Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: The 900 year relationship between the dwarfs and DD

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The 900 year relationship between the dwarfs and DD

there isn't much to be said about it as of now, but from the 900 years we know that the relationship took place near the beginning of or during the void century. meaning the dwarves might know an important piece of that time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 900 year relationship between the dwarfs and DD

I think, it's a confirmation that DD is a Tenryubito(sp). The dwarves are, I believe, simply saying that their problem with is kind started already in the void century, and as continued since.
    My One Piece Predictions

Spoiler show

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, might even be that DD is over 900years old. Not that anything like that has occured in the world of OP as of now, but remember that Vergo also said "You don't know about Jokers past". If he is a Tenryubito, it would still be his present as well then, wouldn't it?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchen View Post
    Well, might even be that DD is over 900years old.
    We have pictures of him being a child and a twenty-something year old pirate during Gol's execution. Mingo is not 900 years old if I can trust Oda's own story.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Themistocles's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It is interesting that Robin is the one who is being told that. The one person in the Straw Hat crew who would be interested in that stuff. The Dwarves' history with DD is another piece to the true history Robin is searching for
    Kartoffeln sind gut

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

not tryin to say that Dd is 900 years old more like trying to point out that these dwarves are connected to the void history and most likely we may learn something of it finally. piece by piece.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bromains View Post
    not tryin to say that Dd is 900 years old more like trying to point out that these dwarves are connected to the void history and most likely we may learn something of it finally. piece by piece.
    Let us hope that if there is a poneglyph on one of those two islands, that it may be one with the "True History" and not one that's simply pointing to an important one.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchen View Post
    Well, might even be that DD is over 900years old. Not that anything like that has occured in the world of OP as of now, but remember that Vergo also said "You don't know about Jokers past". If he is a Tenryubito, it would still be his present as well then, wouldn't it?
    Doflamingo is not 900 years old. The conflict between the Tontatta Tribe and Donquixote family goes back 900 years. The conflict is older than Doflamingo, who only came to Dressrosa ten years ago.

The implications of this is very interesting. The Tontatta Tribe may have been part of the ancient kingdom, and may have preserved some of their ancient history. Doflamingo's connection to the Tenryuubito is also intriguing. Law implied he was Tenryuubito, but I wonder if that is all their is to it. He obviously does not look like the lumpy, inbred looking Tenryuubito we so far have seen. I also think it is strange that a Tenryuubito would not only become a pirate and arms dealer, but join the Shichibukai. What benefit would membership confer to a Tenryuubito? They are already, basically, above the law. Touching a Tenryuubito is enough for an Admiral to be deployed. If he is Tenryuubito, what did Dofla gain by joining the Shichibukai, other than some minor amusement?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    The implications of this is very interesting. The Tontatta Tribe may have been part of the ancient kingdom, and may have preserved some of their ancient history.
    Makes me think that the radar other technology they might have stems from that time. Forgotten knowledge that only now returns, it wouldn't be the first media to have such a plotline, maybe Enel's Maxim was build on past knowledge too.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

DD said that his roots are deeper than a Tenryuubito's. Tenryuubitos are descendants of the 20 Kings. So, unless Donquixotes were royal somehow, I don't think DD is a tenryuubioto.

But... if he is called "young master" at the age of 41, there must be a "senior master" alive. And so far, the only one who ressembles DD is the blond old man from Gorosei.

I don't know why, but I think that "Jack", mentioned by a broker, is related to DD. We know that DD has a ranking based on cards. Joker and Jack are cards too, and who knows if there's a Queen and a King as well.

Anyway, I believe that not all the members of the Donquixote Family are at Dressrosa. Maybe only DD's branch.

And DD's is super strong... wonder why he didn't annihilated all the dwarfs yet.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kouhei View Post
    And DD's is super strong... wonder why he didn't annihilated all the dwarfs yet.
    Maybe because every time they rebel, he simply goes "hey guys, it's okay, I'm a kind person at heart." ...Which they inevitably buy hook, line, and sinker, and then go home to Green Bit. No need to fight!

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dofla did not say "his roots are deeper" than the Tenryuubito, he said "it's a deeper story than that", as in it is a more complicated story. He wields Tenryuubito like influence over world affairs, as demonstrated by his ability to manipulate the entire world just to trick the Strawhats. Like Law said, only a Tenryuubito could do something like that. Dofla obviously does not fit what we have so far seen of the Tenryuubito, so the story (as Dofla said) must be "deeper than 'that". Law's line (also in the above link) "Someone with the power to do something that outrageous...!! Only the likes of the Celestial Dragons could manage that!! You. Could you be..." only makes sense if Dofla is Tenryuubito, or someone above the Tenryuubito. He might be a Tenryuubito, but not just any Tenryuubito. Maybe not all Tenryuubito are equal. The fight between the Tontatta Tribe and Donquixote Family began 900 years ago, the beginning of the Void Century. I am willing to think that the Donquixote Family produced one of the twenty kings, and that Dofla is their direct descendent, and heir.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Makes me think that the radar other technology they might have stems from that time. Forgotten knowledge that only now returns, it wouldn't be the first media to have such a plotline, maybe Enel's Maxim was build on past knowledge too.
    Very possible. Maybe it's just a misinterpretation on my part, but I have always felt like the Ancient Kingdom was more technologically advanced then the present. The Tontatta Tribe could have preserved some of that technology. It is pretty significant that they remember anything from 900 years ago. This is the first time I remember anyone volunteering information from the Void Century, and the first time I can remember ancient history being passed on directly, without reading a poneglyph.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

900 year history with Donquixote family on Dressrossa and the Dwarves on Green Bit - 100 year Void Century = 800 years since 19/20 kings involved in taking over the world and moving to Mariejoas. The fact that the noble kingdom of Alabasta refused to go to Mariejoas means they probably are the only family that regret the incident during the Void Century. Obviously the nobles committed an atrocity, and would lead their hold of power in question if the truth is discovered.
    My theory now is that there was one family (maybe not related by blood) that were the true recognized nobles. They did not rule the world, but were in harmony with nature itself. They had crafted amazing artifacts to explore the world across any sea (Pluton) and explore the sky and beyond to the moon istelf (Uranus) and a special member could call Sea Kings to guide to the depths of the ocean. They were explorers discovering all the secrets of the world with no fear from nature as they posed no threat to nature. They were attacked pre-emptively by a paranoid 20 kindgoms who worried that these great ships would rule this world and control all the mythical beasts of the world. Their kingdom was destroyed while all voyages were under way, and with nothing to return to, set to hide throughout the world. Posideon's party eventually acclimated to life under water, Pluton hid in Alabasta their crew spread throughout the world, Uranus landed on the Moon and adjusted to be able to live in the sky and beyond. Each scattered group wrote chapters in the story of their banished culture. The last will and testament of "D". The new World Govt realizing that Alabasta hid the people, that they salted they poisoned the ground turning it into a harsh desert. The Royal family vowing to save their land and live through their betryal, became an outsider with no more influence.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    We have pictures of him being a child and a twenty-something year old pirate during Gol's execution. Mingo is not 900 years old if I can trust Oda's own story.
    Technically, you can't tell Doflamingo age only by his appearance during Roger's execution, and a drawing of him as a child only means he was one at some point.

The only thing that says Doflamingo is not 900 years old is Oda giving him a age of 39 in the SBS.
    Last edited by Fox666; September 28, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless he's an immortal I can very much guess his age from his appearance, you never do?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply