Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Second day in the NW

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Second day in the NW

I just noticed... It has only been two days since the SH entered the NW and landed on Punk Hazard, hasn't it?

The only night they had was just before the morning papers, and this is the actual day.

So here is my point : are the islands in the NW closer to each other than in the beginning of the GL?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Second day in the NW

Well Islands have different sizes as well, remember how long it took to reach Alabasta's capitol when they had already reached the island? Some islands are more adjacent than others, and some aren't.
    The three brothers

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really feeling the dangers of New World climate, to be honest. Dofla and his henchmen being able to get to PH from Dressrosa in a couple of hours or less was a big stretch for me. I guess Oda had to sacrifice some things in order to make the story progress faster and give it a fast pacing. Doflamingo seems like a big idiot now for not securing PH better, especially since it's so close to his kingdom. I hope it takes at least few days for them to get to next major island.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call traveling the NW sea exactly "easy". It felt so just this once because 'mingo and Buffalo were able to fly thanks to their powers (although how the former manages it is still a mystery) - which isn't any different from the real world, where aeroplanes made traveling incredibly faster, easier and safer compared to the perils of the sea. To a regular ship, I guess the sea is still as dangerous as we expect it to be.

But yeah, it wouldn't hurt to see a bit more adventure at sea for the next island. I too am hoping that those short distances will be a specificity of Punk Hazard.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer View Post
    I wouldn't call traveling the NW sea exactly "easy". It felt so just this once because 'mingo and Buffalo were able to fly thanks to their powers (although how the former manages it is still a mystery) - which isn't any different from the real world, where aeroplanes made traveling incredibly faster, easier and safer compared to the perils of the sea. To a regular ship, I guess the sea is still as dangerous as we expect it to be.

But yeah, it wouldn't hurt to see a bit more adventure at sea for the next island. I too am hoping that those short distances will be a specificity of Punk Hazard.
    most likely puts strings on himself and holds himself up in the air, or he has a wire going from the islands and jus rides it after attaching strings to himself

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bromains View Post
    most likely puts strings on himself and holds himself up in the air, or he has a wire going from the islands and jus rides it after attaching strings to himself
    yup yup! Or connected to his subordinates, seemed like the airway he took to punk hazard came to an end when he found buffalo and baby.5's heads.

The three brothers

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I'm not really feeling the dangers of New World climate, to be honest. Dofla and his henchmen being able to get to PH from Dressrosa in a couple of hours or less was a big stretch for me. I guess Oda had to sacrifice some things in order to make the story progress faster and give it a fast pacing. Doflamingo seems like a big idiot now for not securing PH better, especially since it's so close to his kingdom. I hope it takes at least few days for them to get to next major island.
    Traveling by sea != traveling by air. The harsh situation is on the ground level, what are they to expect in the air besides the ocassional and likely more and more prominent storms? While Doffy and Bufally could take the easier route, the Sheart alliance had taken the more dangerous and faster one to get to Dressrosa within a day.

Just look at all the places/seas they came through on their from PH to DR. It's just that Nami is that good of a navigator.^^

Spoiler: Warning: Huge picture show
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 26, 2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Bufally :P
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's sure Nami roxx
    Also I also understood by seeing the image that they are going faster than never on the see : they are surfing !
    That helped the SH to reach Dressrosa faster, but they left PK in the evening and arrived on Dressrosa before 3pm (the second edition of the newspaper).
    They also had law to help !

Anyway, the fastest way to go is by air : Dofla made it really fast in comparaison to the SH, and Buffalo so more faster... Sanji could make it but I think he may be totally useless after it cause of being tired !

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoker didn't fly to Punn Hazard but he still reached it extremely fast. I agree with Razh on that part and we know geography is not Oda forte

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhm, no. They had two nights.

They reunited on the first day, then arrived at Fishman Island. Keimi takes the day off, they fight and defeat Hody and his gang, then party through the night. Next (chapter 652, I think) we see Keimi working again, they leave, arrive at Punk Hazard several hours later. Eventually they leave and sail to Dressrosa while sleeping through the second night. So we're on the third day.

Pekoms and Tamago have still atleast two days of sailing.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone somewhere (I forgot where, sadly) made a timeline of ONE PIECE, and it turns out that the things that were happening pre-time skip only amounted to a few months; therefore, the Strawhat crew members technically spent more time with their mentors than they have with each other.

Hopefully in the upcoming arcs in the New World, the Strawhats will spend more than a day in each island/sailing rather than everything happening in an hour like an episode of 24. Obviously Oda won't have to write out each day, but it'd be nice to show just how time consuming it is to get to Raftel/One Piece- otherwise people like Whitebeard or Blackbeard during the two year span would have already reached it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how you can create a correct time-line when Oda never provided the time they spent in between the islands. It was clear that they would spend more time with their mentors than with each other to begin with though.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the islands in New World depend. Some could be close to each other, or closer than in Grand LIne, while some can be far apart. You judged too quickly so early on, considering we've only seen them go to two or three islands in the New World.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Samui : I'm talking about the real New World. In the Fishermen Island, they can have rest some day, we don't really know (I'm not sure but I remeber a note about "several days later" or something like that, I might be wrong !).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sproumfch View Post
    @ Samui : I'm talking about the real New World. In the Fishermen Island, they can have rest some day, we don't really know (I'm not sure but I remeber a note about "several days later" or something like that, I might be wrong !).
    When they left Fishman Island they were caught in the White Stream Current, which is a FAST current, which had taken them deeper into the New World right to Punk Hazard. They skipped the first islands. There was no indication that more than several hours at best have passed in between.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast