Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: What should Minato have done differently?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What should Minato have done differently?

I am considering what he should have done better. Clearly he is getting a lot of flack and by using the hindsight no jutsu it is easy to judge. If we don't, what should he have done differently?

My possible suggestion, if possible: Make Kakashi the jinchuriki rather than Naruto.
    Meh

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What should Minato have done differently?

Nothing. Remove anything from what he did and you could have horible repercussions in the future. What he did will eventualy lead to a world at peace.

Kakashi as a jin? Kakashi can't handle the Kyuubi's chakra and nobody but Naruto could earn its trust... This would be a very bad idea.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just thinking about Kakashi being the jinchuriki based on Minato trusting him, Kakashi being a diciplined shinobi and since Minato wanted the one who held the kyuubi to be a hero and Kakashi with his shameful past (his father) needed that. Also it would put less risk on his son.
    Meh

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Sanadan

Its something as simple as Kakashi not able to be the Kyuubi's jin. Naruto has a special body (Uzumki/Senju DNA) and that is why he can handle Kurama... Kakashi would be dead by now... Yamato was going Oo at Naruto's ability TO MOVE (forget the rest) when he had 4 tails mode on... You can imagine how bad it would be for Kakashi...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @Sanadan

Its something as simple as Kakashi not able to be the Kyuubi's jin. Naruto has a special body (Uzumki/Senju DNA) and that is why he can handle Kurama... Kakashi would be dead by now... Yamato was going Oo at Naruto's ability TO MOVE (forget the rest) when he had 4 tails mode on... You can imagine how bad it would be for Kakashi...
    True, you do have a solid point there.
    So planting the kyuubi inside Naruto can't be changed, what else could he have done differently? I hear a lot of complaints about how he sucked at decision making in the story but I really don't see any alternatives. He did the best he could with a bad hand delt to him.
    Meh

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the only relevant complain i can find is that he allowed his setiment to guide his hand but considering the outcome as it is a manga this is not going to be a problem me thinks. Naruto is going to fix everything and bring peace.

Now what i mean by sentiment is kill himself and place his hope in his BABY child to fix it all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Konohamaru should have gotten it. Case and point.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato should have sealed the whole Kyuubi in Naruto and stayed alive. His being alive could have prevented a lot of problem, especially since his reputation was that of someone who was able to singlehandedly win the war for Konoha, I think. Maybe Kumo wouldn't have attempted to kidnap Hinata, the Uchiha would either not have risked a coup d'etat or Minato wouldn't have let Danzou get what he wanted, Orochimaru would have either not dared to attack Konoha or wouldn't have caused so much damage, and Pain wouldn't have been able to cause the damage he did, or at least before the super shinra tensei.

Naruto would also be a much better ninja, as he's an idiot mainly for attention and lacked focus due to habit.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    I am considering what he should have done better. Clearly he is getting a lot of flack and by using the hindsight no jutsu it is easy to judge. If we don't, what should he have done differently?

My possible suggestion, if possible: Make Kakashi the jinchuriki rather than Naruto.
    Just like you said, minato did used his hindsight no jutsu. And from that start, he already knew that naruto would be the true savior and destined child.

And it's kinda nonsense to sacrificed your life for your student.

And the fact that minato did sacrificed his life for jiraiya's prophecy. And with that, his handisght no jutsu told him that his son is the best choice. Well, in fact, it's the best choice. Being the son of uzumaki kushina, naruto gained the amazing life force that fit to be a vessel/container of the strongest bijuu.

And I think kakashi will die instantly.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    Konohamaru should have gotten it. Case and point.
    But I think konohamaru is still a sperm in his father's balls at that time.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What should he have done? Let Kushina take the Kyuubi off the board, tell Sarutobi what was going on, and then go straight after Obito and eliminate him. His own plan involving Naruto and the Kyuubi clearly didn't work out, and he preformed a whole lot better against Obito then Naruto did. Considering what we saw with Obito's flashback, it doesn't seem as if he had another eye, meaning he presumally wouldn't have had Izanagi to save himself.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

should of had a v8, should of found obitos body to bury him

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Make Kakashi Jin? I dont even understand what that bonus of that would've been. Aside from that its not like minato was thinking after the fight oh shit hell bring terror to the future, the only one who could beat him is whoever i put th ekyuubi in next! no it was because naruto was his son, the son of the genius shinobi Minato Namikase the 4th Hokage, and the son of Kushina an uzumaki with special chakra and extra stamina/life force. Both these in one child who minato believed had he potential to control its power. Kakashi woulda died a month in and theyd have to decide a new jin.

Aside from that the only jins who've been able to handle the kyuubi are uzumaki ninjas with strong life force/stamina. Honestly dont think normal shinobis could handle the kyuubi like they do the other jinchuurikis because as we all have probably figured out by now, kyuubi certainly is the strongest, even as half of himself.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

So why did Minato need to seal half of the Kyuubi in himself and die, then? Why not seal the full thing in Naruto and stay alive to watch over him? With his seal easily holding the Kyuubi at half power back, it should have been able to keep full-powered Kyuubi at bay.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    True, you do have a solid point there.
    So planting the kyuubi inside Naruto can't be changed, what else could he have done differently? I hear a lot of complaints about how he sucked at decision making in the story but I really don't see any alternatives. He did the best he could with a bad hand delt to him.
    Also theres no actual complaints in the story that his decision making sucked. Obito thinks hes worthless and can't do anything, but this is related to obito's almost death and rins death where the yellow flash was nowhere to be found, not related to his decisions before death.

Heres what he could've done different, Not sealed half the kyuubi in himself, Sealed it all in naruto since hes gonna end up with all of it anyway, sealed the rest of kushinas chakra in naruto same deal there. Then minato could've raised naruto and he probably would've ended up stronger im sure in some other ways. along with the standard ways.

Only decision he made that could've been changed was his choice of dying with half the kyuubi

New Reply