Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53

Thread: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    At the end of the first day, 40,000 Alliance members were dead. Half of the Alliance. Yet it happened off screen and no one cared. That should of told you how Kishi writes wars.

    The only real name death was Neji. Unfortunately, it was meaningless since Neji had long lost his relevancy as a character. It was like killing Shino. It didn't matter.

    So I don't expect anyone to die now. He couldn't even kill off Tsunade or Onooki.

    Someone mentioned babysitters and that has been a huge problem in the manga. Kishi has always relied on babysitters for Naruto. Kakashi, Jiraiya, Yamato, The Sage Toads, Killer Bee, Gai, and now the Edo Hokages. I would love to see the older characters take a back seat for once and let the kids take over. But Kishi loves his older overpowered characters. So that will never change. He even dug them up from the grave to steal the spotlight. I just wish the Edo Hokage would leave so some drama and tension can return to the manga. Cause right now there is now.

    Quote Originally Posted by chibistar6 View Post
    Also, the major war deaths of Inoichi and Shikaku just felt way too contrived for me. Yeah, the Alliance lots its "mind," but...were they even making that much of a difference against the Juubi way off from the battlefield? not at all...
    Actually they were. The rest of the Alliance were morons and needed Shikaku to tell them what to do. Even the Kyuubi. But Shikamaru and Ino have aptly replaced them. A rare example of Kishi removing older characters so the younger characters can shine.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #17
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,849
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    The fact of the matter is, there are few characters we feel emotionally attached to anymore. If we the readers don't give a shit about death, then it doesn't matter anymore.

    Think about it. Who's deaths resonated with us the most? For me it's rather simple.

    1) Jiraiya's

    2) Itachi's

    3) Asuma's

    The reason being? These characters had emotional weight in the story. I actually cared about them. When Jiraiya died especially, his death had great meaning to the story. So did Itachi's and Asuma's. Their was a significance to their deaths not only to multiple characters, but to the plot of the actual story.

    Neji dying here was irrelevant for a few reasons. 1) Neji hasn't been a relevant character since the rescue Gaara Arc. 2) He wasn't that important to our main characters anymore 3) The significance wore off immediately

    Frankly, with the Kages being revived, anything short of a full scale annhilation of the alliance and most if not all of his remembers will mean nothing. Shiikamaru might be the most plot armored character at this point believe it or not, and someone like Kakashi or Bee dying would have needed to happen by now for it to have any weight.

    So frankly, sit back and relax, as the only people who are probably going to die from this point on are either Sasuke or Naruto.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  4. #18
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    I'm with most people at this point. Death in the war would have been far more significant at the beginning with as much as the author emphasized the horrors of war, having a flashback of orphans having to walk through actual battlefields, you would think that he would do and excellent job of showing us war firsthand. While the novelty of zombies was pretty cool in theory, the execution was absolutely awful. he went along with the same formula for the entire thing, so I don't see how we are expected to give a damn.

    So this point, I really don't have any fucks left to give about death within the story. hell, I mean we have a character that has been marked for death for hundreds of chapters that did not die. I love said character, that doesn't mean that I believe he should be alive right now.



    Spoiler: In summation: show
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; August 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM.

  5. #19
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    I don't see Naruto or Sasuke dying in the war either, to be honest. With what Kishi is doing, I don't know if Tobi himself will die as opposed to being redeemed. Considering the theme, there'd be no reason for him to kill Naruto, nor would he want to kill Sasuke (for Naruto's sake).

  6. #20
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    927
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    The way I see it is...no one else is going to die during this war arc. And if anyone were to 'die' it'd be one or some, of the Edo Tensei. I do not think Kishi wants to create a real portrait of war in this Naruto War Arc. I read online that his inspiration to start the war arc involved that of his parents, grand parents, and past family members who lived through the horror days of Hiroshima. And he himself stated that he was glad that he was blessed to grow up in a non-warring period. That his main message he's trying to convey to his readers is that there is always hope, or that there is 'still' hope when things like war peak their ugly faces in the worst of times and the best of times.
    Naruto is that hope. The odd one out, the underdog, the jack of all trades, the talk-no-jutsu character, who exceeds all bounds of a natural person. A natural human being used to family and friends would be afraid of Kurama/Nine-Tailed Fox, and would imprison him due to fear. We saw a perfectly bliss example of that in the current shippuden episode released recently. But a person like Naruto...someone who's taken the time to know a little bit about everyone and everything 'being' like the tailed beasts. He wants to be friends with them; be honest, would you ever want to befriend a mythical demon like Kurama if you had no shred of an idea of his past? You probably wouldn't, but this kid Naruto does.
    Don't look at this war arc for gore or deaths anymore. Look at this war arc for the story it is trying to tell; it's why it continues its se of flash back in almost every chapter. That is human, each and everyone one of us thinks about their past at least once a day...the thing that makes them, who they are. One Piece isn't beautifully drawn, I rather dislike the shapes and designs of it's current characters, but people don't look at it for just it's artwork, they look at it for it's creative take on the world of the pirates. One Piece became somewhat popular because of the Pirates of the Caribbean craze that happened way back when...but anyway, like I said, right now it's one of the most popular mangas in the world because of the great story it is telling.
    The reason why Naruto is taking the hit is taking right now is because people look on the outside of it's shell and don't try to delve down deep into the real spirit of the manga that Kishimoto is trying to put forth. I've said a lot...my main point is...Kishimoto didn't real mean for anyone important in this war to die...the fact that we got even Neji was most-likely just a little fan-service at best because people are complaining non-stop.

  7. #21
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    Should anyone die?

    Yeah.

    Will anyone die?

    Ha ha ha ha ha. No way. That might actually cause some authentic emotion and trauma!
    There'll be some cheap, unsatisfying sentiment when the remaining Edos depart for afterlife points west, but that'll be about it.

    If anyone other than Obito actually kicks it, I'll be so utterly gobsmacked that I may completely lose my ability to be cynical and flippant for as many as twelve whole seconds.

  8. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member katon_style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Albania
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    It's not simply killing main shinobis without reason here simply for blood and carnage.Kishi made naruto defeating his hatred at the waterfall of truth.Now here we have a war and a much confident naruto that beleives that with the help of his friend everyone can protect eachother back and everything can be achieved.Kishi killed Neji and for a moment naruto was loosing his confidence but hinata helped im in that instant to regain himslefe again.Now i am really curious of how would react Naruto if someone very close to him is killed?for example Sakura,Shikamaru,Tsunade,Kakashi?Will he go berserk again?Will the hatred re-emerge on him?That's the real reason we need a top star death.

  10. #23
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    927
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    Quote Originally Posted by katon_style View Post
    It's not simply killing main shinobis without reason here simply for blood and carnage.Kishi made naruto defeating his hatred at the waterfall of truth.Now here we have a war and a much confident naruto that beleives that with the help of his friend everyone can protect eachother back and everything can be achieved.Kishi killed Neji and for a moment naruto was loosing his confidence but hinata helped im in that instant to regain himslefe again.Now i am really curious of how would react Naruto if someone very close to him is killed?for example Sakura,Shikamaru,Tsunade,Kakashi?Will he go berserk again?Will the hatred re-emerge on him?That's the real reason we need a top star death.
    I highly doubt it will happen. All the main characters have been given plot armor. The 5 Kages were on the verge of death...what'd we get? 2-3 panels of Orochimaru showing up to heal them and leave. Who in this war is actually taking damage? Fodder Ninja, Edo Tensei'd Ninja, and recently a foddered main character named Neji died by a simple stake while trying to save Naruto....while Tsunade was cut in half and still managed to live.
    The point of the war now is for everyone to protect each other, like I said...Kishimoto is trying to pound this message of 'there is always hope' into our heads, chapter after chapter. If anyone is going to die in the next few chapters it'd have to be a Edo Tensei, or some fodder ninja.

  11. #24
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    Palau
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    that's right naruto the best. that girl should die!
    anyway she's useless now.
    some other important characters should die too. it's needed.
    Last edited by benelori; August 26, 2013 at 05:19 AM.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #25
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    927
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    I doubt Kishimoto will want to play the 'death of love interest gives final power up' card again...he's already milked that with the character of Obito. Plus Sakura is a main character of the main character lists...Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura have the most plot armor out of every shinobi in the Narutoverse. Sure we may see a panel of her getting severely hurt but eventually she's going to get healed.
    Last edited by benelori; August 26, 2013 at 05:19 AM.

  14. #26
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think majority of the Alliance should die without any chance of being brought back to life. It'd add so much to the arc and scene because currently, I'm betting no one thinks the Alliance is in danger. At least, not the hokage, Naruto, and Sasuke. Taking out majority of the Alliance would kill the thought and make us realize that anyone could die. Plus, I love destruction and terror.
    i agree

    GIVE THE WAR SOME MEANING

    i also believe that this will not "save the plot" however as it sits madara and juubito are by far the most powerful villains in the entire manga, and have barely succeeded in causing any damage at all

    which is a joke

  15. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Iran
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    Really , kishi is too busy that showing us thst naruto can save everone at anytkme .....

    Kishi using most childish path to make his wortless main chacter hero .... " hey readers , naruto is greatest hero in all stories , becajs he saved everyone arses so many time that even i can't count it "

    Even neji death was for naruto , kisni just wat to show us that naruto won't broke if one of his comrade dies ....


    Bullshits ....
    خداحافظ

  16. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    KONOHA
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    Quote Originally Posted by mangapal View Post
    that's right naruto the best. that girl should die!
    anyway she's useless now.
    some other important characters should die too. it's needed.
    ,Thanks pal..We have the same taste.!..

    Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    I doubt Kishimoto will want to play the 'death of love interest gives final power up' card again...he's already milked that with the character of Obito. Plus Sakura is a main character of the main character lists...Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura have the most plot armor out of every shinobi in the Narutoverse. Sure we may see a panel of her getting severely hurt but eventually she's going to get healed.
    ,Oh man you’re back. Good to see yah around again here. But you took the Sakura statement seriously...

    ,On topic: I understand your point about Kishi’s revelation: There is always a ’Hope’. But its concept can be sufficed even if relevant deaths are made evident in this war. Such ‘hope’ made Jiraiya surrender himself and put the rest on Naruto. Such ‘hope’ let Minato sacrificed himself. Such ‘hope’ let Itachi die on the hands of his brother. Meaning even with substantial deaths, such concept can still be seen, which is somehow poor in this war. The current adversary’s power is damn too great that it would somehow leave us the question of their prowess if they won’t manage to give us substantial kills, except for fodders and characters like Neji whom many people don’t give a phuck about in Part II. As what I’ve said In the chapter discussion thread, let BLOOD explore here – it’s a war after all!

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #29
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    as long as its not bee im cool with it

  19. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the Milky Way Galaxy
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    697
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: DO you think any one from the alliance should die at this stage ???

    The alliance should have DIED AGES AGO. Madara had more then enough power to wipe them out. There just the nasty side order that you don't want with your actual food you know? But the main characters and secondary characters should have stayed. Like neji....

    I'm mad now.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts