Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bartholomew and Bartolomeo

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bartholomew and Bartolomeo

I am just going to make a wild guess and say the cannibal is a revolutionary just like the tyrant. Im pretty sure some of the people who frequent this site have thought of this too. Luffy wouldn't take not of this guy without oda using that as some kind of foreshadowing. Plus they are both probably named after people from history but their name and pronunciation is similar. I know this really enough to justify the connection but I hope this prediction is true because we seriously need to meet and know more about the revolutionaries and I think bartolomeo being one can really give some good plot developments (maybe not during the main part of this arc but towards the end hes somehow revealed to be a revolutionary).
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

If my grammar and overall writing sucks, my bad, im too lazy to do everything right on my fone.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bartholomew and Bartolomeo

that would be sick if bartolomeo was actually a revolutionary

but i dont see how you made that connection....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that you mention it, Bartolomeo the Canibal could be Bartholomew Kuma's son. There's no real apparent connection except maybe like Monkey D. Luffy is Monkey D. Dragon's son. But I see the names are spelled slightly differently in translations so I dunno if it's intended to be different or not.

But if he was Kuma's son, it'd explain why he would hate Luffy even though they have never met. A lot of stuff that hasn't even been revealed yet about Kuma affects Luffy's and Dragon's past and has been hinted at a lot (Ivankov's conversation with Dragon, Kuma's desire to protect the Thousand Sunny over the time skip, etc.) If this turns out to be true, then it would be a way to reintroduce Kuma's past into the story.

It was mentioned that Kuma the Tyrant was a fearsome pirate back in the day; but even in Luffy's flashback, he was shown as a Revolutionary. So it's not clear if he was a pirate before he was a revolutionary or after.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    It was mentioned that Kuma the Tyrant was a fearsome pirate back in the day; but even in Luffy's flashback, he was shown as a Revolutionary. So it's not clear if he was a pirate before he was a revolutionary or after.
    I think he was a revolutionary from the start, then pretended to be a pirate in order to get noticed by WG so he can infiltrate it as one of Shichibukai.

It's not the first time some similar names appeared in OP. Connecting them via a name alone is nothing more than a shot in the dark. Could be a double-con by Oda, though.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nope I highly doubt it. But I have a crazy feeling that barto is related to the bandits that raised luffy and ace.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darth volcaniz's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

so now we know more about bartolomeo's background. . . who else thought that was epic the way he described the events at logue town?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was a nice refresher of his past, moments like that would have a powerful effect on anyone watching that! Of course the main characters of that chapter didn't think much of it because they were idiots. But for people watching like Barto, that would be like a seeing a sign from the heavens stopping Buggy from killing Luffy... Plus Luffy surviving a blast of lightning too. That whole scene was insane.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regino's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BetaRuler View Post
    I think it was a nice refresher of his past, moments like that would have a powerful effect on anyone watching that! Of course the main characters of that chapter didn't think much of it because they were idiots. But for people watching like Barto, that would be like a seeing a sign from the heavens stopping Buggy from killing Luffy... Plus Luffy surviving a blast of lightning too. That whole scene was insane.
    Correct me if Iam wrong, but I think even Smoker was stunned by the way how Luffy survived that day in Logue Town and I think Smoker is a "little" bit more intelligent than Barto
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of all the revolutionary talk. When the hell is Luffys dad comming in play.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bart is a famous pirate name, so I think it was used again in another language to be piratey, but not sound affiliated to Kuma.
    If two characters are named John and Johan you would not think them familial.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised if more revolutionaries start popping up; its about time story progressed in that direction a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    But if he was Kuma's son, it'd explain why he would hate Luffy even though they have never met.
    What makes you say he hates him? As far as the manga has shown his like Luffy's number one fan. He even sliced that guys tongue of for mocking Luffy for not being able to save his brother Ace. Besides Kuma never hated Luffy either if anything he tried to protect him and his crew just because of his loyalty to Monkey D Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaRuler View Post
    I agree it was insane but bare in mind Luffy would not die from lightening as he is a rubber-man just like when he gets hit and shot at (no affect).
    Last edited by kashmiri786; September 30, 2013 at 04:53 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kashmiri786 View Post
    What makes you say he hates him? As far as the manga has shown his like Luffy's number one fan. He even sliced that guys tongue of for mocking Luffy for not being able to save his brother Ace. Besides Kuma never hated Luffy either if anything he tried to protect him and his crew just because of his loyalty to Monkey D Dragon.
    Check the date, it was before anybody knew Trolomeo was Luffy's #1 fan.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kashmiri786 View Post
    The key word there was "would" since back then it wasn't very clear whether he was strongly for or against Luffy . I guess since Bart's background as a former mafia guy who started to admire Luffy after that incident is revealed now, there isn't much more to say about all the speculation that used to go on back then.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Bartolomeo dyed his hair green because his a fan boy of Zoro.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be too surprised if he copies other features of the strawhats. Would be awesome

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast