Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Are you happy with the way Luffy won?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes , it was amazing

50 38.17%
  • Yes , it was ok

61 46.56%
  • It could have been better

10 7.63%
  • It was disappointing

8 6.11%
  • Other

2 1.53%
New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 719 Discussion/ 720 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 719 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    sorry,I wasn't clear: jinbe was surprised that luffy's bounty had increased so much. In fact,400 million are too much,for a rookie who can't use haki. Yet,his dangerousness and the fact he does possess an even higher haki was enough to give him such a bounty. But an over 500 M character,either he is one of the strongest,almost at emperors' level, or that bounty is ridiculous: ace's 550 makes dd's one pale in comparison. After the war there were guys here who guessed luffy,bugy and crocodile would have achieved 700 million. How amusing,then dd and all the other characters' bounty are nothing in front of them.imo,oda shouldn't have given ace and chinjao such a bounty, and at least chinjao should be the strongest opponent till now. As a dude just said: we have a flashback of a character who is defeated at the end of the chap??
    Nah, divino, you just got a little bit of a mess in it. Let me remind you what happened. =)

You know, Luffy was a 100m bounty rookie. But the he did beat Lucci, Blueno and picked a fight with World Goverment. Woah man! Bounty rised from 100 to 300m. But what happened afterwards?
    300 to 400m jump is low as for the number, yet high for the deeds/stuff luffy caused. He beat Moria in Thriller Bark (no matter the circumstances, he did), he also punched a World Noble, as well penetrated into Impel Down and yet escaped from it, he also brought many prisoners out of there. And then he took the part in the War of the Bests and showed Navy his Haoshoku Haki, thought unwillingly (he could not control it).

So he did pretty much and went to 400m. Despite of him not being aware of haki (of usage, not existence), he caused enough and was a threat, that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by nfinitfx View Post
    I am going to stop reading one piece for 1 year.. this story is progressing wayyyyyyyy too slow
    Good luck. I would not survive that, just waiting a week for chapter is a torture itself, my bitten nails could tell a story about it. What's more, just when we get the spoiler without full raw chapter is a way to take this teasing to another level. You won't make that.

What disappointing spoilers. So we had a flashback of a character who got defeated at the end of chapter - so much buildup for a crapppy fight...

At least destroy the ground to uncover the factory.
    I agree with this one. If nothing, Chinjao could of been used as the drill to unpurposely break into the Factory while he would be fighting Luffy. But now, as Luffy has fixed his head's dent, there's a chance for Chinjao becoming his ally, what's more, he could even worship Luffy now, lol. Because he can get his family's treasure now. =) In the end, he could still drill his way into the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    So, how does Rayleigh fit in? I guess we'll find out later, while Luffy and Chinjao talk. Always felt they would end up as allies. The way Chinjao was introduced and the way he and his siblings talked about their island being in danger...

Wonder what Garp will think if this happens and he finds out.
    I think that Garp is just going to laugh. We still do not know why they fought, but my guess is that they just crossed paths and Chinjao was a big time pirate. I doubt Garp would purposely want to destroy him so he would not obtain his treasure. We don't even know whether Garp knew about it or not.

Also, about the Rayleigh part. It could be that Gol's crew has done something to him as well. Ray went his own way after Gol was gone, he could meet Chinjao a give him a lesson as well. Chinjao, having the dent instead of Patrick Starfish like spike, could lose to his sword.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    So there's the flashback,good thing, it had to occur sooner or later. So sad the block is already won,don chinjao should have weakened luffy much more,otherwise his bounty is just another mistake by oda,as was ace's 550! I hope the chapter will have more than the spoilers show.
    Chinjao maintained the bounty of 500m in his prime. We could say he is a lot weakened now by his age and his head not being what it used to be (dent). Ace had 550m, I wonder how far would he get had he been alive.
    Last edited by llaubacher; August 27, 2013 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Added quotes.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chitgoks's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

haha funny chapter. i guess there will be no more hatred from don chinjao after this because his head is now back to normal and he can now get his treasure back

this is the same as when the leader of the flying fish rider got his face beautified by sanji. chinjao's going to be an ally hmmm

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Bindal's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to stop reading one piece for 1 year.. this story is progressing wayyyyyyyy too slow
    i have tried, i bet you can't. since op is the best there is

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llaubacher View Post
    Nah, divino, you just got a little bit of a mess in it. Let me remind you what happened. =)

You know, Luffy was a 100m bounty rookie. But the he did beat Lucci, Blueno and picked a fight with World Goverment. Woah man! Bounty rised from 100 to 300m. But what happened afterwards?
    300 to 400m jump is low as for the number, yet high for the deeds/stuff luffy caused. He beat Moria in Thriller Bark (no matter the circumstances, he did), he also punched a World Noble, as well penetrated into Impel Down and yet escaped from it, he also brought many prisoners out of there. And then he took the part in the War of the Bests and showed Navy his Haoshoku Haki, thought unwillingly (he could not control it).

So he did pretty much and went to 400m. Despite of him not being aware of haki (of usage, not existence), he caused enough and was a threat, that it is.

Good luck. I would not survive that, just waiting a week for chapter is a torture itself, my bitten nails could tell a story about it. What's more, just when we get the spoiler without full raw chapter is a way to take this teasing to another level. You won't make that.

I agree with this one. If nothing, Chinjao could of been used as the drill to unpurposely break into the Factory while he would be fighting Luffy. But now, as Luffy has fixed his head's dent, there's a chance for Chinjao becoming his ally, what's more, he could even worship Luffy now, lol. Because he can get his family's treasure now. =) In the end, he could still drill his way into the factory.

I think that Garp is just going to laugh. We still do not know why they fought, but my guess is that they just crossed paths and Chinjao was a big time pirate. I doubt Garp would purposely want to destroy him so he would not obtain his treasure. We don't even know whether Garp knew about it or not.

Also, about the Rayleigh part. It could be that Gol's crew has done something to him as well. Ray went his own way after Gol was gone, he could meet Chinjao a give him a lesson as well. Chinjao, having the dent instead of Patrick Starfish like spike, could lose to his sword.

Chinjao maintained the bounty of 500m in his prime. We could say he is a lot weakened now by his age and his head not being what it used to be (dent). Ace had 550m, I wonder how far would he get had he been alive.

Though they call it war of the ''BEST'' - though we have not explored it in the manga yet. I am sure there are pirates who are stronger than Yonkou, Admirals etc which are not shown on one piece yet.

Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Though they call it war of the ''BEST'' - though we have not explored it in the manga yet. I am sure there are pirates who are stronger than Yonkou, Admirals etc which are not shown on one piece yet.
    War of the Best because people who have partaken in were the strongest characters from One Piece shown so far? Enough as an explanation?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, props to the guys who guessed the pointy head thing. To me that seemed WAY too ridiculous. I'M a bit dissapointed though, even Hodi took Elephant Guns without really being beaten - Don Chinjao was supposed to be the strongest enemy Luffy has faced 1on1 so far. But whatever they can't make him go all out if the main opponent is either Diamante or Doflamingo himself.

About Chinjao's bounty and strenght: If he was called "The Drill" and had a really pointy head than that was part to his strenght. Image how weak a swordsman would be without his sword. Chinjao still attacked with his head but to no real effect. If it was pointy and you were hit it would've meant your death or defeat I guess. So his 500mil bounty is ok - he was famous new world pirate, he had good haki, and he had a pointy head which his attacks were based on. Now he is old and didn't have his "sword" anymore. So yeah, ofcourse he loses to LUFFY.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner John 92's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

about chinjao.would you rather have this and and the entire next chapter a flashback?don't think so,so stop complaining

about the bounty,500 million is high.luffy's 400 mill. are just a consequence of destroying enies lobby,stirring up the war and being dragon's son.kid and law who spent 2 years in the new word have a bounty higher by just 50-70 million.get what i want to say?plus,as was mentioned before,bounties don't mean a thing
    5.7.2013. calling it now,zeref and mavis are brother and sister

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    Well, props to the guys who guessed the pointy head thing. To me that seemed WAY too ridiculous. I'M a bit dissapointed though, even Hodi took Elephant Guns without really being beaten - Don Chinjao was supposed to be the strongest enemy Luffy has faced 1on1 so far. But whatever they can't make him go all out if the main opponent is either Diamante or Doflamingo himself.

About Chinjao's bounty and strenght: If he was called "The Drill" and had a really pointy head than that was part to his strenght. Image how weak a swordsman would be without his sword. Chinjao still attacked with his head but to no real effect. If it was pointy and you were hit it would've meant your death or defeat I guess. So his 500mil bounty is ok - he was famous new world pirate, he had good haki, and he had a pointy head which his attacks were based on. Now he is old and didn't have his "sword" anymore. So yeah, ofcourse he loses to LUFFY.
    You saw what Hodi could do with his grip when he wasnt on pills, and he took bunch of pills thats why he survived.

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'M a bit dissapointed though, even Hodi took Elephant Guns without really being beaten
    Are you sure about this? I only remember he receiving one Elephant Gun, in chapter 645, which finally defeated him. Could you point out the chapter in which he received another one?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Der Namenlose View Post
    Are you sure about this? I only remember he receiving one Elephant Gun, in chapter 645, which finally defeated him. Could you point out the chapter in which he received another one?
    Sorry, my bad. He only took that one and the gatling afterwards. He was still conscious after the first one but I guess you could've called him defeated at that point.

Still don't think that ONE Elephant Gun should be enough for a 500mil guy, even if he is old. But it had to end and they couldn't make Chinjao too strong...

On another note though: I actually think Don's crying was that ridiculous and stupid anymore. Garp didn't just beat him he destroyed his entire life with just one punch. He took his power, his nickname, his looks, his pride and his treasure. I can understand why Chinjao hates him so much.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llaubacher View Post

-
    By the sentence "because of his dangerousness" , I was exactly talking about the fact he is so reckless that he can punch a tenryubito without caring about the admiral's arrival, what he did to ID and in MF ecc. yet, he was "weak" : without haki almost every strong character in the NW could have dealed with him (although luffy could defeat even vice admirals). 400 Millions are so much,but it was okay since he had been making such a mess. Now we have characters whose bounties run over 500 million, what's dd's one in front of theirs? dd is so heavenly, yet his bounty seems so low now. and the way chinjao is disposed of really isn't worthy of oda....

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, my bad. He only took that one and the gatling afterwards. He was still conscious after the first one but I guess you could've called him defeated at that point.

Still don't think that ONE Elephant Gun should be enough for a 500mil guy, even if he is old. But it had to end and they couldn't make Chinjao too strong..
    Don't worry about it, I only wanted to check if something like that really happened My reading of that page was a little different, though. As I understood it, Hody was already loosing his consciousness just after receiving the first Elephant Gun, when he disclosed his wish of killing everyone on the island with the falling Noah, while the Elephant Gatling was aimed solely at destroying the ark.

Nevertheless, I agree with you about Chinjao, even though the strengh he demonstrated throughout their fight was already pretty incredible, in spite of his defeat. He was, except for Jinbe, the only character to fight with Luffy on equal grounds since the time skip, even though he could not withstand such a strong attack. The fact that it was so strong, however, serves as a reminder of how powerful Gear 3 truly is; even though we became fairly acquainted with it as readers, it was one of the decisive factors which made Luffy's victory over Lucci possible, even though they were almost on the same level, with perhaps a slight advantage on Lucci's side.
    Last edited by Der Namenlose; August 27, 2013 at 05:45 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Still don't think that ONE Elephant Gun should be enough for a 500mil guy, even if he is old. But it had to end and they couldn't make Chinjao too strong...
    We still don't know how he was beaten. Spoiler just says Chinjao was knocked down. Maybe he got thrown off the ring, just like Sai, who wasn't actually knocked out by Luffy, since we saw he was still conscious in the water.

I'm not sure how fair it is comparing a guy who is at his old age still on 500 million bounty with a guy who got 400 million before he was old enough to buy alcohol in some countries. Yeah, I guess I expected more out of Luffy's first real fight against someone with COC, but the guy obviously had some issues he never got over.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@Bounty

don't underestimate the strong $ compared to the weak Berry/Belly there was a crash in Eastblue and the Berry got stronger / Weaker did anybody saw the last Water7 Stockreport jet? I did it was awsome and explain all the Bounty diffrence at once..

You should really get used to it ......
    --
    The Mangas i like:

One Piece; Naruto;
    Hajami no Ippo; Hunter x Hunter;
    Beelzebub; Toriko; Fairy Tail
    Bleach; Hitman Reborn; Gantz

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

what if what happen was when Luffy used Elephant Gun and restored Chinjao's head .Chinjao was surprised and touch his head to feel it before falling outside the arena that means Chinjao lost .

i think Chinjao don't want to fight back anymore maybe he thinks that if Luffy used another Elephant Gun his head will get damaged again hahahaha

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast