Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate This Chapter

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great

18 17.65%
  • Good

49 48.04%
  • Meh.

23 22.55%
  • Bad

3 2.94%
  • Awful

9 8.82%
New Reply
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto 644 Discussion / 645 Predictions

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 644 Discussion / 645 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    That, and Hashirama's death. Maybe he had a Goku heart-attack or Itachitis. I don't see what could have possibly killed him beyond disease.
    Hashirama's was old age IIRC...and Tobirama died at the hand of a hunter nin squad...

However I don't find the death of Tobirama that surprising...it has been shown time and time again, that the shinobi who were raised under full wars, were stronger and more skillful, than today's shinobi...taking on alone an elite squad, while on the run(and possibly not so fresh) can actually make sense, but these revelations just make me want to see more of Tobirama's past

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well,guys remember kin/gin bros. headed up that ninja squad that killed tobirama.
    I think he knew exactly what he was goin up against...because if they were just fodder ninja he would have fought along side his team.but,he probably sense their chakra so he decided to save his team and sacrifice himself...
    to bad he didn't have a Nara on his team to come up with a plan to defeat the kin/gins like shika did...
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    But he didn't talk bad about Uchihas, that's the problem. He was realistic and stayed true to facts. He never hated them, he was observant because they were susceptible to Madara-ness. He even praised their name as well as some individuals' love for the village. He was a leader who didn't fall to emotion like Hashirama. He was thinking logically to help the village stay in peace.
    Tobirama gets flack because he was incredibly shrewd. People can like him or hate him, but that's what he kind of was to me. Not necessarily an @$$hole, but certainly not a saint either. I agree with you especially in how he was 'rooted' (no pun intended). The notion that he 'hated' the Uchiha came from the constant battles with the Uchiha, and his own observations about the clans. It's all perfectly logical too because as an enemy, he was likely looking for any weakness or capability they had that he should avoid, or find a method to counter. He watched them, studied them, and was aware of anything that could've been deemed a threat to the village or his own clan.

And besides, it isn't as though he didn't let some of his bias show when he quipped at being brought back and the company Orochimaru/Sasuke kept with one another. At the end of the day, he knew the Uchiha could be a threat to the village and somewhat tried to manipulate what he thought about them and the sharingan into something that could aid the village (Police). I mean, I really like the character... pretty cerebral there. And now he's funny because of his off the cuff remarks. Shrewd, I guess that's the best way I can describe him (for me at least).

5. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone !

In chapter 638, it was Tobirama's original body destroyed along with Hashirama's moku bunshin by Obito's blitz attack. The simple reason it could not have been a kage bunshin because they dispel with one hit. There's no evidence anywhere for kage bunshins to be durable except for kyuubi chakra enhanced bunshins of Naruto.

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/638/19

Furthermore, they were hit with the black chakra thingy and since Tobirama regenerated from the attack, it's sufficient to infer that it's not onmyoudon and therefore, Hiruzen would recover if only to face 4 bijuu damas.

In Chapter 644, I think it's about bringing closure to Minato...not as a ninja, not as a leader but as a father...

He died young with his wife, leaving his newborn son to be at the mercy of others; knowing how hard his life would be, any father would be wracked with guilt, regret and obviously blame himself.

Luckily, Naruto always forgives...

There is an entire conversation spoken through gestures...

Minato, "Son, I am sorry..."
    Naruto, "I have already forgiven you..."

Because, Saviours, too, can lose faith, drown in self-doubt and before saving anyone else, need to save themselves from themselves...

And yes, Obito will always be an a**clown.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    But he didn't talk bad about Uchihas, that's the problem. He was realistic and stayed true to facts. He never hated them, he was observant because they were susceptible to Madara-ness. He even praised their name as well as some individuals' love for the village. He was a leader who didn't fall to emotion like Hashirama. He was thinking logically to help the village stay in peace.
    He didn't stay true to the facts or was realistic, he was just talking bad about the Uchihas and pretending it was all facts. He seemed to hate and mistrust them due to the war, not because of this silly "Madara-ness," which was caused by Tobirama anyway.

And that was after the 180 on the Uchiha. He wasn't thinking logically, otherwise he wouldn't have relocated the Uchiha. However, Tobirama without the bias is who Naruto and Sasuke should be like. Not like Danzou at all, he was extreme. Tobirama cared about the village.

Quote Originally Posted by sentazar View Post
    His student was responsible for the murder of himself and his wife.
    His student started the 3rd world war.
    His son grew up not knowing his parents and going through pain and loneliness for the first half of his life
    Due to him putting the kyuubi in his son, his son endured a lot of hate.

As a father and an overall leader who was supposed to protect his son and his village, he failed. Although he tried his best - if he was never resurrected and allowed to try and fix his problems they would have generally all have been failures.

It was his son that corrected all of his mistakes, or is attempting to.
    His student being an evil dumbass was no fault of Minato's, though. The only fault of Minato was abandoning Naruto, but apart from that Minato wasn't a failure just because of Tobi.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jalix View Post
    Tobirama gets flack because he was incredibly shrewd. People can like him or hate him, but that's what he kind of was to me. Not necessarily an @$$hole, but certainly not a saint either. I agree with you especially in how he was 'rooted' (no pun intended). The notion that he 'hated' the Uchiha came from the constant battles with the Uchiha, and his own observations about the clans. It's all perfectly logical too because as an enemy, he was likely looking for any weakness or capability they had that he should avoid, or find a method to counter. He watched them, studied them, and was aware of anything that could've been deemed a threat to the village or his own clan.

And besides, it isn't as though he didn't let some of his bias show when he quipped at being brought back and the company Orochimaru/Sasuke kept with one another. At the end of the day, he knew the Uchiha could be a threat to the village and somewhat tried to manipulate what he thought about them and the sharingan into something that could aid the village (Police). I mean, I really like the character... pretty cerebral there. And now he's funny because of his off the cuff remarks. Shrewd, I guess that's the best way I can describe him (for me at least).
    tobirama is no different than any other shinobi back then...could you imagine how it would be if hashirama/madara's fathers were still alive when konoha was formed.ten times worse than tobirama is/was towards madara(at least both bit their tongues when confronting each other)..

hashirama was the only liberal thinker within both clans...if anything tobirama was a moderate leader.
    keep your friends close and your enemies even closer...
    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Hashirama's was old age IIRC...and Tobirama died at the hand of a hunter nin squad...

However I don't find the death of Tobirama that surprising...it has been shown time and time again, that the shinobi who were raised under full wars, were stronger and more skillful, than today's shinobi...taking on alone an elite squad, while on the run(and possibly not so fresh) can actually make sense, but these revelations just make me want to see more of Tobirama's past
    I doubt Hashirama died of old seeing as how Tobirama himself was still pretty young when he took over the mantle of Hokage. Not to mention, unlike Madara, no modifications were made to Hashirama or the other Hokages age and abilities.

As for Tobirama, I cannot say how much of an awesome surprise to me it is that he was so badass. I've said it before and I'll say it again I always thought he was the lame duck of the Hokage but now he's easily #2 in my book behind his brother and is one of the greatest shinobis ever.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I doubt Hashirama died of old seeing as how Tobirama himself was still pretty young when he took over the mantle of Hokage. Not to mention, unlike Madara, no modifications were made to Hashirama or the other Hokages age and abilities.

As for Tobirama, I cannot say how much of an awesome surprise to me it is that he was so badass. I've said it before and I'll say it again I always thought he was the lame duck of the Hokage but now he's easily #2 in my book behind his brother and is one of the greatest shinobis ever.
    Lesson of the day, Dont judge a book by its cover, unless its twilight.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imamon View Post
    The simple reason it could not have been a kage bunshin because they dispel with one hit. There's no evidence anywhere for kage bunshins to be durable except for kyuubi chakra enhanced bunshins of Naruto.
    No evidence except for Hiruzen's kagebunshins - that survived being hit by Hashirama and/or Tobirama without going poof.
    Infinite RAGE!

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    US Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Naruto 644 Discussion / 645 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    His student being an evil dumbass was no fault of Minato's, though. The only fault of Minato was abandoning Naruto, but apart from that Minato wasn't a failure just because of Tobi.
    I agree with you, completely. However you and I are observing from the 4th wall where we can view all the actions of various different characters.

But from Minatos point of view.

His student dies.
    His "dead" student comes back to life and he doesn't recognize him(In his mind if he was able to back when Obito attacked Him and Kushina he may have been able to change his mind)

He dies...comes back to life finds out his kid lived mostly a shit life that JUST started getting better in the past 4 years.
    and all that stuff.

Plus guilt sometimes isn't a rational emotion, which is why I like this Manga, people always complain that characters don't act real just because they don't act how the person wants them too...but honestly their human emotion reactions are pretty spot on. Even sasuke...that crazy fucking guy.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking like Minato or someone who knows him, and I still can't believe he'd blame himself. But as you said, guilt could be why. Minato probably thinks he was a bad sensei and was the reason for Obito's death and why the world is as it is now because he didn't know Tobi was Obito.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 644 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by R3D View Post
    the teleportation jutsu was almost perfect , it missed out a tooth of the hachibis lol
    hes had a lost tooth for a while now, and he lost his other horn.

Awesome chap, not too much happened but the chatting was nice, hashirama has chakra compareable to naruto and kyuubs combined? op

I loved tobirama, and i liked how sasuke was gonna save juugo and naruto but no one else.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly like seriously guys...

What in the world was Hashirama fed when he was a child?!?
    Chakra comparable to the ninetails both halves together?? Like jeez...

This senju bros were another league

One brother had the chakra levels to create a wooden statue towering over a 100% Kurama
    The other invited all these jutsu that are revolutionary

20. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    Honestly like seriously guys...

What in the world was Hashirama fed when he was a child?!?
    Chakra comparable to the ninetails both halves together?? Like jeez...

This senju bros were another league

One brother had the chakra levels to create a wooden statue towering over a 100% Kurama
    The other invited all these jutsu that are revolutionary
    hashirama reminds me of a movie I saw...this may be how he died...he was a phenomenon
    Spoiler show
    ....his brother was driven to keep up with him.he invented multiple jutsus(much respect)but only to keep up with the massive arsenal/chakra his brother had...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Meanwhile, what on earth is Hiruzen doing? xD

Hiruzen's Tragic Tale Part 6
    Just a Short Tale...

Itsk! It's only a matter of time before Hiruzen shows up with a Man Beast Sage Mode Fusion with Enma and bops Tobi.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

New Reply
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast