Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Shoujo & Josei Monthly Featured Character Archive Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoujo & Josei Monthly Featured Character - Kyouko Mogami, Haru Yoshida & Yukina Himuro

Welcome to MangaHelpers Monthly Featured Character thread! In this thread you will find general information and description about a certain character from a shoujo/josei series. Feel free to talk and discuss about the featured character here at this thread. You can send me a PM if you have a suggestion for next month's featured character. Enjoy reading!

Warning! Information below may contain spoilers.

May 2013 Shoujo/Josei Featured Character

Name: Kyouko Mogami
    Birthday: December 25
    Height: 163 cm
    Zodiacal Sign: Sagittarius
    Blood Type: B
    Series: Skip Beat

Kyouko Mogami was an innocent girl whose goal in life was to please Sho Fuwa, her childhood friend and love interest. When he asks her to go with her to Tokyo so that he can pursue a career as a singer, she follows him without asking. However, one day, she overhears him complaining about her to his manager, that she is boring and plain and he only keeps her for housekeeping duties, then he proceeds to flirt with his manager. Enraged, she vows revenge on Sho. As she is carried away by security, Sho mocks her by saying that if she wants revenge, she should be a bigger star than he is.

After that, she changes her appearance, and tries to get into show business so she can be a star. She faces many challenges in her goal to get revenge, and along the way, meets Tsuruga Ren, a famous actor, who finds out her motive and as a result, dislikes her. However, as Kyouko begins to love acting and no longer sees it as a way to get revenge, he softens to her and becomes her respected mentor. Ren and Kyouko actually have a past together, which is known by Ren but not by Kyouko. Slowly, both of them starts to have feelings for each other, to the jealousy of Sho.

Kyouko is generally a very joyful character, though when she loses her temper, can be very scary with dark aura emanating out her body and her little demons are out, terrorizing her object of anger. She also makes voodoo dolls that she uses to curse the people she dislikes. Despite her scary temper, she loves pretty things, especially cosmetics, and she believes in fairy tales, resulting in her looking childish and innocent at times. She possesses a great talent in acting, going so far as to lose herself in her characters. She has a fear to love, incited by Sho's abandonment, and ever since has a trouble in opening up her heart.

Follow Kyouko Mogami at Skip Beat!

Source: MyAnimeList, Wikipedia

June 2013 Shoujo/Josei Featured Character

Name: Haru Yoshida
    Birthday: April 2
    Height: 178 cm
    Zodiacal Sign: Aries
    Series: Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Haru is a delinquent who is absent from school for a long time due to a fight. After Shizuku is sent to deliver class print-outs to him, he thinks of her as a friend, and from then starts to attend school.

His return to school is not without trouble, as he is feared by other students and still often gets into fights. However, as the story progresses, he starts to be able to make more friends with Shizuku's help, and he falls in love with her. His feelings are reciprocated, but due to their lack of experience and knowledge about love, he and Shizuku often have trouble in showing their affection, often resulting in misunderstanding.

Despite being a delinquent, Haru is actually a shy and innocent boy. He has difficulties in interacting with people, due to his sheltered upbringing. When he shows effort in interacting normally, he becomes popular, especially among girls due to his good looks. Though he often gets into fights, actually he is constantly trying to help other people. Haru also has perverted tendencies, often thinking dirty thoughts about Shizuku. Haru is shown to be a genius, always getting the first rank despite showing little effort in studying.

Follow Haru Yoshida at Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun!

Source: MyAnimeList, Wikipedia

July 2013 Shoujo/Josei Featured Character

Name: Yukina Himuro
    Series: Watashi ni xx Shinasai

Yukina Himuro is a girl who is feared by her classmates because of her sharp eyes and cold skin temperature, earning her the nickname yuki-onna. Unknown by many except for her cousin, Akira, she is actually a famous cellphone novelist named Yupina whose novels are really popular. However, one day she overhears two girls saying that her novels begins to be boring because of the lack of romance. Worried about her novels, she does not know what to do until she finds a student handbook, accidentally dropped by the popular student council president, Shigure. She reads the handbook and finds out his secret, then using it, she blackmails him to do love act with her for her novels.

As she keeps giving missions to Shigure (which he hates) to do different love acts, she gets the data she needs for her novels. However, slowly the missions are no longer mere acts, as Shigure starts to fall in love with her and Yukina has feelings towards Shigure though she cannot name it love yet. Things get more complicated as Shigure's childhood friend, Mami, shows up with jealousy in her eyes, and Akira confesses her feelings for Yukina.

Yukina at a first glance seems to be a quiet girl, but she actually has an active mind and a straightforward manner. Despite being feared by others, she doesn't mind it, but she has the great fear of being looked in the eyes without her glasses to protect her due to a childhood trauma. Yukina is really devoted towards her novels, willing to do anything to make her novels better and more popular. As shown by her novels' content, Yukina doesn't know much about love, thus her need to do the missions with Shigure.

Follow Yukina Himuro at Watashi ni xx Shinasai!

Source: MyAnimeList
    Last edited by yukihime03; July 03, 2013 at 10:29 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shoujo & Josei Monthly Featured Character - Kyouko Mogami, Haru Yoshida & Yukina Himuro

Kyouko, the stupid girl. XD No, not stupid. She's just... sincere, I think. She gives her all in everything, starting from liking and supporting Shou to acting. That results in both happiness and sadness. To be honest I think I'm looking forward to her character development more than what we currently see, including to change her childish and stupid part a bit into someone more mature. XD

Haru is actually similar to Kyouko in their sincerity, now that I think about it. Often misunderstood, which resulted in cases being rejected. I really should start reading the manga. >_>

And Yukina sounds like an interesting character. *thinking to check the manga but is scared about the plot *

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Shoujo & Josei Monthly Featured Character Thread - Motomiya Mao

Welcome to MangaHelpers Monthly Featured Character thread! In this thread you will find general information and description about a certain character from a shoujo/josei series. Feel free to talk and discuss about the featured character here at this thread. You can send me or yukihime03 a PM if you have a suggestion for next month's featured character. Enjoy reading!

August 2013 Shoujo/Josei Featured Character

Name: Motomiya Mao
    Series: Taiyou no Ie

In Taiyou no Ie, Mao decides to get out of her house. As her father remarries and doesn't seem care about her, she accepts the proposal of Hiro, her childhood friend, to stay at his house as she tries to fit in back to her new family. Things become a bit messed up when she falls in love in Hiro... and rivals come dancing to them.

Mao's appearance gives off the feeling of 'fragile'. She used to have a happy life, but troubles came in between her parents and they had to break up. She closed herself slowly after her mother left and her father remarried. During childhood she got to know Hiro's family and became close to them. She has a kind heart, but easily misunderstood because she is rather silent, shy, and doesn't express herself much. She is a bit edgy around people, especially her family, but deep inside she actually cares, wants to help, and wants to get to know them too. She is a bad cook and eventually has to learn how to cook as she wants to help Hiro. She likes cute things and likes to think randomly.

Follow Motomiya Mao at Taiyou no Ie!

Source: Taiyou no Ie (manga)

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoujo & Josei Monthly Featured Character - Kei Takishima

Welcome to MangaHelpers Monthly Featured Character thread! In this thread you will find general information and description about a certain character from a shoujo/josei series. Feel free to talk and discuss about the featured character here at this thread. You can send me a PM if you have a suggestion for next month's featured character. Enjoy reading!

September 2013 Shoujo/Josei Featured Character

Name: Kei Takishima
    Birthday: November 22
    Height: 175 cm
    Zodiacal Sign: Sagittarius
    Blood Type: A
    Series: Special A

Kei Takishima is the top student in SA. He is always ranked first, making him a rival to Hikari, the main heroine. He is known to be very intelligent and excels in everything he does. He is also the heir to Takishima Corporation, often helping his father in dealing with negotiation.

To the knowledge of everyone around him, except Hikari herself, he has always had loved Hikari since they were young. He generally maintains a calm and cool demeanor, but when Hikari is involved, we can usually a side of him that is caring and anxious. He enjoys provoking Hikari by calling her 'Ms. Number Two' just to see her reaction (he thinks it's cute) and sometimes makes a bet with her in which the punishment will be about her spending time with him (and guess who always win). He never confesses his love to Hikari because he knows she will only misinterpret it due her denseness.

Follow Kei Takishima at Special A!

Source: MyAnimeList, Special A Wikia

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shoujo & Josei Monthly Featured Character - Kei Takishima

As much as he's cute and lovable and all of those, I remember I was pretty mad at him for being so.. slow... especially dealing with the stupid Hikari, lol. They are a cute but can be annoying too as a couple, haha.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he has his reasons for being slow. And his reasons are actually proved. I still can't get it when Hikari first finds out about Kei liking her, and gets shown all the evidences, in the end she thinks it's just a joke (if I remember correctly, I don't quite remember what she thinks). My heart actually breaks for Kei.
    If he didn't go slow, I can't imagine how many times his heart must be broken. He might not survive the ordeal, even. Hikari is just too prideful and dense.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha. You know, I don't really blame him. I don't even consider him slow. He's pretty blatant about his feelings, it's just that the girl was so dense. I actually liked him because he wore his heart on his sleeve, he wasn't wishy-washy about his feelings, he was decisive, he was firm and he knew what he wanted. Everybody practically knew about his CRUSH. But maybe he was just feeling if Hikari herself was ready. In that, I think he was always a smart character. Always sensitive when it came to her.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoujo & Josei Monthly Featured Character - Saitou Yakumo & Kuronuma Sawako

October 2013 Shoujo/Josei Featured Character

Name: Saitou Yakumo
    Series: Shinrei Tantei Yakumo

Saitou Yakumo is a college student who lives at the filming club room in school. He was born with heterochromia, his right eye is black while his left eye is red. His red left eye, which he usually hides with contant lens, gives him the ability to see ghosts and spirits. He believes that spirits and ghosts are bound to earth because of a certain "cause", and by eliminating that cause, the spirits will able to rest in peace. After being asked by Ozawa Haruka to help her friend, they start investigating together.

He is a blunt and sarcastic person, often seemed condescending. He is distant and gives no care to what others think. However, he actually possesses a kind heart as he is willing to help people who come to him for help. He is also highly intelligent, logical and observant, often solving the mysteries before the police can. He is sensitive about being able to only see and speak to spirits but not to exorcise them which leads him to feel powerless at times. He guards his heart tremendously and is only close to only a few people, namely Haruka, Gotou, his uncle Isshin, and his younger cousin Nao. He will go to great lengths to protect these people to the point of risking his own life. He appears to have developed feelings for Haruka.

Follow Saitou Yakumo at Shinrei Tantei Yakumo!

Source: Psychic Detective Yakumo Wiki

November 2013 Shoujo/Josei Featured Character

Name: Kuronuma Sawako
    Birthday: December 31
    Height: 158 cm
    Zodiacal Sign: Capricorn
    Blood Type: O
    Series: Kimi ni Todoke

Kuronuma Sawako is a shy and honest girl who wants to have friends. However, her resemblance to the horror film character, Sadako, and her shy character prevent her from having friends. After meeting Kazehaya, and due to his kind and open nature, Sawako starts to open up and talk with people. Gradually, she is able to make close friends, which include Kazehaya, Ryu, Ayane and Chizuru. She is grateful to Kazehaya, but does not seem to realize that she likes him romantically.

Sawako is rather short, but she is really fast (to the point where people think she is able to teleport). She sometimes can look scary, especially when deep in thought, but she is actually really kind and caring. She tends to be oblivious and over-analyze things. She is a hard-worker and is often seen doing chores.

Follow Kuronuma Sawako at Kimi ni Todoke!

Source: MyAnimeList, Kimi ni Todoke Wikia

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoujo & Josei Monthly Featured Character - Zero Kiryuu & Anna Koshiro

December 2013 Shoujo/Josei Featured Character

Name: Zero Kiryuu
    Birthday: October 24
    Height: 178-183 cm
    Zodiacal Sign: Scorpio
    Series: Vampire Knight

Zero Kiryuu is one of the main characters of the series, and the childhood friend of Yuuki, the main female protagonist. Born in the family of vampire hunters along with his twin, Ichiru, he has a deep hatred for vampires after a pure-blood vampire, Shizuka Hiou, murdered his family when he was young. During the incident, he was bitten and became vampire, but he hid this fact from Yuuki until he couldn't control his vampiric urges anymore.

Zero is generally a calm and composed person, even though he can act cold and hostile, especially when dealing with Kaname. Despite his scary aura, he is a gentle and kind person who wants to protect humans. He has a nature to hide his true feelings behind his cold manner, so he is hard to understand or get close to. He is also a gifted and intelligent hunter who views vampires as monsters and therefore, he loathes himself and struggles with his desire for blood.

Zero has romantic feelings for Yuuki, but he keeps it hidden because he knows Yuuki's feelings for Kaname. When Yuuki is awakened as a pureblood vampire, he reveals his feelings to her and asks whether the human Yuuki he knows is still there, but her answer makes him vow to kill her should they ever meet again.

Follow Zero Kiryuu at Vampire Knight!

Source: MyAnimeList, Vampire Knight Wikia

January 2014 Shoujo/Josei Featured Character

Name: Anna Koshiro
    Birthday: February 10
    Height: 158 cm
    Zodiacal Sign: Aquarius
    Series: Stardust Wink

Anna Koshiro has been friends since childhood with Sou and Hinata, two handsome guys, who live in the same apartment complex. Because of her closeness to these two guys, she has difficulty of finding boyfriend and people often wonder who among the two she really likes. She often fights with Sou, especially after their relationship becomes complicated following their break up, but it is revealed that she has liked Hinata since they were children.

Anna is a simplistic and energetic girl. She has a pet squirrel named Coco. She is shown to be dense, proved by her obliviousness to the boys' romantic feelings for her at the start of the series.

Follow Anna Koshiro at Stardust Wink!

Source: MyAnimeList, Stardust Wink Wikia

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3