Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Haki breaking the balance?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Haki breaking the balance?

Quote Originally Posted by bromains View Post

There are 2 different types of logia in my eyes.

1. The logia with Elements of offensive traits
    2. The logia with Elements that dont.

people of the first kind are like, Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji, They all have an element with overwhelming offensive potential, akianus magma is dangerous to the touch its offensive power will melt anything and allows great destructive attacks, Kizarus light allows attacks at light speed, an unbeatable speed and powers with such high piercing ability they go through anything. Aokijis ice is all about form and how you use it its very free in both offense and defense.

people of the second kind, smoker, and caribou, Smokers cloud enables quick movement and flight along with transporting his body but it doesnt hold near the level of the first kind and depends much more on physical strength (like luffys fruit) than the use of the element itself, Caribous use is for storing other weapons which depends on your own efficiency with them along with that he has abilities to restrain others but the literal "danger" is almost none, its mud.

Comparing Ace and Caribou i wouldnt bother with for ur example of proficiecy of the devil fruits, since caribous ability is fairly limited in destructive power and he mostly uses it for weapons which depends more on physical strength
    Yeah that's true, in destructive power ace definitely comes out on top, no question about it. But I think that a novice with the mera mera no mi would lose against an experienced numa numa no mi user. There are so many factors to take into account as well, Is caribous fruit capable of more offensive moves than storing weapons? I'd like to think so. And then there's the element of surprise, Haki knowledge/strength, many things to factor in. As I wrote a few posts above this one:

Experience matters
    Edit: I took the liberty of correcting your mistake (you wrote the first kind twice) hope you dont mind.
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; August 24, 2013 at 04:32 PM.
    The three brothers

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the reason why the new world is so powerful is because there will be a lot of logia type, and Haki is the only counter to that, and it's suppose to be the land of monster, so it's like haki is something everyone have, so it wont exactly be a problem. It's just who has the stronger haki

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

what i say is modern snipers, do everything for you and you just have to pull a trigger, the freaking sniper almost aims itself
    while bow on the other hand, you have to do everything

same with some fruits
    you blast lethal elemental stuff on the other person...i mean how hard can it be?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the enemy from as easy as blowing air to as hard as the immovable shield. Do you honestly believe Ace, Sakazuki, Kuzan and Borsalino were as good as they were on the first day of using their fruits? The previous admiral trio were massively experienced marine officers with powerful haki, while Ace did aim for top in the NW himself, even if that was to help his dad Newgate. They did train, test things out, created techniques on their own, it's not as easy as you make it seem. Yeah using such an offensive ability may not be hard, but controling and shaping it will have been no walk in the park. Not gonna say that some aren't overpowered to begin with.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

exactly

ofc the personal effort goes in the equation

but some fruits are lethal to begin with
    example in previous convo, i said about earthquake fruit, and i got countered cause BB was damaging his own crew with the earthquakes
    well, since, he unleashed the firepower of the fruit in minutes

ofc those people with their fighting spirit and clever mind find more delicate attacks
    but in the end an avalanche of magna/ice or a rain of lightning/lasers is lethal, no matter how you look at it

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Is Haki breaking the balance?

Quote Originally Posted by vasilis View Post
    some fruits give so much raw power, that even without mastering the fruit...
    example, light fruit
    you have a jedi throwing freaking laser beams its awesome more or less
    while other fruits, like luffy need more creativity rather than just shooting elemental stuff
    Your point is way out of proportion. I get what you're saying but it simply doesn't work for the examples you have given.
    What on earth makes you think it was easy for Kizaru to perform a Raining Light beams, Light Saber, Free movement at the Speed of Light??
    It is implied Kizaru has had his fruit for a similar amount of time that Sakazuki and Aokiji did, so he is likely to have had it for over 2 decades.

That alone tells you that the Light fruit is extremely hard to fine-tune and master.
    I'm pretty sure if a random guy ate the Light fruit like Jango or Mr.9, they WOULD NOT be able to send light-kicks that cause massive explosions all whilst half-asleep.
    Sure its a Hack fruit, but it is by no means easy to use.

Blackbeard has been studying how to use the Darkness fruit for a decade, so that's the only reason why he was able to use his quickly.
    Do you think it didn't take any Creativity for Kizaru to focus his light energy into a beam that could reflect across mirrors neatly to help him practically teleport away?

Capone Bege's Fruit is unbelievably hack, yet his bounty was only 138mil.
    Hack fruits don't ruin any balance in the series since Foxy has the Nero Nero beam which slows down time for 30 seconds.
    Foxy sucks and is pathetic.
    If we gave Zoro the fruit which can slow his enemies down by 30secs, then we have what is a borderline Admiral at a minimum on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by vasilis View Post
    ofc those people with their fighting spirit and clever mind find more delicate attacks
    but in the end an avalanche of magna/ice or a rain of lightning/lasers is lethal, no matter how you look at it
    The trick is, Aokiji, Kizaru and Akainu are in their 50s. So Oda has made it that all those with ridiculously hack fruits are people have been training with their fruits for many, many years.
    This means that despite their Hack fruit, it is OBVIOUSLY difficult to be able to create a rain of Light, Magma or Ice since this is one of the best moves of people who have had the fruit for 2 decades
    Law is the only young person with a ridiculously hack fruit, and he has had to train hard to get the fruit to this level.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I think haki was the best shit oda come up it...cause luffy was never be able to hit smoker. And logia was soo overpower. Noting could hit then. But they could hit you. I mean oda would not make scuses about a logia user get hit and get beat..croco and enel...but dont worry cause logia also got haki. Cause if they dont. They would not be able to hit other logia user

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Your point is way out of proportion. I get what you're saying but it simply doesn't work for the examples you have given.
    What on earth makes you think it was easy for Kizaru to perform a Raining Light beams, Light Saber, Free movement at the Speed of Light??
    It is implied Kizaru has had his fruit for a similar amount of time that Sakazuki and Aokiji did, so he is likely to have had it for over 2 decades.

That alone tells you that the Light fruit is extremely hard to fine-tune and master.
    I'm pretty sure if a random guy ate the Light fruit like Jango or Mr.9, they WOULD NOT be able to send light-kicks that cause massive explosions all whilst half-asleep.
    Sure its a Hack fruit, but it is by no means easy to use.

Blackbeard has been studying how to use the Darkness fruit for a decade, so that's the only reason why he was able to use his quickly.
    Do you think it didn't take any Creativity for Kizaru to focus his light energy into a beam that could reflect across mirrors neatly to help him practically teleport away?

Capone Bege's Fruit is unbelievably hack, yet his bounty was only 138mil.
    Hack fruits don't ruin any balance in the series since Foxy has the Nero Nero beam which slows down time for 30 seconds.
    Foxy sucks and is pathetic.
    If we gave Zoro the fruit which can slow his enemies down by 30secs, then we have what is a borderline Admiral at a minimum on our hands.

The trick is, Aokiji, Kizaru and Akainu are in their 50s. So Oda has made it that all those with ridiculously hack fruits are people have been training with their fruits for many, many years.
    This means that despite their Hack fruit, it is OBVIOUSLY difficult to be able to create a rain of Light, Magma or Ice since this is one of the best moves of people who have had the fruit for 2 decades
    Law is the only young person with a ridiculously hack fruit, and he has had to train hard to get the fruit to this level.
    But zoro got a better devil fruit.. The badass badass no mi . Zoro make hes opponent freeze or lose they mind.....dont believe me. Ask monet or those guys from sab arc.
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner uberfayt's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

haki power makes sence and does not need to have any restrictions. Just think of the world of one piece as 3 stages: the first one is the 4 oceans, here you don't see many fruit users yet alone haki users, all the strong guys head for the second stage, the Grand line (first half). This is the place for ruthless pirates to make a name for themselves and most of them are DF users. And finally you have the new world where only a selected few can survive, and haki is a must, which means that from now on emphasis will be on haki rather than fruits power alone. It also means that now only logia users with haki could survive (as demonstrated with caribou who got his ass handed to him by pekoms).

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a big part of the issue here is that basically anyone who has taken mastery of haki to a certain level will invariably be extremely strong. As only a hax character would be able to truly master haki it would naturally seem unfair to those with weaker or no haki. So luffy for instance would seem to be a hax enemy against anyone without haki... However the issue here is not that haki is impossible to fight, the issue here is that haki is in most cases a characteristic of the strong. So its not that haki is unbalanced, its just that the people with it will almost invariably be exceptional.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    So its not that haki is unbalanced, its just that the people with it will almost invariably be exceptional.
    If done right it would be a exponential curve up. Copy is one of those characters. All NW capable marine forces are within the VAs or admirals, so we won't see any suprises from that party. It's true that the NW is really a new world in every sense for those moving there from the Paradise.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

"Breaking" the balance?! It's actually reestablishing a balance by bringing back at least a chance to beat the all-mighty logia users if one isn't lucky enough to have "natural enemy" abilities.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Haki isn't breaking the balance, it's bringing back the balance by giving normal users and inferior devil's fruit users a way to fight back against logia and paramecia. Without haki, there's almost no way to hit logia users or damage paramecia users, and even those with haki can be fought against. Luffy managed to fight and best Hancock's sisters, did he not? Despite not having haki to combat their haki.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Haki too OP, new meta. Oda please nerf!!!

jokes aside i think in the new world ppl ought to have some sort of ability to control haki.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshua019 View Post
    Haki too OP, new meta. Oda please nerf!!!

jokes aside i think in the new world ppl ought to have some sort of ability to control haki.
    Since you said "jokes aside" I'm assuming you mean controlling other peoples' ability to control haki?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    Since you said "jokes aside" I'm assuming you mean controlling other peoples' ability to control haki?
    I meant that all everyone in the new world should have haki, which is not the case. hence haki is not breaking the balance.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast