Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins the tournament?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Unohana Retsu

The results are hidden 0%
  • Kisuke Urahara

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Unohana vs Urahara

All of the attacks aizen took from urahara were taken while aizen was with his guard down though. Even the kido that ultimately took down aizen was dealt when aizen was not avoiding attacks. More so, as far as kido goes I don't think they are much of an option in this fight. The kidos that could prove deadly would be the 90th level ones and urahara cannot do those without an incantation. In any scenario where unohana cares to go for the kill there is no way urahara can do a high level kido. Then there those beneath the 90th level but I don't think unohana would let herself get caught easily. To be honest I don't think urahara could even hold his ground in a swordfight against unohana, the result would be basically the same as the first hundred times unohana killed kenpachi (easy, quick and painless). And then of course there is the fact that unohana does have her bankai available and urahara does not. We do not know what it does but it presumably enhances unohana's combat in some form otherwise it makes no sense for her to have used it at all against kenpachi. So even with high level kido urahara has to deal with an actual bankai.... Urahara is dangerous because he is smart, not because he is strong. He is strong but I don't think he has shown more strength than your average captain. On the other hand unohana exceeded the guy who took out quinta without any effort whatsoever.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Unohana is the kind of opponent Urahara (or for that matter current CC Shunsui) can defeat without bankai. She is possibly the best swordsperson SS has ever seen, skillful enough to defeat another captain in quick succession, a captain whose forte is also swordplay. She is the most vicious criminal in SS history, a member of the original Gotei 13 which was said to be the strongest. IMHO Unohana can end the fight pretty quickly if it comes to a swordfight, something Urahara will most likely try to avoid. Considering that Unohana can heal herself during fighting, it will be pretty hard for Urahara to finish her only using his shikai assuming that he can catch her. Kido without incantation would be impractical in such a fight and I'm not sure lesser kido would pack enough power against such a powerful opponent. On top of those Unohana can also use her bankai which tips the balance even further in her favor. If Urahara could use his bankai which was hinted to be quite powerful, things might have been different but under these circumstances I see Unohana closer to victory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kirinji knew of Unohana's power, thats why he said now is not the time to be healing (or a healer). Anyone who is old enough to know 200 years ago should know Unohana is not to be crossed. Shunsui and Juushiro are examples of this. Even Ichigo got that scared look from her.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana can constantly heal herself so the best way to defeat her is to one shot her and in Urahara's arsenal i don't see anything which can one shot her...
    So the battle will be dragged and in lengthy battles person with superior stamina always have a great advantage, between Uhohana and Urahara i guess Unohana is the one with more stamina plus her mastery over kido is above decent,
    SO IMO this goes to Unohana

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Kirinji knew of Unohana's power, thats why he said now is not the time to be healing (or a healer).
    The only thing that it proves is Kirinji knew of her past, but hardly is it a testament of Unohana's strength. She is a member of original Gotei 13, of course he knows her.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    When did Urahara corner Aizen? If my memory serves me correct, Urahara's plans, although admirable, failed to do anything to Aizen, and that was with the backing of Isshin and Yoruichi. The only thing that allowed them to last so long was Aizen's brazen arrogance.
    actually,when aizen was sealed thanks to urahara's previous kido, the latter appeared,as if he had been knowing it from the very beginning. kisuke is just too smart,unohana's healing is ridiculous against such an opponent,who can block reiatsu and hence forbid the opponent to heal.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    actually,when aizen was sealed thanks to urahara's previous kido, the latter appeared,as if he had been knowing it from the very beginning. kisuke is just too smart,unohana's healing is ridiculous against such an opponent,who can block reiatsu and hence forbid the opponent to heal.
    Yes, Aizen eventually fell because of Urahara's kido. And it was impressive for Urahara to take those steps, it shows that he is extremely intelligent. However, the reason the seal worked was because Aizen had been considerably weakened in his battle against Ichigo, and the Hougyoku decided to cease recognising Aizen as its master. The kido only hit Aizen because of his stupidity in thinking he was invincible. I'm not discrediting Urahara's intellect. However, Urahara didn't corner Aizen, he tricked him and planned out a scenario. Urahara's intellect alone wasn't nearly enough to bring down Aizen; he needed Aizen's arrogance and Ichigo's newfound power, without both Urahara would've failed. Intelligence is great, but if you lack the tools necessary to complete an objective, your intelligence is pretty meaningless.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    The only thing that it proves is Kirinji knew of her past, but hardly is it a testament of Unohana's strength. She is a member of original Gotei 13, of course he knows her.
    Which goes in hand with my original comment. It is a testament to her strength as it was a foreshadow of her real past and title of Kenpachi. You may not get the connection, but its there in the manga if you look back at it with the information we now have.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Which goes in hand with my original comment. It is a testament to her strength as it was a foreshadow of her real past and title of Kenpachi. You may not get the connection, but its there in the manga if you look back at it with the information we now have.
    Unohana having other personality was foreshadowed long, long time ago. Add Zaraki's only person he cared about to that and you got the reason why people speculated on that topic long time ago. Zaraki wouldn't just let go, so everyone was looking for a person that was already introduced or died that could be his precious one. And Unohana's name came up countless times. Some were saying he already had his revenge, some said it was Yoruichi (ridicoulous btw), some it was Unohana. It wasn't that much of a surprise. I don't know why you're going on about looking back in manga, as I never said it wasn't foreshadowed, nor is it connected to my post or your original statement. But you're always writing whatever is on your mind, even if it's not connected...

Kirinji taught her healing techniques, so it's only logical, that he knew about her true nature. Is it testament of her strength? NO. Is it proof, that she isn't wholehearted healer and has dark past? Yes, it is.
    Last edited by Duniak; August 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Yes, Aizen eventually fell because of Urahara's kido. And it was impressive for Urahara to take those steps, it shows that he is extremely intelligent. However, the reason the seal worked was because Aizen had been considerably weakened in his battle against Ichigo, and the Hougyoku decided to cease recognising Aizen as its master. The kido only hit Aizen because of his stupidity in thinking he was invincible. I'm not discrediting Urahara's intellect. However, Urahara didn't corner Aizen, he tricked him and planned out a scenario. Urahara's intellect alone wasn't nearly enough to bring down Aizen; he needed Aizen's arrogance and Ichigo's newfound power, without both Urahara would've failed. Intelligence is great, but if you lack the tools necessary to complete an objective, your intelligence is pretty meaningless.
    agreed, but it didn't go as you said: aizen was hit despite wielding the hougyoku which protected him from everything. the reason was that aizen himself didn't want to be strengthened by the hougyoku anymore. he was sad of his own condition. therefore it was the hougyoku the only hindrace for kisuke's trick, which would be 100% effective against yamamoto and unohana.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Result

Unohana Retsu : 12
    Kisuke Urahara : 10

Unohana Retsu wins the championship bracket. Final results are here.

You can discuss the results and the tournament in general in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2