Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wasted Devil Fruits?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasted Devil Fruits?

I feel like that throughout the series, there were a lot of potentially badass devil fruits that were wasted, and if you could rewrite the series, who would you give them to instead? I think baroque works in particular wasted a lot.

I think Mr.5 Bomu Bomu no mi could've potentially been garp secret power, or could've been given to one of the strawhats such as Sanji.

Also, Miss Valentine Kilo Kilo no mi had so much potential too, again given to a someone with hand to hand combat that jumps a lot, Sanji would've utilized it well.

Even Miss Double Finger Toge Toge no mi had potential, for Sanji or another character as well.

Then there's the marine captain Rust Rust fruit that were too perfect of a devil fruit that Oda wasted.

Ideas?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wasted Devil Fruits?

uh i disagree about the kilo kilo for someone who jumps a lot, yea that could be good whatever but the way she used it was for simpletons, things like punching and mid punch increasing the weight of your arm etc. or decreasing ur weight to increase ur speed or decreasing the weight of other things, similar to tsuchikages jutsu is how it should've been used.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

i may get flamed
    the fire fruit

we rarely got to see it in action

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is saying they're hoping one of the strawhats get the fire fire fruit, I hope not. I like the balance of the strawhats with their fruits abilities and skills and what nots. It is a huge fan favorite and I'm sure oda will bring it back.

Monet was a wasted fruit too, the snow snow fruit had as much potential to the ice ice as the fire fruits had in comparison to the magma.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bromains View Post
    uh i disagree about the kilo kilo for someone who jumps a lot, yea that could be good whatever but the way she used it was for simpletons, things like punching and mid punch increasing the weight of your arm etc. or decreasing ur weight to increase ur speed or decreasing the weight of other things, similar to tsuchikages jutsu is how it should've been used.
    It still gives the same impact. Of course,

Quote Quote:
    GLaDOS: In case the laws of physics do not apply in the future, God help you.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, good for you guys that Oda simply has to kill a DF user to bring the fruit back. If he likes :P

I think the fire fruit won't be seen as much in the future. We already saw nearly every possible attack.

The one fruit i really like to see again is the bomb fruit. So cool. At the moment we see that much weird fruits i wish we could return to the basics again.

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, to be fair just about any fruit could potentially be used better by someone who has superior physical capacities. The manga has made the point that a fruit is only as good as the user is so to speak. So yeah, the bomu bomu fruit and the kilo fruit could have potentially been given significantly better use than they were given had the characters in question been stronger.

I would argue buggy's bara bara no mi is the most underused fruit though. It has endless applications at least. Buggy can attack from multiple angles, is invulnerable to sword slashes, has range and who knows what else. If he gets a little creative he can fly, look at multople angles at the same time, hear from two places at the same time.... His partial invulnerability is greatly downplayed by his incompetence. Heck, how about even rearranging his body for convenience? I am sure there would be combinations that could prove useful somehow.... Like changing his foot for a fist and punching with the strength of a kick or something. FISTKICK MOTHER*****R! Or some variation of swordsmanship where he changes his arms for legs with hands at the end so as to have longer arms when swordfighting.... Although range is not an issue to him to begin with.

There was also the similar fruit that split that guy into balls or something.... that sounds like it could be useful somehow.

11. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    There was also the similar fruit that split that guy into balls or something.... that sounds like it could be useful somehow.
    Captain Very Good of the Marines. He got stomped by Rob Lucci though. Which is isn't so bad if you're at the Captain Level.
    But yeah he could probably use his fruit better.

I remember now it was the Beri Beri no Mi that was eaten by Captain Very Good.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; August 28, 2013 at 03:53 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope we haven't seen the last of Virgo. Is his devil fruit ability even confirmed yet?

There's the stuff sticking to his face, and Sanji saying he might be made out of metal. Aside from that he hasn't been seen using anything but Rokushiki and Haki (if I remember correctly).

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as we know vergo simply did not have a DF ability at all. Vergo did have remarkably powerful haki so I think sanji's comments were an allusion to that. Perhaps it was a combination of armor haki and tekkai though.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    I just hope we haven't seen the last of Virgo. Is his devil fruit ability even confirmed yet?

There's the stuff sticking to his face, and Sanji saying he might be made out of metal. Aside from that he hasn't been seen using anything but Rokushiki and Haki (if I remember correctly).
    Well what stuck to his face was a hamburger and a spoon, so that's probably just his bad tablemanners, I think he's simply a Haki-beast, combined with rokushiki
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; August 22, 2013 at 09:16 AM.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    combined with rokushiki
    Rokushiki? Which ones. It seems the Marines only ever use Finger Pistol, Geppo & Soru.
    We havent seen anybody outside of Cipher Pol use Kami-e, Ranyaku or Tekkai in the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Rokushiki? Which ones. It seems the Marines only ever use Finger Pistol, Geppo & Soru.
    We havent seen anybody outside of Cipher Pol use Kami-e, Ranyaku or Tekkai in the manga.
    Yeah Vergo-sans' finger-gun is quite lethal. I was thinking his defense was a combination of his beast-haki and some sort of tekkai.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Hmm, Kami-e and Tekkai are both inferior to haki. Using Tekkai, once cannot move except in the case of Jabra. With the sort of skill like Vergo, he may as well tank attack while counter attack attack at the same time instead of dodging like Kami-e.

As Devil Fruit goes, Foxy's fruit can be hax if some one more powerful using it. I meant if any of the top tier get a free hit in. It could very well determine the match.
    Last edited by weixiaobao; August 23, 2013 at 03:02 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darth volcaniz's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

i think luffy will hold on to the mera mera no mi as something "sacred" much in the same way goku cherished the 4 star dragonball.
    Besides, i dont see any of the current straw hats desiring it. zoro wouldnt take it out of sheer pride. sanji spends too much time bailing everyone else out of the water (literally), though i see him benefiting from its power, to be interested in its power. nami and usopp have fighting styles that would waste its power. and Franky is a mother fucking cyborg

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast