Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Relationship between the 2 Kuramas.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Relationship between the 2 Kuramas.

Well recently we noticed that there are in fact two Kuramas. (Eat it for those who said theres one) Haha

But I personally thought that Minato's was going to be more ignorant and not cooperate with the Naruto's Kurama.

But I don't know, they seem to be on good terms with each other an their opposite human containers.

What are some opinions on this?

Oh and also, can I get a *Thanks* for no reason. Please and thank you

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Relationship between the 2 Kuramas.

Here is the thanx u were looking for

On topic of two kuramas, well they seem to have different personalities and yet they both like Naruto, Honestly can't comment on it cause even a grin of salt isn't working in this case (

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I really did not expected it... I mean spliting chakra = 2 souls / 2 entities? Come on... Did Oro's hands become self aware? I can understand what Orochimaru did with "pieces of himself" that allowed him to get back but you don't see more then 1 Oro running about....

Still its going to be interesting to see how this turn of events is going to end up.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the relationship can't be bad because they're in fact one and the same. That's why Minato's Kurama said it was weird asking himself for help.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mbacarra's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    But I personally thought that Minato's was going to be more ignorant and not cooperate with the Naruto's Kurama.

But I don't know, they seem to be on good terms with each other an their opposite human containers.
    The kyuubi was ever since depicted as an evil entity and it was predominant since the start and how he was drawn. But as we go along the manga, we're being shown slowly what the Kyuubi really is and by giving a 'name' to the entity, the entity becomes real, and we get emotions and attitude. When they were split by the Sage of Six Paths, they have their own "persona", even Gyuuki stating that Kurama was a bit harsh that's why some of the tailed beasts didn't get along with him.

Being split into the "yin and yang" doesn't necessarily mean that we get the good and evil attitude. if that's the case, then Naruto's Kyuubi half was never able to be swayed into helping Naruto at all. Being "split" probably meant in some other way, maybe chakra-wise, with an "incomplete kyuubi" in Naruto and Minato

So I think the two Kyuubis are one in the same.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@mbacarra

I am still not sold on the idea that its "yin and yang" chakra split. I know what JMan said but Minato said he is going to seal as much as he can and not a specific part of it. He states i am going to seal half of it as that is my max and more is imposible. He had no reason to split it into "yin and yang" as Jman claimed... I mean at NO point did he claim he is sealing the yin or yang part of it, just half as that is how much i can seal. I still believe its a retcon there but i gues we will see.

This is why it makes no sense to me:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/510/11

This is how Rikudo could create life aka the 9 bijus... He did not just split the damn chakra...
    Last edited by xXan; August 19, 2013 at 06:50 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mbacarra's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @mbacarra

I am still not sold on the idea that its "yin and yang" chakra split. I know what JMan said but Minato said he is going to seal as much as he can and not a specific part of it. He states i am going to seal half of it as that is my max and more is imposible. He had no reason to split it into "yin and yang" as Jman claimed... I mean at NO point did he claim he is sealing the yin or yang part of it, just half as that is how much i can seal. I still believe its a retcon there but i gues we will see.
    That was the point of my post. Most people are stuck on the idea of the yin-yang thing being something that can be seen on the surface, like an attitude perhaps. One is good and one is evil. So when they meet each other, they would clash. That's not always the case. That's why I said it could be more of a chakra-wise yin and yang thing with one half having a different signature than the other.

We could argue about how Jiraiya said it differently and how Minato didn't explicitly stating that "oh I will only pull the yang part and seal it to myself". And yes, on a visual perspective the "split" was basically reducing the size of the Kyuubi but it could be that it's splitting in yin vs yang. They were of the same size when we saw them fist on fist on the last page.

But it could go on and on and on and the debate would be too dragging. Which means I would just stray from the main point of what I said earlier. Maybe I made a mistake by pointing out the yin-yang thing to prove a point.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha thankyou for the thanks's. Ohh man we need a new chapter now!! But now that their split from the same entity, maybe they can both co exist with each other if Minato hands the other half over and help Naruto like that. Or maybe edo Minato can seal himself in Naruto. Ohhhhh!!!! That'll be a twist.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why people complain about having two halves of Kurama. Seriously, this is the only logical explaination of the fact that Kurama was not full power. For Kurama in Naruto to be weak, the yang need to be a Kyuubi and the Yin as well. I think the Jutsu Minato used work exactly as Mu's splitting Jutsu. After Mu splitted himself, he became half weak.

Besides, the two Kurama are not independent. It seems that the other Kurama in Minato knows what the one in Naruto knows. Unless the last chapter was a mistake, the Kurama in Naruto said something like " In the not-so distant fure, this kid will ...". There is no way he could have known that since he wasn't in the meeting. Another factor is that the two of them referred to one another as my "other half". This means that there is only one consciousness.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, here's what I think.

There is not one consciousness, because the fact is that these two Kurama's are acting independently of one another. If there was only one consciousness, then the other Kyuubi would not be talking about his other half, he would simply be talking about himself.

So we do in fact have two consciousnesses. BUT, we have only one conscience. If we didn't then the Kurama's would be disagreeing with one another, or the one in Minato wouldn't be ready to align with his other self.

The fact is the Kyuubi was split into two different entities. These entities experience things independent of the other, but at the same time there seems to be some mutual shared experience between the two.

But even though they are independent physically; mentally and emotionally, they are the same being. Essentially the Kyuubi's mind was copied when his soul was split IMO. Both halves think the exact same way, hence why Minato's Kyuubi was changed in the same way Naruto's was.
    Last edited by Delbi; August 19, 2013 at 11:58 PM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    For what it's worth, here's what I think.

There is not one consciousness, because the fact is that these two Kurama's are acting independently of one another. If there was only one consciousness, then the other Kyuubi would not be talking about his other half, he would simply be talking about himself.

So we do in fact have two consciousnesses. BUT, we have only one conscience. If we didn't then the Kurama's would be disagreeing with one another, or the one in Minato wouldn't be ready to align with his other self.

The fact is the Kyuubi was split into two different entities. These entities experience things independent of the other, but at the same time also seem to know about the experiences of their other half. So while they are independent, they are also connected.

But even though they are independent, mentally and emotionally, they are the same being. Essentially the Kyuubi's mind was copied when his soul was split IMO.
    The Minato's half mentioned clearly that he was moved because of Naruto and that's the thing which make him help the alliance. SO they are two diferent entities not one...

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark blood View Post
    The Minato's half mentioned clearly that he was moved because of Naruto and that's the thing which make him help the alliance. SO they are two diferent entities not one...
    I literally said that in the next sentence. Did you even read?

I clearly said that they have two separate consciousness, but have the same conscience, hence why Minato's Kyuubi was moved in the same way Naruto's was, because their feelings and emotions are the same.

It remains to be seen if while in the Death God Minato's Kurama could know what Naruto's was doing, but it seems as though they share some kind of connection now that they are both out.

Edit: It seems maybe I was unclear and I have since edited my original post.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I literally said that in the next sentence. Did you even read?

I clearly said that they have two separate consciousness, but have the same conscience, hence why Minato's Kyuubi was moved in the same way Naruto's was, because their feelings and emotions are the same.

It remains to be seen if while in the Death God Minato's Kurama could know what Naruto's was doing, but it seems as though they share some kind of connection now that they are both out.

Edit: It seems maybe I was unclear and I have since edited my original post.
    Honestly speaking your post was a bit confusing, In simple words you wanted to say that they are two separate beings with one concious (or connected one) to explain it better. IMO Minato's half was moved after he saw Naruto's action/spirit what ever you call it, it wasn't some thing like that they both share the same concious with shared experience.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark blood View Post
    Honestly speaking your post was a bit confusing, In simple words you wanted to say that they are two separate beings with one concious (or connected one) to explain it better. IMO Minato's half was moved after he saw Naruto's action/spirit what ever you call it, it wasn't some thing like that they both share the same concious with shared experience.
    Or it was so long that you and I both skimmed through it and didn't read properly. Haha that's what I did.

But yea from the things posted it looks as if they are both of one entity but as of right now two separate conscience.

Naruto however, was able to touch both Kuramas.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Its obvious you have 2 distinct Kurama's. They where copy and pasted into 2 parts at 1 point but from that point on they started to change. Kurama in Minato was inside the DG and the one inside Naruto got to see the world trough Naruto's eyes (more or less). Those experinces they did not share starting from the point of the split created 2 different individuals.

It would be interesting to see where this would lead and what would happen if they are joined togeder once more. If they are joined togeder it would be like killing 1 of them (more or less) even if the memories are preserved.

In essence what Minato did is create life. He created another Kurama.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast