Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: What happen if......

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What happen if......

What if Knuckle placed an ability called potclean on strong guy like royal guard, netro, hisuka etc....they will become zetsu for 30 days, and good time to kick their ass? hmm just curious.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What happen if......

Quote Originally Posted by yangsoon View Post
    What if Knuckle placed an ability called potclean on strong guy like royal guard, netro, hisuka etc....they will become zetsu for 30 days, and good time to kick their ass? hmm just curious.
    Yes it would be...provided that they can't repay the interest

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you go by the Yorknew arc, even putting a Royal Guard in Zetsu would hardly be enough to defeat them. But in the Ants arc, putting a living God (Meryem) in Zetsu is apparently more than enough to win.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner YipYip's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

its actually the best thing to do for them...
    but I guess Knuckles ability isnt very effective when his opponent is much stronger than he is

And considering how he fought against Gon... the Royal Guards r much stronger than him

Hisoka... well I dont know if Hisoka can stick his Bungee Gum on Potclean, but if he can, then he can use it to block any of Knuckles attacks by pulling it between them...
    Well Knuckle vs Hisoka would be kinda interessting
    But I guess Hisoka counts as an opponent who is much stronger than him

Netero... well I see no chance for him to land his ability on him even if Netero has a bad day ^^''

Most of all that they r stronger than him, u have to consider that he has to stay around them till his potclean ability reaches the maximum Nen output of his target

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisoka is not much stronger than Kunckle. He's not even necessarily physically stronger than Gon by the end of the Chimera Ants arc.

But the problem with Knuckle's abilty is that it almost surely only works on basic damage. That is say he's up by 10000 and someone pulls out an Excalibur and try to chop his head off. I don't see how his ability will somehow prevent this from happening. The damge is coming from the weapon, not from the user, and we know there are weapons powerful enough to penetrate the defense of an aura user due to their own strength. Likewise if someone pulls out a flamethrower and set him on fire, that too should work just fine.

So while Knuckle has an incredibly strong ability for a duel, in a fight to the death all you have to do is just use anything that does special damage (slashing/fire/electricity/poison/whatever). The fact that I don't see how Potclean can grant slashing weapon immunity makes it rather easy to deal with. If Potclean does affect slashing damage, that'd mean you'd get a scene where someone as strong as him uses a sword and try to chop his head off only to have it bounce back due to the amount he owes. That just seems ridiculous so I assume it's not possible.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It would work the same as it did against Gon, but would likely take longer and require more aura from a stronger opponent like a Royal Guard. Where Gon may have about approximately 10k to use, a royal guard will likely have much more than that. It's also a matter as to whether Knuckle could land hits against his opponent and make them go bankrupt without getting beaten himself in the process.

I'm assuming damage includes anything that requires someone's aura to use. And as long as potclean can cling onto the opponent, he'll begin collecting interest.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That is where I am trying to come from.
    So doesn't that mean Knuckle and chameleon are the best combo?
    They could have take out one of the royal guard easily.

Lets say they stick a potclean on them while invisible, all they have to do is run away and become invisible again and come near them and collect aura interest

But like one of the user above state, even without zestu or aura, the royal guard can still win in a physical/speed attack with sword etc.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yangsoon View Post
    That is where I am trying to come from.
    So doesn't that mean Knuckle and chameleon are the best combo?
    They could have take out one of the royal guard easily.

Lets say they stick a potclean on them while invisible, all they have to do is run away and become invisible again and come near them and collect aura interest

But like one of the user above state, even without zestu or aura, the royal guard can still win in a physical/speed attack with sword etc.
    Potclean can only be put on one person at a time. Knuckle said if he wanst to put Potclean on Meryem he'd have to cancel the one on Pufu first. So that also highlights another weakness. All you have to do is call someone else to kill Knuckle for you even if you somehow racked up a huge amount of debt.

The Royal Guards are pretty much undefeatable by any normal means. Like Pufu says you'd need multiple guys as strong as Morel to even defeat Pufu who was caught drooling over Meryem for several seconds (this would be a fatal mistake for any human level character). I know the Election Arc they claim to have indeed many guys as strong as Morel, but this really makes no sense as why wouldn't Netero take those guys around if he actually has guys who can defeat Royal Guards as opposed to just stalling time? After all it's got to be a lot easier to carry out his plan if he was sure he can get rid of the Royal Guards and defeating them is a lot more reliable than just hoping they'd trip over Gon's body and get slow down.

In fact in retrospect the plan to stall the Royal Guard was pretty much completely useless. Without a huge amount of good luck (Komugi) and Meleoron's appearance, the guys who are supposed to keep Royal Guards busy should've been annihilated the moment they charge in and leaving Netero in a doomed position. Imagine if the fight actually went as planned, e.g. Yupi vs Knuckle + Shoot, Pufu vs Morel + Novu, and Pitou vs Gon + Killua. They'd have to charge through Pitou's En and simply die horribly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Potclean can only be put on one person at a time.
    That might be true. But that thing after potclean.. that Zetsu thing (dont know the name right now) can apply on multiple targets and does not count for the Potclean rule.
    I can simply say that by Gon having that thing on him, and yet Knuckle was able to put Potclean on Cheetoh during that time:
    Spoiler show

New Reply