Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] UQ Holder! by AKAMATSU Ken

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, these characters are looking reeeeally awesome. Glad there is still something to be discovered even after all the things we saw in Negima.

The plot thickens. Can't wait for the next chapter!
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jacke12's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the best kind of Immortality in this chapter, setting a save point.

Welcome to the Happy train! Enjoy your Ride.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The save point girl is so hnnnnnnnnng

I'm really surprised (in a positive way) Akamatsu-sensei managed to not make almost all the characters girls
    But who knows how many traps he will manage to sneak into this manga...(looking at you, Kuroumaru)
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I was happy to hear Akamatsu-Sensei writing another manga and making it a sequel to Negima as I was 1 of the people who wasnt too hot with the ending there.

After that thou I wasnt so sure where this manga will go with older Eva and Negi's grandson(dont think he is but maybe he took his attitude from Nagi so he is...) as he was too happy-go-lucky. He seemed a modern Luffy with a little more intellect to be honest.... Also as mentioned I am mighty suprised that there was no panty shots every other page....Not to mention only 5th chapter seemed to be Akamatsu flavour with the towel challenge....

till this page I was not so sure how this manga will go or whether it will have any direction other than "Let's go To the Tower". I think with this cahpter things will move to a better direction than I originally thought. I liked the UQs leader he reminds me of Asakura...

Hopefully we can have a more thourough retelling of the events after the Negima without watering down this story since I want these chars. to stand alone.

P.S: I want Pactio to return thou....

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Kodansha USA will be releasing HQ Holder in English starting spring 2014:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...dly-sins-manga

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I have read the first chapter of this serie, and I read in the news is a prequel of Negima, which I haven't read. I wonder... should I read first Negima or it's also ok to read this first?

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    Kodansha USA will be releasing HQ Holder in English starting spring 2014:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...dly-sins-manga

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I have read the first chapter of this serie, and I read in the news is a prequel of Negima, which I haven't read. I wonder... should I read first Negima or it's also ok to read this first?
    so far it seems there is distinct connection but it might get complicated depending what Akamatsu-sensei wants. there will be allusions which might be a little problematic ... thou Negima is a pretty good to read except the ending which sucked big time.... (It started as a classic Akamatsu Harem and evolved to a great action manga.and according to rumour Akamatsu and Kodansha had problems which resulted in a bad ending....)

as for the connections The tower and Yukihime which was a major char. as Evangaline A.K Mcdonald thou her personality is changed so much for now and Ofc. Negi Springfield Touta's supposed grandfather was the MC in Negima. and it is a sequel not prequel....

---------- Post added October 17, 2013 at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was October 12, 2013 at 01:04 AM ----------

This manga will take more chapters to find its proper rythm it seems. We can now say the focus is definetly on Immortality and it's braoder effects (yeah I know the title say it all but....). Akamatsu-sensei is using his standing to make the story evolve slowly and isnt rushing things which isnt always good but he is some1 who can get it together so I am not worried.....too much ( I am Negima traumatized). Last time I said Leader reminds me of Asakura in design but this chapter gave Takamichi feeling with a dash of Kotarou....

Next chapter I expect a good fight that might also be the time Touta get the sword he is seen holding in the 1st chapter center art..... (or he and Kuroumaru will get their asses handed to them and Leader will save them either way it will be good.)

Last thing is I kinda want Kuro to assert himself a little better right now he is no better than a hanger-on.....

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    This manga will take more chapters to find its proper rythm it seems. We can now say the focus is definetly on Immortality and it's braoder effects (yeah I know the title say it all but....). Akamatsu-sensei is using his standing to make the story evolve slowly and isnt rushing things which isnt always good but he is some1 who can get it together so I am not worried.....too much ( I am Negima traumatized). Last time I said Leader reminds me of Asakura in design but this chapter gave Takamichi feeling with a dash of Kotarou....

Next chapter I expect a good fight that might also be the time Touta get the sword he is seen holding in the 1st chapter center art..... (or he and Kuroumaru will get their asses handed to them and Leader will save them either way it will be good.)

Last thing is I kinda want Kuro to assert himself a little better right now he is no better than a hanger-on.....
    You're definitely right. Nothing that Ken Akamatsu writes will get cancelled (in fact, it'll always sell), so he does have more time to develop a story and is under less pressure than he might otherwise be.

We're all Negima traumatized.

Well, I was thinking of the Leader as Takamichi/Godel. If he were purely Takamichi, he would've just helped them or something.

We already have Kotarou as the protagonist (plus the Negi "I want to be friends with everyone" thing), so I don't think we need any Kotarou anywhere else in this manga.

If you think about it, Kotarou always talked about being Negi's rival, but he was sort of just a hanger-on for a lot of the manga, so it's not that strange that Kuromarou is essentially playing Kotarou's old role.

Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
    It's good that you posted the link, but you're kind of late on this one.

Spoiler show

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    You're definitely right. Nothing that Ken Akamatsu writes will get cancelled (in fact, it'll always sell), so he does have more time to develop a story and is under less pressure than he might otherwise be.

We're all Negima traumatized.

Well, I was thinking of the Leader as Takamichi/Godel. If he were purely Takamichi, he would've just helped them or something.

We already have Kotarou as the protagonist (plus the Negi "I want to be friends with everyone" thing), so I don't think we need any Kotarou anywhere else in this manga.

If you think about it, Kotarou always talked about being Negi's rival, but he was sort of just a hanger-on for a lot of the manga, so it's not that strange that Kuromarou is essentially playing Kotarou's old role.
    Godel I am not so sure, he was more sadistic and opportunistic than this guy(thou smaller sample size). Kotarou feeling comes from the way he recited the event between himself and Yukihime I guess.

As for Kuro that was exactly the case I was trying to make. You have some1 who can be a great char. and all it amounts to is hanger-on. Kotarou could be a better char. but couldnt. So maybe Kuro will have his moments to shine (he at least has the Shinmeiryuu as his skill he has a chance). I kinda want a better char. growth this time around as he seems OK for omitting panty shots this time around. ( Dont know trap shots....)

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    Godel I am not so sure, he was more sadistic and opportunistic than this guy(thou smaller sample size). Kotarou feeling comes from the way he recited the event between himself and Yukihime I guess.

As for Kuro that was exactly the case I was trying to make. You have some1 who can be a great char. and all it amounts to is hanger-on. Kotarou could be a better char. but couldnt. So maybe Kuro will have his moments to shine (he at least has the Shinmeiryuu as his skill he has a chance). I kinda want a better char. growth this time around as he seems OK for omitting panty shots this time around. ( Dont know trap shots....)
    Perhaps. We'll see more of what happens with the Leader going forward. Godel wasn't really evil or bad or anything, he just was stuck in a bad situation and he decided to use Negi. Once Takamichi showed up, Godel reverted to his old self.

We've already gotten trap shots of Kuro. The one in the latest chapter has him looking sort of like a girl with hair covering his pecs.

In terms of Shinmeiryuu, well, Setsuna had it as her skill of choice, but she rarely got screentime. Most of the screentime she did get was yuri longings or yuri fanservice.

---------- Post added October 18, 2013 at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was October 17, 2013 at 09:54 AM ----------

So, yeah, um, chapter nine's out. http://www.mangapanda.com/uq-holder/9

The Leader had an interesting backstory, we get a King Arthur moment, and now Akamatsu's taken a week break. I'm not sure where UQ Holder's actually up to so I'm not sure whether there'll be a week off for us.

Spoiler show

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just not buying that Kuroumaru is a boy. It could just be a tease but IMO the chances for Kuroumaru to be female/neuter aren't too bad. I really hope this whole gender affair doesn't end like in Soul Eater (just not telling even when the series ends).

Story still has to pick up, but we can see some pointers what happened after the original Negima:
    -UQ Holder base could be the old Library Island
    -This sword could be a weapon associated to Albireo Imma (duh)
    -The architecture of Jinbei's underground base looks familiar...
    Last edited by HaiSuShi; October 19, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HaiSuShi View Post
    I'm just not buying that Kuroumaru is a boy. It could just be a tease but IMO the chances for Kuroumaru to be female/neuter aren't too bad. I really hope this whole gender affair doesn't end like in Soul Eater (just not telling even when the series ends).

Story still has to pick up, but we can see some pointers what happened after the original Negima:
    -UQ Holder base could be the old Library Island
    -This sword could be a weapon associated to Albireo Imma (duh)
    -The architecture of Jinbei's underground base looks familiar...
    I think that Kuromarou was originally male, but during the immortal curse process he may have become neuter or hermaphroditic.

Unless, of course, it was supposed to tell us that the Leader's lying and that he's actually Al.

We do know that Al was immortal, considering that he'd lived 2800 or 3000 years and was probably the strongest mage around.

Yes, clearly it was supposed to mention Al and that completely looked like Library Island and the area beneath it. Back in Negima, there was a "dragon" beneath Library Island as well.

Spoiler show

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I think that Kuromarou was originally male, but during the immortal curse process he may have become neuter or hermaphroditic.
    Hermaphroditic sounds right to me.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast