Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: These two titans look a lot like... [Manga spoilers]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: These two titans look a lot like... [Manga spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by mikasaaa View Post
    Okay guys, this is getting creepier by the minute. I just found this recent Q&A with Isayama. Look what Isayama says about Marco:

Source: http://calorescence.tumblr.com/post/...rom-the-recent
    I did suspect that Marco would return as a Titan but his body was still in Trost? If he was transformed he would have been killed by the troops straight away. Unless enough of his body was taken outside.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member mikasaaa's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by epictoads View Post
    I did suspect that Marco would return as a Titan but his body was still in Trost? If he was transformed he would have been killed by the troops straight away. Unless enough of his body was taken outside.
    Yes, so maybe you don't need a whole body to transform it into a titan? Just like the Edo-Tensei from Naruto? (okay, I'm going way too far this time, I know…)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been hoping for a while that we don't see a Petra Titan
    In chapter 49 though, some of those Titans look weirdly familiar and it's strange that some of them are randomly facing the toward us. I can't put my finger on who they look like though. As far as I know these are the main people that have died fighting Titans recently that have recognizable faces, some of them look similar to the Titans in chapter 49. the 3rd one looks a bit like the Titan that got Erwin
    If you can provide the titan pictures that resemble these people then it would be invaluable.
    Please?
    could you show us the titans of these people that you spotted?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikasaaa View Post
    Okay guys, this is getting creepier by the minute. I just found this recent Q&A with Isayama. Look at what Isayama says about Marco:

Source: http://calorescence.tumblr.com/post/...rom-the-recent
    Although I would give second thoughts to the source, since it's a fan on Twitter and unofficial... But Isayama has always been pretty generous with revealing* plots outside of his manga...!!

*Just like this month's chapter, he kinda spoiled the plot lol.

Spoiler show

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Spoiler show
    That editor...
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    That editor...
    That's the thing, I really don't think he's joking lol! It sounds more like he's suggesting the idea... and we all know the job of editors, right?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member mikasaaa's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    That's the thing, I really don't think he's joking lol! It sounds more like he's suggesting the idea... and we all know the job of editors, right?
    Well, Eren has already 'died' once, right...? Isayama would be overusing this plot device... Lol

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    If you can provide the titan pictures that resemble these people then it would be invaluable.
    Please?
    could you show us the titans of these people that you spotted?
    Chapter 49 Titans with distinct faces

Compilation of people that have died recently in the Female Titan arc or after.

The 3rd guy looks a bit like the Titan that grabbed Erwin. And the guy Annie swung resembles the Titan that appeared a couple times with it's head backward.
    Last edited by epictoads; September 09, 2013 at 12:38 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I could be wrong, but honestly, I don't really believe in that whole theory...

I think that some people are indeed transformed in titan, like Connie's mom and probably the other villagers, and maybe some soldiers that were eaten (kept alive in the belly of the titans).
    (Do we know what happen to the bearded man in Chap 3?)

But, I don't think that people that were killed (ex: Gunther, Auruo, etc) are titans now.
    I think you guys might be imagining things where there is nothing.

Like many artists, his characters' faces are bound to look alike at some point (Naruto's example: I remember a lot of people thinking that Pain and Naruto were related because they looked similar, etc).

For instance, I don't think that seeing a titan with a goatee is enough to say that "this is Mike turned into a Titan!"...
    Last edited by THM Nindo; September 12, 2013 at 02:06 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    I could be wrong, but honestly, I don't really believe in that whole theory...

I think that some people are indeed transformed in titan, like Connie's mom and probably the other villagers, and maybe some soldiers that were eaten (kept alive in the belly of the titans).
    (Do we know what happen to the bearded man in Chap 3?)

But, I don't think that people that were killed (ex: Gunther, Auruo, etc) are titans now.
    I think you guys might be imagining things where there is nothing.

Like many artists, his characters' faces are bound to look alike at some point (Naruto's example: I remember a lot of people thinking that Pain and Naruto were related because they looked similar, etc).

For instance, I don't think that seeing a titan with a goatee is enough to say that "this is Mike turned into a Titan!"...
    That is what i thought at first but it seems too convenient to be true. All the people either died or went missing and the Titans show up shortly after, and all of them have some relevance to the story than just being random Titans with some appearing more than once.
    Some (like the commander) I could pass of as maybe just coincidence, but with the guys in the field are too strange. Those 2 Titans had a huge connection to the story and he drew them several times over. And with Levi's team they even had physical characteristics of the dead bodies (Gunther had his neck slashed and his Titan had a crooked neck, Auruo had his body crushed and the Titan seems to struggle standing up, and Erd had limbs bitten of and his Titan has small arms/legs, same with Moses).

If they aren't the transformations I am certain it's some kind of hint from Isayama anyway. There's no way he'd randomly draw the odd Titan with a lot of facial detail for no reason. The guy spends hours drawing these faces every day, I'm sure he would recognize them if they were just coincidence.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite the corpses still being in side the walls or in Marco's case in Trost, whoever the undercover Titans that are still lurking could devise a plan to carry the bodies out in order to turn them into titans.
    All they do is eat until they regurgitate it out anyway, the whole ones are ones that seem to matter most if this theory comes to light.

The ones outside of the wall though I feel strongly like the rest who believes they were possibly turned into titans, minor coincidence on the features? perhaps, but what are the odds it could similarly match with another character who previously was alive?
    It's a big mind-trick in a sense.

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sNkAoT View Post
    WoW Good find!! They do look alike. As far as we know they were never devoured so how did they turn. Did Ape titan find their bodies and turn them?
    I've suspected for a while now that the purpose of the Walls isn't just to keep out titans, but to purify those within somehow. Every human in the world is probably "infected" with the latency to become a titan. If you die within the Walls, you just die. If you die anywhere else, eventual titan transformation into typical mindless type. Maybe aberrants are only the result of Ape/coordinate-holders?

In retrospect, it'll add a TON more tragedy to the scene where Levi and the others are being forced to abandon the bodies of their comrades outside the Walls. Oof.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

That is what i thought at first but it seems too convenient to be true. All the people either died or went missing and the Titans show up shortly after, and all of them have some relevance to the story than just being random Titans with some appearing more than once.
    Some (like the commander) I could pass of as maybe just coincidence, but with the guys in the field are too strange. Those 2 Titans had a huge connection to the story and he drew them several times over. And with Levi's team they even had physical characteristics of the dead bodies (Gunther had his neck slashed and his Titan had a crooked neck, Auruo had his body crushed and the Titan seems to struggle standing up, and Erd had limbs bitten of and his Titan has small arms/legs, same with Moses).

If they aren't the transformations I am certain it's some kind of hint from Isayama anyway. There's no way he'd randomly draw the odd Titan with a lot of facial detail for no reason. The guy spends hours drawing these faces every day, I'm sure he would recognize them if they were just coincidence.
    If it's not a hint, then it's a pretty masterful red herring. A dick move, nonetheless. Especially if he keeps drawing suspicious, plot-involved titans with features matching previously killed characters.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post

Oh come on everyone thought AL (that's a nostalgic abbreviation lol) was EVERY CHARACTER EVER and only because we saw a spiky-headed silhouette that could've matched just about anyone. People were convinced AL was Minato lol

Fair point about faces if we were talking about someone like Kubo who struggles with having more than six faces. But Isayama goes out of his way to make nearly every single character distinct from one another, and that is definitely reflected in the titans. About the Mike titan, how many titans have you seen with a goatee and light hair like Mike?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ArmoredTitan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

great finds! Now I'll be more alert on the faces of the NORMAL titans
    return home to village? ME GUSTA

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who see's the Titan that Sasha fought with the bow in 36 being Connie's dad? They look strikingly similar.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3