was first who figured out his faked death. You use Aizen as an example of nullifying attacks? He just sits back and uses his KS to let people believe they have a chance. Theres no instance of him doing something that is out of reach for Unohana (before his hoguyoku self). Unohana mastered EVERY style. I think Urahara got lucky to make it past Shunsui, he doesn't stand a chance here. Unohana is even more seasoned of a fighter than Shunsui. She has strength beyond Zaraki x100, easily. His strike on her without eyepatch she shrugged off and healed. Who else would even survive? Even the Royal Guards know her strength. Urahara has great kido, but Unohana has great everything. I don't think theres a person who can beat her in this tournament one vs one.
    Last edited by freshseth83; August 14, 2013 at 07:21 PM.

  12. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    696
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    You go by Aizens feats for comparison? Aizen didn't bother challenge Unohana, and she was first who figured out his faked death. You use Aizen as an example of nullifying attacks? He just sits back and uses his KS to let people believe they have a chance. Theres no instance of him doing something that is out of reach for Unohana (before his hoguyoku self). Unohana mastered EVERY style. I think Urahara got lucky to make it past Shunsui, he doesn't stand a chance here. Unohana is even more seasoned of a fighter than Shunsui. She has strength beyond Zaraki x100, easily. His strike on her without eyepatch she shrugged off and healed. Who else would even survive? Even the Royal Guards know her strength. Urahara has great kido, but Unohana has great everything. I don't think theres a person who can beat her in this tournament one vs one.
    With Aizen we got to see Urahara fight, so yeah, I do.
    She is a medic, I'd be surprised if Kenpachi figured out he faked his death before Unohana.

    For the nullifying, I'm referring to Aizen's statement about reitsu, not saying she should be able to do it.

    Epic Brofist!

  13. #12
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,046
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    You go by Aizens feats for comparison? Aizen didn't bother challenge Unohana, and she was first who figured out his faked death. You use Aizen as an example of nullifying attacks? He just sits back and uses his KS to let people believe they have a chance. Theres no instance of him doing something that is out of reach for Unohana (before his hoguyoku self). Unohana mastered EVERY style. I think Urahara got lucky to make it past Shunsui, he doesn't stand a chance here. Unohana is even more seasoned of a fighter than Shunsui. She has strength beyond Zaraki x100, easily. His strike on her without eyepatch she shrugged off and healed. Who else would even survive? Even the Royal Guards know her strength. Urahara has great kido, but Unohana has great everything. I don't think theres a person who can beat her in this tournament one vs one.
    Wait...what???? Where did you find it? I only remember the el is guy blaming on her for having succeeded in healing all SS, because he used to be her master for what concerns medicine. The royal guards should be stronger than all SS,therefore they can wipe the floor with kyoraku and unohana as well,dunno for Yamamoto though...

    ---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

    And what's with that grudge against aizen? You must have skipped the part in which Gin stated that KS alone would just gather fodders around aizen,whereas the reason aizen was so heavenly and had conquered such espada, it's because he is strong. His reiatsu,even before hougyoku, was enough to repel soifon's killing technique, and to own kyoraku,hitsugaya,Shinji and soifon. Urahara's tricks cornered him and can corner unohana even more easily!

  14. #13
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    Lol, well this should be interesting

    Urahara beat many of his opponents due to abilities like reiatsu cuffs and such. I wonder if those same things will be argued here.

    I'll withhold my vote, and continue reading the discussions

  15. #14
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wonderland 8
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Urahara's tricks cornered him and can corner unohana even more easily!
    When did Urahara corner Aizen? If my memory serves me correct, Urahara's plans, although admirable, failed to do anything to Aizen, and that was with the backing of Isshin and Yoruichi. The only thing that allowed them to last so long was Aizen's brazen arrogance.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #15
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mãr Heaven
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    64
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

    Going with uruhara. While I'm sure unohana is gonna kick his ass in a direct confrontation. Uruhara's reactions and kido prowess should keep her at bay. And the whole kido within a kido combination outsmarted even an ''observing'' aizen. Uruhara's attack jutzu tsunagi packs quite a punch if unohana ever got hit by one of them I'm sure she'd be in critical condition. Not to mention that uruhara is fast enough to pull an gigai switch against aizen that actually went for a blitz.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts