Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: how to access weekly shonen magazine online outside of US and Canada?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

how to access weekly shonen magazine online outside of US and Canada?

Hello, I live in Australia, am vision impaired and like to read manga. I usually just use the different scanlation sites to do this however once I found out that weekly shonen magazine was online I decided to support the authors for once, however it seems as though the web-based version is only available in the US and Canada. does anyone have an idea on how I could access this since I do not live in either location? I would use my Ipad but where I am we get bad signal strength so that is out of a question. Also, can anyone please tell me of any other distribution methods like this that I could possibly use?
    thanks for any help

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: how to access weekly shonen magazine online outside of US and Canada?

Until now there is no way to do it. I wrote WSJ about it, and they said they have no plans to change that situation in regards to virtual version only available in USA and Canada, atm.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the quick response, how long ago did you ask? I asked them a few days ago and got no response, do you know of any other services that are similar AND allow subscribing from outside the US on PC?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kira1000 View Post
    thank you for the quick response, how long ago did you ask? I asked them a few days ago and got no response, do you know of any other services that are similar AND allow subscribing from outside the US on PC?
    I asked some months ago when they began the virtual version. I live in Colombia. I suppose that can be a factor, since in my country there is no otaku culture at all, and if they are thinking on expanding the virtual version, first countries in sight would be 'English' countries, not 'Spanish'. About other similar services I don't know about it, but possibly I'm not the best guy at information in regards to it.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks, by thw way, @Kaiten I know they expanded, but what I am after is a way to utilize the PC subscription service outside of US and Canada, not the android/IOS app version.

---------- Post added August 29, 2013 at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was August 27, 2013 at 04:27 PM ----------

got a response to their message, here it is:

Thanks for your interest in Weekly Shonen Jump!

At this time, PC access is available only to our readers located in North America, as our website is restricted to North American use.

However, please be assured that we're working on offering our international readers more benefits and access with their WSJ subscriptions. We truly hope there is room for expansion in the future.

This got me thinking, what if I used a VPN while I was on the site, would there be any negative effects? I would simply opt out of any cards or other specials that require the physical address. unless they use verified by visa, anyone know if this is the case or my idea has worked for them?

New Reply