Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: These two titans look a lot like... [Manga spoilers]

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: These two titans look a lot like... [Manga spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by epictoads View Post
    I've been thinking this as well. I've also noticed that these 2 Titans (which the story randomly has focused on) in http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no.../c018.5/7.html and http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no...1/c004/39.html have human look-alikes earlier on. Look at the 2 guys in the middle panel here next to Eren and Mikasa http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no...04/c015/2.html
    It could just be Isayama's drawing technique, but those people/Titans have more face detail than normal and have the frames randomly show them clearly. And the Titans that look like Gunter and Auruo appeared more than once which is what got my attention (so Isayama must have had some thought when doing them), they were also with the Ape-Titan. And the Titan with the huge head seems to bare a bit of resemblance to Erd, but I probably only see that because of the other 2.
    Yiiiiiikeeeessss the beardy one!! Nice find!!
    The Ilse one I try not to comment too much on for now, because Ymir's situation is kinda unique. (She's at least 70 years old......) But the resemblance of their noses is waaaay too much.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum btw
    Has the anime the same scene as your third link (when they're still supposedly human?) Does anyone know?
    Last edited by Utsune; August 23, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Yiiiiiikeeeessss the beardy one!! Nice find!!
    The Ilse one I try not to comment too much on for now, because Ymir's situation is kinda unique. (She's at least 70 years old......) But the resemblance of their noses is waaaay too much.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum btw
    Has the anime the same scene as your third link (when they're still supposedly human?) Does anyone know?
    Thanks. It could be that Isayama gets ideas in his head for faces as he draws and it's just a coincidence they were the same, but that seems unlikely.
    The Anime covered it that bit in Ep2. They were the same people but the faces were animated slightly differently so the bearded one doesn't bare as much resemblance with the Darwin-Titan. I guess it's one the problems in the Anime that they can accidentally miss hints if they don't animate things exactly. I'm curious that they did that scene with the King, there must be a reason he hasn't actually appeared in the Manga yet.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. It could be that Isayama gets ideas in his head for faces as he draws and it's just a coincidence they were the same, but that seems unlikely.
    The Anime covered it that bit in Ep2. They were the same people but the faces were animated slightly differently so the bearded one doesn't bare as much resemblance with the Darwin-Titan. I guess it's one the problems in the Anime that they can accidentally miss hints if they don't animate things exactly. I'm curious that they did that scene with the King, there must be a reason he hasn't actually appeared in the Manga yet.
    Spoiler show
    Ah thanks for the info. Hmm to me, it seems they've omitted that part on purpose. They're meant to be conversing in the manga, but the anime just completely skipped that bit out. But it doesn't seem to me a difficult scene to fit in the anime version. The thing is, in manga, he can just hint it in one single panel very subtly. In the anime, the scene would get exposed for at least 5-10 seconds, which is a bit dangerous for viewers to pick it up too easily. EDIT: Especially when it's Darwin, lol.

I think I'm also pretty certain now Isayama draws similar faces on purpose, so I will go back to my question in one of my posts above: Do people have to die before they turn into Titans? Or, do dead people turn into different Titans than alive people? Because at least one thing seems very likely is that, dead (or consumed) people can turn into Titans somehow.

It might or might not be related, but the Pilot Chapter of SnK also has a similar idea.
    Last edited by Utsune; August 23, 2013 at 04:32 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Ah thanks for the info. Hmm to me, it seems they've omitted that part on purpose. They're meant to be conversing in the manga, but the anime just completely skipped that bit out. But it doesn't seem to me a difficult scene to fit in the anime version. The thing is, in manga, he can just hint it in one single panel very subtly. In the anime, the scene would get exposed for at least 5-10 seconds, which is a bit dangerous for viewers to pick it up too easily.

I think I'm also pretty certain now Isayama draws similar faces on purpose, so I will go back to my question in one of my posts above: Do people have to die before they turn into Titans? Or, do dead people turn into different Titans than alive people? Because at least one thing seems very likely is that, dead (or consumed) people can turn into Titans somehow.

It might or might not be related, but the Pilot Chapter of SnK also has a similar idea.
    Edit: I am certain Ape-Titan was in the forest. We wouldn't have seen him for one(he's monkey and can climb) and he must have been there after-woods if Gunter etc were transformed. I think after Annie was lying in the forest and the Survey Corps left, the Ape-Titan appeared give her one last chance to kidnap him. After she fails again he decides to step in (why else would he arrive just after Annie crystallized). If he transformed Connie's village into Titans maybe he did it to those dead in the forest as well? Plus if Reiner and Berthold knew him, Annie should as well.
    The only thing that halts this (and the Op's) theory is how would Gunter and Auruo get over the walls as Titans? Ape-Titan must have carried their bodies over and transformed them inside but what would be the point of that?

Loads were half eaten or dead in Trost and bodies just rotted. Connie's village were probably transformed alive whereas Gunter was dead. So it seems that alive or dead people can be turned, but you don't turn just from dieing. If Titans spread through Wall Maria like wild-fire, it would make sense that humans were turned, how can so many Titans come through once gap?

Also, someone pointed out on another thread that the Commander in http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no...1/c001/14.html looks like another Titan from Ilse's story http://mangafox.me/manga/shingeki_no.../c018.5/5.html If he was replaced by Irwin, I guess he would have died at some point
    Last edited by epictoads; August 23, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member mikasaaa's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Edit: I am certain Ape-Titan was in the forest. We wouldn't have seen him for one(he's monkey and can climb) and he must have been there after-woods if Gunter etc were transformed. I think after Annie was lying in the forest and the Survey Corps left, the Ape-Titan appeared give her one last chance to kidnap him. After she fails again he decides to step in (why else would he arrive just after Annie crystallized). If he transformed Connie's village into Titans maybe he did it to those dead in the forest as well? Plus if Reiner and Berthold knew him, Annie should as well.
    The only thing that halts this (and the Op's) theory is how would Gunter and Auruo get over the walls as Titans? Ape-Titan must have carried their bodies over and transformed them inside but what would be the point of that?
    Wow, I hadn't thought of that! Maybe RBA are related to the Ape Titan's faction after all, or at least Annie knows more about him than Reiner and Bertholdt.
    And yeah, Castle Utgard is inside Wall Rose, while the Forest of Giant Trees is outside… I'm thinking maybe the Ape Titan collected Auruo, Gunter and other dead people and then turned them into titans after he climbed over to Wall Rose. But I still can't shake the fact that Isayama dedicated so many manga panels to these two titans. There's something going on here!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikasaaa View Post
    Wow, I hadn't thought of that! Maybe RBA are related to the Ape Titan's faction after all, or at least Annie knows more about him than Reiner and Bertholdt.
    And yeah, Castle Utgard is inside Wall Rose, while the Forest of Giant Trees is outside… I'm thinking maybe the Ape Titan collected Auruo, Gunter and other dead people and then turned them into titans after he climbed over to Wall Rose. But I still can't shake the fact that Isayama dedicated so many manga panels to these two titans. There's something going on here!
    I can't see him collecting bodies, carrying them for 3 days, going over the wall then transforming them (what would be his point?). Unless he's twisted and likes the idea of humans fighting their own friends. It would explain how they know English as well if they were recently human, the Titan Ilse met (also believed to have been transformed) could talk, only him and Connie's village/Gunter & Auruo Titans have been known to. I'm still unsure how Annie fits in to R/B/Ape Titan. Did she replace Berik after he was eaten or was she separate? And if Ape-Titan was in the forest Annie must have been communicating with him before.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Counterpuncher's Avatar
    Country
    Libya
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. The ape Titan mentioned, that he has never seen a 3D maneuver device before, remember? Had he picked the special survey corpses, he would sure recognize the devices especially with Gunter's corps hanging from the tree. It's an interesting theory, but I'd say it's just Isayama's drawing technique... Probably!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Counterpuncher View Post
    I don't think so. The ape Titan mentioned, that he has never seen a 3D maneuver device before, remember? Had he picked the special survey corpses, he would sure recognize the devices especially with Gunter's corps hanging from the tree. It's an interesting theory, but I'd say it's just Isayama's drawing technique... Probably!
    Well, the guys that died fighting Annie would have had their gear crushed or at least not able to be examined. The only exception is Gunther.
    But the fact that all the Titan lookalikes have a greater link to the story than just being random Titans, and all have unique features just can't be a coincidence. Plus all the Titans appeared after the human had been killed/missing. There's a few thing that would need clearing up for some of the Titans to be there but there's just too much resemblance to ignore.

Spoiler show

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the guys that died fighting Annie would have had their gear crushed or at least not able to be examined. The only exception is Gunther.
    But the fact that all the Titan lookalikes have a greater link to the story than just being random Titans, and all have unique features just can't be a coincidence. Plus all the Titans appeared after the human had been killed/missing. There's a few thing that would need clearing up for some of the Titans to be there but there's just too much resemblance to ignore.

Spoiler show
    Annnnnnd....
    What about the Ao Oni Titan made you think of Eldo?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    Annnnnnd....
    What about the Ao Oni Titan made you think of Eldo?
    The eyes, nose, and ears look like Erd's If you imagine his head being stretched/pulled backward. That and the Titan appeared with the ones that looks like Gunther/Auruo, which makes it more suspicious. It also looks a lot like the guy on the horse that Annie treated like a football.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

I'm gonna support Mikasaaa's theory with the latest Anime episode. The episode was 50% filler but the Anime storyboards are supervised by Isayama.
    Spoiler show
    Out of all the filler they could do he made sure the bodies were still left outside as in the Manga. In other words, it's important to the story that the bodies of Petra, Gunther etc were not taken back.

Also, it shows that Gunther, Auruo etc wouldn't have had 3DMG left on their bodies as Counterpuncher pointed out (why would they take smashed up 3DMG still on the bodies?). So Ape could have transformed them without seeing 3DMG.
    Last edited by epictoads; September 07, 2013 at 08:08 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

The eyes, nose, and ears look like Erd's If you imagine his head being stretched/pulled backward. That and the Titan appeared with the ones that looks like Gunther/Auruo, which makes it more suspicious. It also looks a lot like the guy on the horse that Annie treated like a football.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

I'm gonna support Mikasaaa's theory with the latest Anime episode. The episode was 50% filler but the Anime storyboards are supervised by Isayama.
    Spoiler show
    Out of all the filler they could do he made sure the bodies were still left outside as in the Manga. In other words, it's important to the story that the bodies of Petra, Gunther etc were not taken back.

Also, it shows that Gunther, Auruo etc wouldn't have had 3DMG left on their bodies as Counterpuncher pointed out (why would they take smashed up 3DMG still on the bodies?). So Ape could have transformed them without seeing 3DMG.
    Thanks. I'm kind of baffled at this moment after just watching episode 22. It's creepy... I mean, I had no way to counter your point from post #16 nor Counterpuncher's post, and then bam, we get to see the Special Ops Squad's bodies being dumped on the way to Wall Rose without their 3DMG and my idea suddenly becomes a little more… valid?

It still doesn't explain how they could've made it inside Wall Rose after possibly being turned into titans, but still!

I'm updating the first post with Titan!Mike.
    Last edited by mikasaaa; September 08, 2013 at 11:11 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikasaaa View Post
    Thanks. I'm kind of baffled at this moment after just watching episode 22. It's creepy... I mean, I had no way to counter your point from post #16 nor Counterpuncher's post, and then bam, we get to see the Special Ops Squad's bodies being dumped on the way to Wall Rose without their 3DMG and my theory suddenly becomes valid again

It still doesn't explain how they could've made it inside Wall Rose after possibly being turned into titans, but still!

I'm updating the first post with Titan!Mike.
    I have been seeing the episode and your comparison between Ao Oni Titan and Eldo...
    and I think you are on to something here.
    Since Eldo was dismembered and chewed in half by the Female titan before spit out, it makes perfect sense to why his titan form (Ao Oni) has such short and deformed limbs and legs.
    It´s running with his head and torso as pilot.
    So I give you credit for spotting the similarities there.

And since Gunther and Auro had their bodies intact, it makes sense to why they look more normal than Ao Oni Eldo
    And Auro titan´s weak limbs could be from the fact that he got his limbs broken by the Female titan, rendered much weaker than the average transformation.

Gunther only suffered a cut neck, his body was the most intact one of them.
    So he turned into the biggest of them all. and coincidentally, his titan form rests its head on the shoulders as if his neck is not strong enough to do the job.

And I am not sure myself... but I think I managed to spot the Petra titan...
    And it´s not pretty.
    I will return with the suspect soon.
    Last edited by Nanozom; September 08, 2013 at 01:08 PM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    I have been seeing the episode and your comparison between Ao Oni Titan and Eldo...
    and I think you are on to something here.
    Since Eldo was dismembered and chewed in half by the Female titan before spit out, it makes perfect sense to why his titan form (Ao Oni) has such short and deformed limbs and legs.
    It´s running with his head and torso as pilot.
    So I give you credit for spotting the similarities there.

And since Gunther and Auro had their bodies intact, it makes sense to why they look more normal than Ao Oni Eldo
    And Auro titan´s weak limbs could be from the fact that he got his limbs broken by the Female titan, rendered much weaker than the average transformation.

Gunther only suffered a cut neck, his body was the most intact one of them.
    So he turned into the biggest of them all. and coincidentally, his titan form rests its head on the shoulders as if his neck is not strong enough to do the job.

And I am not sure myself... but I think I managed to spot the Petra titan...
    And it´s not pretty.
    I will return with the suspect soon.
    I have been hoping for a while that we don't see a Petra Titan
    In chapter 49 though, some of those Titans look weirdly familiar and it's strange that some of them are randomly facing the toward us. I can't put my finger on who they look like though. As far as I know these are the main people that have died fighting Titans recently that have recognizable faces, some of them look similar to the Titans in chapter 49. the 3rd one looks a bit like the Titan that got Erwin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Counterpuncher's Avatar
    Country
    Libya
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say, at the middle of episode 22 I thought this theory was done for as they collected the bodies of Leivi's team, but then they had to abandon the corpses which pretty much supports you're theory. Leivi even mentioned, that many bodies haven't made it back in the past. It's as if Isayama was reading this thread... Creepy!

Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay guys, this is getting creepier by the minute. I just found this recent Q&A with Isayama. Look at what Isayama says about Marco:

Spoiler show

Source: http://calorescence.tumblr.com/post/...rom-the-recent
    Last edited by mikasaaa; September 08, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast