Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which team wins the tournament?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Team 5 (Byakuya Kuchiki, Hachigen Ushōda, Rangiku Matsumoto)

    The results are hidden 0%
  • Team 10 (Gin Ichimaru, Lisa Yadōmaru, Yumichika Ayasegawa)

    The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

  1. #16
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Posts
    1,117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Actually, Danku is from definition a Kido barrier, that can block anything up to 89 lvl. While it did block Amor it was because Danku itself is some kind of surface and Amor binded anything it came in contact with. This means it's not transparent for reiatsu based attacks or anything else. But it's durability against anything other than Kido is most likely low, it would be too hax and used more frequently.
    As far as it sounds - from this translation anyway - danku only worked on Amor as it was "akin to Kidou". Had it been a physical attack/something dissimilar then I doubt it would have had an effect.

    A raw would help to clear this up
    Infinite RAGE!

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    I guess it goes to team 10
    Gin and Byakuya wil be a classy showdown, Gin's speed and his shikai can be lethal for byakuya, Yumichika's Shikai can drain Matsumoto and Lisa vs Hachigan well that will be tricky, if Lisa can distract Hachigan for some time (not getting caught in his binding Kidos) then both of her team members can finish their opponents and once it is 3 on 1 then i guess it will be all over for team 5

  4. #18
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    As far as it sounds - from this translation anyway - danku only worked on Amor as it was "akin to Kidou". Had it been a physical attack/something dissimilar then I doubt it would have had an effect.

    A raw would help to clear this up
    I'm not sure about this, but I guess Byakuya said that because he wasn't really sure whether Amor had a trajectory as an attack or not. To that moment, he only saw the marks appearing around, and it wasn't as if they were being shot, but rather as if they were instantly appearing. Byakuya figured out there would need to be some sort of propagation, and used Danku to stop it.
    As far as stopping physical attacks go, I doubt you would use it to block someone's sword, but technically, it should be able to stop anything. Hadou attacks have physical impact upon contact, too, so, I don't think there would be a magical explanation to why it'd block them only. Maybe possible if we say it's a barrier to stop a reiatsu blast, I think.
    Even if we were to conclude that way, a Zanpakuto has reiatsu going through it (as Captain-Commander used it as the way to catch Aizen in their fight), so, Gin's Bankai would also theoretically be possible to be blocked by Danku, though I doubt such force behind the blade can be contained.

  5. #19
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark blood View Post
    I guess it goes to team 10
    Gin and Byakuya wil be a classy showdown, Gin's speed and his shikai can be lethal for byakuya, Yumichika's Shikai can drain Matsumoto and Lisa vs Hachigan well that will be tricky, if Lisa can distract Hachigan for some time (not getting caught in his binding Kidos) then both of her team members can finish their opponents and once it is 3 on 1 then i guess it will be all over for team 5
    But what exactly is Kido? It's shooting reiatsu. I don't know how Kido is different from, let's say, Getsuga Tenshou. It's just shooting raw reiatsu from the tip of sword. And Kido is shooting reiatsu from your hand. Physical attacks would probably shatter Danku without much effort. But if reiatsu is everywhere, what will it block? Just the shell? What would happen if for example, Karin run through it? She has reiatsu, is a medium. Her body would run through, but her soul would be stopped by Danku? Damn that spell!

  6. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    But what exactly is Kido? It's shooting reiatsu. I don't know how Kido is different from, let's say, Getsuga Tenshou. It's just shooting raw reiatsu from the tip of sword. And Kido is shooting reiatsu from your hand. Physical attacks would probably shatter Danku without much effort. But if reiatsu is everywhere, what will it block? Just the shell? What would happen if for example, Karin run through it? She has reiatsu, is a medium. Her body would run through, but her soul would be stopped by Danku? Damn that spell!
    I feel everybody is seriously overestimating Danku here - if it was powerful enough to be a factor in stopping Gin, Byakuya would have used it for more than just stopping Amore. Heck, it would be able to completely nullify a Quincies Reistu arrows and fear spikes. Byakuya potentially could solo the entire Vandenreich if Danku blocks all reitsu. It seems to me to be used vs weak or low-level Kido - anything with a bit of offence can smash through it. There's no way it can block Tessai or Hachi going all out, for instance, and I highly doubt it'll even be an inconvenience to Gin. Kido isn't used much in fights, even by people like Byakuya and Rukia who use it more than most. And there's a reason, it's impractical and unless you're using very high levels (which you need to chant an incantation for) it's not gunna do as much damage as SZ or GT. Byakuya has Kido, yes, but he ain't Tessai. It's not a gamechanger.

    Epic Brofist!

  7. #21
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    And since Danku was never shown up to be a "set up and let it stay there for ages" barrier, I doubt Byakuya would try to use it instead of focusing on dodging/maneuvering his blades to form a defence. The time window is just that small.

  8. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    How the heck does Danku only work against weak or low level spells when it blocks Hado up to 89? Pretty sure Hado 88 constitues a high level kido, and its certainly not weak

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #23
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    I feel everybody is seriously overestimating Danku here - if it was powerful enough to be a factor in stopping Gin, Byakuya would have used it for more than just stopping Amore. Heck, it would be able to completely nullify a Quincies Reistu arrows and fear spikes. Byakuya potentially could solo the entire Vandenreich if Danku blocks all reitsu. It seems to me to be used vs weak or low-level Kido - anything with a bit of offence can smash through it.
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...7-page-12.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...7-page-13.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...7-page-14.html

    It's certainly IS a high level Kido. Shot by the strongest Kido user in whole SS against Aizen. His profficiency in Kido shouldn't be anywhere near Tessai, as he reached mastery in Kido as well. Everyone has their limit, so we can assume Aizen could be still inferior in terms of Kido. He surely wasn't stronger than Tessai in his own game. Also, it is level 88 against level 81, so I don't think Danku will crumble when opposed to something slightly stronger. It can EASILY block anything stronger.

  11. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...7-page-12.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...7-page-13.html
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...7-page-14.html

    It's certainly IS a high level Kido. Shot by the strongest Kido user in whole SS against Aizen. His profficiency in Kido shouldn't be anywhere near Tessai, as he reached mastery in Kido as well. Everyone has their limit, so we can assume Aizen could be still inferior in terms of Kido. He surely wasn't stronger than Tessai in his own game. Also, it is level 88 against level 81, so I don't think Danku will crumble when opposed to something slightly stronger. It can EASILY block anything stronger.
    Aizen is an exception to any bleach rule - I've already had people complain that I used him as an example since he is just so completely unparalleled. Were it Gin or Tousen blocking it, I'd completely change my tune. But Aizen doing it just shows that Aizen is awesome, and not the Danku...

    Epic Brofist!

  12. #25
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Aizen is an exception to any bleach rule - I've already had people complain that I used him as an example since he is just so completely unparalleled. Were it Gin or Tousen blocking it, I'd completely change my tune. But Aizen doing it just shows that Aizen is awesome, and not the Danku...
    And Byakuya's statement is worth shit as well?

  13. #26
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Aizen is an exception to any bleach rule - I've already had people complain that I used him as an example since he is just so completely unparalleled. Were it Gin or Tousen blocking it, I'd completely change my tune. But Aizen doing it just shows that Aizen is awesome, and not the Danku...
    We already know the spell's strength relies on the user. Difference between Aizen's Kurohitsugi in SS and then in his Hogyoku-form is a proof (although he skipped the incantation in the former, as well). So, I take Aizen's example as a proof that Danku is a strong spell.
    That said, I still don't see it as a viable way to stop something as instant as Gin's Bankai.

  14. #27
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,087
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    cnet translation

    Quote Quote:
    Byakuya: Bakudou no Hachijuuichi. // "Dankuu".
    [TN: Binding Art No. 81: Rejection Void]

    Byakuya: ...A barrier that protects completely from any Hadou below 90. // From the way I was able to obstruct Rukia's movement with Rikujou Kourou, / I was able to determine that your abilities are very similar to kidou.

    Byakuya: It would appear... // ...that I was not mistaken.
    I think, according to this translation, it's very unlikely that Danku can block Gin's bankai. A case can be made that it can block reiatsu-based attacks like cero but I doubt that it would be of any use against a physical attack. Byakuya can use his own bankai to protect himself though and Hachigen can make barriers but IMHO Hachigen's barriers wouldn't hold Gin's attacks for long, so Byakuya definitely needs to keep Gin busy while Hachigen traps Lisa and Yumichika in his barriers. I see scenarios where Byakuya's team is winning but it's easier said than done.

  15. #28
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    cnet translation



    I think, according to this translation, it's very unlikely that Danku can block Gin's bankai. A case can be made that it can block reiatsu-based attacks like cero but I doubt that it would be of any use against a physical attack. Byakuya can use his own bankai to protect himself though and Hachigen can make barriers but IMHO Hachigen's barriers wouldn't hold Gin's attacks for long, so Byakuya definitely needs to keep Gin busy while Hachigen traps Lisa and Yumichika in his barriers. I see scenarios where Byakuya's team is winning but it's easier said than done.
    Blocking is one thing. The question is, can they react? If Gin engages in close-combat and uses point-blank Shinsou, can they react? Even Ichigo couldn't react and commented on it. And Byakuya never was and will never be faster than Bankai Ichigo.

  16. #29
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,087
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    Is it a good idea to engage in close combat against Senbonzakura Kageyoshi though? Gin kept his distance against Ichigo since his range is much longer than Ichigo's but Byakuya can use SK to block KnY's attacks and counterattack if necessary, and if Gin loses his concentration, it may prove fatal. I don't think Byakuya can do a better job than Ichigo regarding dodging Gin's attacks but his bankai is better suited to fight Gin on both ends.

  17. #30
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Bleach Tournament Final: Team 5 vs Team 10

    Ichigo didn't really have problems with close-combat. Also Gin's sword has crazy reach and speed, that far surpasses what Ichigo could possibly do. Even if Ichigo is overally faster, Gin's sword gives huge advantage. Also I don't think Gin is slow himself. If his attack was enough to surprise and kill Aizen, Byakuya would be caught off guard too. The closer the blades are, the harder their control becomes. It makes sense, as controlling 1 milion blades 90 cm from you has to be difficult. And engaging in close combat makes it just harder for Byakuya. The moment he shows even a slight opening, Gin can shoot his blade through it. His blade is basically a pistol. And it's a pistol with ridicoulous range, no recoil, one-shot kill. It can be used as a wakizashi, as a normal katana, as a whip, and as a 1 km sword. By mixing all those possibilities he gets a huge advantage.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts