Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 15 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Chami-chan つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: .

No one believes a child yelling with his back against the wall
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How are you doing Kamui?

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too well. I'm hurting from lack of screentime.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Not too well. I'm hurting from lack of screentime.
    I imagined as much. Time to get back into action and kick some ass Kamui-san.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So Nuno, how satisfied are you with the new goverment / statsminister?
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Not satisfied... People will realize how they chose wrong in due time. Our Right (or blue party if you will), isn't that bad, but our "extreme" right party FRP is, and it has pretty much been confirmed since long ago that if Right won, FRP would join them in forming a governmental unit. How people would want that is beyond me. FRP is a terrible party to have in a real decision making position. We can only pray Erna Solberg keeps the crazy witch Siv Jensen (FRP) in check, because our new prime minister is OK really, although Stoltenberg will in time be shown to be the superior one.

Honestly the "immense" wish for change doesn't make sense to me. It would if we were a country in economical crisis or the such, but obviously we're not. Things are fine here, but this country is so full of people that want everything to be 100% perfect that they make it seem like we're in desperate need of change. Norwegians are so full of themselves.
    Last edited by 3c; September 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing after reading who actually won. It sounds exactly like the blue goverment we had until 2 years ago.. and no one could keep Pia Kjærsgaard (leader of DF, pretty much FRP) in check since they needed her mandates. And after 2 years it's 100% what we're going to get again.

Yay for a racist Scandinavia, let's all change together. Indeed, I too can't help but feel people are retards sometimes...
    Tiger, Tiger.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Scandinavians are retards?...I agree!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Scandinavians are retards?...I agree!
    Don't be so smug you, still have free healthcare
    Tiger, Tiger.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It was so little news over here, it seems most other countries don't really care

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing after reading who actually won. It sounds exactly like the blue goverment we had until 2 years ago.. and no one could keep Pia Kjærsgaard (leader of DF, pretty much FRP) in check since they needed her mandates. And after 2 years it's 100% what we're going to get again.

Yay for a racist Scandinavia, let's all change together. Indeed, I too can't help but feel people are retards sometimes...
    We're already racist dude. Let's just turn more racist is all.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    It was so little news over here, it seems most other countries don't really care
    Actually I assume most "modern" countries have news regarding most other "modern" countries' new prime ministers etc. We had articles dedicated to "international reactions", but most of it had to do with "how blue Norway is turning" plus some international journalists linking FRP to Breivik as he has a history in the party (very minor). It's a flawed connection as it makes it sound so extreme, but FRP is rather racist so there's no denying that.

But yeah, obviously a Norwegian prime minister election wouldn't be more than minor news in other countries. Like a small article. Had Stoltenberg remained it probably would have gotten even less attention too, as like I said most of the focus was on the "turning blue/Breivik" thing.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Actually I assume most "modern" countries have news regarding most other "modern" countries' new prime ministers etc. We had articles dedicated to "international reactions", but most of it had to do with "how blue Norway is turning" plus some international journalists linking FRP to Breivik as he has a history in the party (very minor). It's a flawed connection as it makes it sound so extreme, but FRP is rather racist so there's no denying that.

But yeah, obviously a Norwegian prime minister election wouldn't be more than minor news in other countries. Like a small article. Had Stoltenberg remained it probably would have gotten even less attention too, as like I said most of the focus was on the "turning blue/Breivik" thing.
    I heard about the thing with Breivik too, seems natural, considering what a big wave of news his actions created. I didn't pay much attention to it though, it already was obvious that FRP is rather racist from what I've heard. Looks like the media wants to make a strong point by connecting it to Breivik. I think it's worth the attention though, right-wing extremist parties seem to get more and more popularity, it bugs me. Probably just because people are fed up with the current governments but it's still a bad sign.

And there aren't any big news for other european countries yeah, besides UK and France. For whatever reason the media gives it a lot of attention but I guess it makes sense with the whole France - Germany business and the somehow huge interest for the UK. For some reason their culture and stuff was always high regarded over here, despite the English pretty much disliking us for a very long time

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly speaking, FRP isn't that extreme right. They are just a "very right oriented party" to put it that way. No one really considers them "extreme right", though I personally like to refer them as such, but most of their "extreme right" orientation was in regards of immigration in the past, during Carl I. Hagen's leadership. They are still very vocal on that front, but yeah.

Hah, UK is such a fallen empire it's sad. "Hey we have a say in thi-.... OK!"
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, yeah, extreme right would push most voters away. That's exactly how DF are, considered to not be attributable to any side since they are mix of all. Immigrant policy is extreme right too. There used to be a Fremskridtspartiet before in time, which was all right, then one of its member (Pia Kjærsgaard) decided to leave and create a party that can get votes, hence DF. Ah well.

And people always vote more etnicentric whenever they feel like stuff are getting worse, no matter how good they have it. Because you know, it worked well for the Germans
    Tiger, Tiger.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

What exactly does "extreme right" mean to you guys over there? I know in places like Germany, most people I know say it's just a euphemism for fascism, but yeah...

Thread Closed
Page 15 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast