Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which team wins the tournament?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Team 5 (Byakuya Kuchiki, Hachigen Ushōda, Rangiku Matsumoto)

The results are hidden 0%
  • Team 10 (Gin Ichimaru, Lisa Yadōmaru, Yumichika Ayasegawa)

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. This is a team fight, characters in the same team help each other against the other team.

THE FINAL

Welcome to the Final of team fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to win the team bracket:

TEAM 5
    TEAM 10

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

Team 10 for the win. Gin's Bankai is as monstrous as ever, and he is backed by two extremely competent fighters capable of taking on their respective counterparts. Byakuya and Hachigen make for a competent and powerful combo, but I don't see them overcoming Team 10's abilities in long-range, Gin, and close-combat, Lisa, engagement, and Yumichika's shikai is just a bonus.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yumichika's shikai is one of the most hax, second only to KS and Sakanade. It binds you and sucks away your reiatsu. Hisagi didn't stand a chance against it, why would Matsumoto? I don't think Yumichika will do much in battle between Lisa and Gin vs Hachigen and Byakuya. Lisa is very, very fast, surely one of strongest VC levels out there. Mask gives her a considerable boost, just like it gives Hachi. But are Hachi's abilities so strong, that fast opponents like Lisa and Gin wouldn't keep up? And is Hachigen fast enough to dodge Gin's Shinsou and Kamishini no Yari? I don't think so, Gin is just too damn strong and his zanpakuto is too damn fast. Team 10 for the win.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

gin was scared by byakuya, but actually he was lying...byakuya is fast too,but he was pierced by the sword and fell down. gin really remembers me of Itachi Uchiha,both seem heavenly.rangiku should defeat yumichika,but between hachigen and lisa I wouldn't know,maybe kido is better than the other abilities.it really is a hard fight: byakuya's speed VS gin's sword's speed. I think he let byakuya save rukia back then,therefore I vote for gin...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin can OHKO either Hachi or Byakuya. Yumichika can easily beat Matsumoto, and if given an opening can probably KO Hachi. Hachi is strong, and so is Byakuya, however they both rely on strong fast attacks - they don't have endurance to tank a big blow, let alone Gin's Bankai. Plus, their defence speed is good but not great. Lisa is possibly the strongest VC, and can do some serious damage.

Team Gin wins...

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya caught Gins sword before it hit Rukia, so its speed is not unfathomable. Gin is not as good as Byakuya overall imo. And senbonzakura can act as a defense to his sword. Byakuya doesn't even have to move a hand for his petals to form a barrier or a weapon. Not to mention he has millions of them. Then Hachi's barriers are amazing on top of it, combined with Byakuyas kido abilities. Matsumoto is hardly needed but to serve as another head to take on Lisa or Yumichika. i think Byakuya and co. take the win. The other team has shown little to no kido in comparison.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Byakuya caught Gins sword before it hit Rukia, so its speed is not unfathomable. Gin is not as good as Byakuya overall imo. And senbonzakura can act as a defense to his sword. Byakuya doesn't even have to move a hand for his petals to form a barrier or a weapon. Not to mention he has millions of them. Then Hachi's barriers are amazing on top of it, combined with Byakuyas kido abilities. Matsumoto is hardly needed but to serve as another head to take on Lisa or Yumichika. i think Byakuya and co. take the win. The other team has shown little to no kido in comparison.
    Sure, he did catch it, but it was just the Shikai. Gin's Bankai has indeed unfathomable speed and based on that speed, it has immense power behind a move forward, meaning it's really difficult to set up a barrier.
    That said, Hachi and Yumichika are probably the key fighters, since I don't see Gin vs Byakuya fight coming to a close that fast. Yumichika has the advantage of having a rather unknown power, so, his team slightly has the edge there for me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hachi set up barriers with Respira coming his direction, Gins bankai should be no huge issue. He bragged about its speed and distance but then went and said he lied about it. Ichigo had little trouble dodging and reacting to it either. And we know Ichigo at that time wasn't the most 'stable' in mindset. Byakuya is imo faster than Gin and his sword. And Ichigo was able to block his bankai with his own, something Byakuya should be able to replicate. And I dont see how he couldn't react with a kido barrier like danku, which he used to block Amore vs. Zommari. The only person Gin could eliminate without much trouble is Matsumoto, and that may even be trouble. No shinigami is that slow to not be able to react.
    Last edited by freshseth83; August 15, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

And Ichigo was able to block his bankai with his own, something Byakuya should be able to replicate. And I dont see how he couldn't react with a kido barrier like danku, which he used to block Amore vs. Zommari. The only person Gin could eliminate without much trouble is Matsumoto, and that may even be trouble. No shinigami is that slow to not be able to react.
    This isn't the first time I've seen this, but Danku is specifically a barrier that specifically blocks kido spells up to a certain level, it wouldn't stop Gin's bankai. As for dodging the attack, I think you might be underestimating Gin's bankai. If forewarned of Gin's ability, then dodging might be a bit more likely, but in the middle of a battle with the likes of Lisa running around causing havoc, and without warning of Gin's attack, I don't see Hachi or Matsumoto standing any chance of doing anything. Byakuya might be capable of pulling off an escape, depending on the distance between the two, but even so he isn't going to be able to do much beyond dodging. And if Yumichika or Lisa catch his attention or slow his movements for a moment, the battle is over.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With no knowledge, and the characters fighting to win by any means, that puts anyone in the opposing team in the path of death from Gin's initial bankai strike. Ichigo himself admits that if Gin pointed the tip at him, he's done for
    http://www.mangapanda.com/94-50586-1...apter-400.html

However, Gin was very roundabout with it, showing it off even before attacking Ichigo, giving Ichigo a chance to prepare himself. Not to mention that Gin never truly tried to kill Ichigo

If he starts off with a straightforward attack on any of his opponents, I honestly don't see whoever he targets first doing anything about it, even if it's Byakuya. Depending on how Utsusemi works, it may be able to save him, but I have my doubts there

If Gin starts off targeting someone like Hachigen, while he'd very likely kill him it'll give Byakuya knowledge on the ability and he'd be more prepared for it. Though I really don't see why Gin would open targeting anyone but Byakuya

I'm going with Team 10

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    With no knowledge, and the characters fighting to win by any means, that puts anyone in the opposing team in the path of death from Gin's initial bankai strike. Ichigo himself admits that if Gin pointed the tip at him, he's done for

However, Gin was very roundabout with it, showing it off even before attacking Ichigo, giving Ichigo a chance to prepare himself. Not to mention that Gin never truly tried to kill Ichigo

If he starts off with a straightforward attack on any of his opponents, I honestly don't see whoever he targets first doing anything about it, even if it's Byakuya. Depending on how Utsusemi works, it may be able to save him, but I have my doubts there

If Gin starts off targeting someone like Hachigen, while he'd very likely kill him it'll give Byakuya knowledge on the ability and he'd be more prepared for it. Though I really don't see why Gin would open targeting anyone but Byakuya

I'm going with Team 10
    Summed my thought up pretty nicely Buzz.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team 5 wins! Gin won't do anything against Rangiku, or allow anyone else to kill her.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Pervy Sage's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

I'm going with Team 10
    The lack of knowledge works both ways though. If Gin simply goes for the instant 1-hit KO he won't know who's the strongest, and as such there's as a high chance that he would kill Matsumoto as the other two. I'd probably still give it to team 10 though, since I don't think Hachigen's kido is fast enough to block Gin's bankai; he's not just gonna stand around like Barragan, waiting for Hachigen to trap him, and the same applies to Lisa.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    This isn't the first time I've seen this, but Danku is specifically a barrier that specifically blocks kido spells up to a certain level, it wouldn't stop Gin's bankai. As for dodging the attack, I think you might be underestimating Gin's bankai. If forewarned of Gin's ability, then dodging might be a bit more likely, but in the middle of a battle with the likes of Lisa running around causing havoc, and without warning of Gin's attack, I don't see Hachi or Matsumoto standing any chance of doing anything. Byakuya might be capable of pulling off an escape, depending on the distance between the two, but even so he isn't going to be able to do much beyond dodging. And if Yumichika or Lisa catch his attention or slow his movements for a moment, the battle is over.
    Theres nothing in the manga that says danku spells are only able to block other kido. It says it can block kido spells up to a certain level, not only. Also, Aizen used a form of kido barrier to protect his back against Ichigos GT when he first came to fake K-town.
    Last edited by freshseth83; August 15, 2013 at 10:31 PM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres nothing in the manga that says danku spells are only able to block other kido. It says it can block kido spells up to a certain level, not only. Also, Aizen used a form of kido barrier to protect his back against Ichigos GT when he first came to fake K-town.
    Actually, Danku is from definition a Kido barrier, that can block anything up to 89 lvl. While it did block Amor it was because Danku itself is some kind of surface and Amor binded anything it came in contact with. This means it's not transparent for reiatsu based attacks or anything else. But it's durability against anything other than Kido is most likely low, it would be too hax and used more frequently.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast