Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: The end of Raruto - Retranslation and release dates

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

The end of Raruto - Retranslation and release dates

As you know, we'll soon be entering the home stretch for Raruto –the very last two chapters of this parody that started in 2005. Sisepuede chapter 28 (or chapter 64 of Raruto altogether), which will be the finale, is to be released in Spanish in October and (hopefully) in English in November, and according to this tweet it's about 45 pages long right now and still rising.

But there is something I wanted to do before releasing those two last chapters. Looking back on my releases of Raruto Sisepuede, I've noticed that my translations at first weren't nearly as good as now –not so much in actual mistranslations as in nuances, puns or odd wording–, and the typesetting could be revamped as well. So I'm releasing a version 2 of all of my translations (SSP 10 to 26) which will be improved overall.

The translation and typesetting changes are no big deal –there's nothing that will completely change your perception of the work (as if!)–, but I think they're a good improvement. Said that, the V2 is probably not for you if you're a casual reader that just reads and deletes the chapters –or reads them online. But since I'm also uploading them to Batoto, if you want to reread Raruto before the final chapters, you might as well read this version.

Release dates!

• Translation V2: Thursday, September 12

• Sisepuede chapter 27 (Raruto 63): Thursday, October 10

• Sisepuede chapter 28 (Raruto 64): Sunday, November 10

I don't know if I can make it on time for chapter 28, so take this with a grain of salt. In any case, I'll let you know if there's any delay.
    Last edited by unok-kun; August 15, 2013 at 09:15 AM.
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member unok-kun's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The end of Raruto - Retranslation and release dates

Sorry about the continuously changing schedule, I've had a bit of a hectic month. But more importantly, I've talked to Jesulink and we've agreed that it's best if the final chapters aren't released for a few months after the Spanish release. This is mostly a matter of timing, but it will also allow me to take it easy and get the rereleases and the final chapters done in a better quality than I could manage otherwise.

That said, I'll try to get the rereleases done over the course of October and November, and you can expect chapter 27 as a Christmas release, and the mighty 70-pages-long chapter 28 for January 15th.

I know you're itching to read the final chapters, so sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by unok-kun; October 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Currently translating Raruto, a Spanish parody of Naruto (getting ready for the last two chapters, to be released in English in October and November). Check it out here!

Also working on another project that you might get to see in January...

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity rykarreolacr's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for keeping Raruto in English alive unok-kun!

It is truly something else to have seen it last this long and come to an end.
    Kitty Got Wet

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner mirajaneleena's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

what is raruto???can anyone say me please??

New Reply