Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: What is/are your Favorite Magi Arc/s?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • First Dungeon Arc

2 6.67%
  • Kouga Arc

0 0%
  • Morgiana Arc

0 0%
  • Balbadd Arc

9 30.00%
  • Sindria Arc

4 13.33%
  • Zagan Arc

3 10.00%
  • Second Sindria Arc

0 0%
  • Aum Maudra Arc

0 0%
  • World Exploration Arc

3 10.00%
  • Magnostadt Arc: Truth Underneath

11 36.67%
  • Magnostadt Arc: The War

9 30.00%
  • Magnostadt Arc: The Medium

9 30.00%
  • Madly in Love Arc

2 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply

Thread: Favorite Arc

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Arc

This is where you can post your opinions about your favorite Arcs!!

What's you favorite arc(s)?

Mine would be the first Dungeon Arc and Sindria Arc. The dungeon arc for me had successfully shown Magi as an adventure manga. at first I thought that Magi will be full of Dungeon diving after this arc had finished, only to realize there's more about Magi. Plus this Arc made me become enthusiastic about the 1001/Arabian Nights. The Sindria Arc on the other hand, I just love the peacefulness, the fun and the introduction of the Eight Generals

Edit: I have separated the War Arc and named the other as Father Arc because the War Arc revolves about Reim and Magnostadt war, and then the Father arc should involve the fight between Aladdin and his group vs/ the black djinns, the Medium and Al Thamen.
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; August 26, 2013 at 09:57 PM.

+-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Arc

I have a hard time saying, because I feel like I've always liked this manga equally from start to finish, with each arc presenting at least one aspect that was simply amazing in some way. I'm one of the people that enjoys that political undertones (and overtones) in this manga, which is something I liked about Balbadd, and something that I LOVE about Magnostadt. So I suppose I can say that's one of the many reasons that Magnostadt, in my opinion, represents the best this manga has to offer and continues to up the ante by escalating things beyond comprehension. It made me upset when I saw people criticizing it for whatever reason because they just wanted to go back to Alibaba or Mor, but I think this arc has been awesome ever since we began getting hints at the nature of what Magnostadt really was.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ryuusu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohtaka has proven to be an amazing mangaka since the very beginning, so it's a bit of a challenge to say what's my favorite, but personally I'm highly enjoying this current father arc and it's quickly becoming the best in my opinion With so many unexpected twists and turns (after all, who would of guest that a war arc would turn into the a battle to stop the destruction of mankind and it's home), Ohtaka really leaves the reader wanting more. I hope future arcs are as skillfully developed as this one.

I also really enjoyed the Zagan arc only because it showed a side of Hakuryuu that made me adore him so much. I still do even after his 180 degree change in personality and I really miss him ;;

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hogwarts arc for me.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nensense View Post
    Hogwarts arc for me.
    yes i agree, it was awesome

the comedy, the action the drama

everything about the magnostadt arc was amazing. the character development the pace of the plot progression

everything about it is just amazing

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything I said back in August still stands now that the arc is done. Magnostadt was epic start to finish and even though I got nervous towards the end when things escalated towards an endgame fight, it turned out very good.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be including the Alibaba's Love arc, since it actually looks like a mini-arc. But I won't be adding up the current 2nd Balbadd arc since it hasn't finished yet

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member headless nick's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

dungeon arc : hooked me instantly that time , found something new and refreshing

balbadd arc : a great example of politics and shonen brilliantly mixed together and at the same time patient enough to introduce future players and creepy villains properly

zagan arc , pirate arc : had some epic moments and very good setting for the awesomeness that's coming next

magnosthtadt arc : one of the most well structured and balanced arcs in recent times .. loved this arc ... easily my favorite

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by headless nick View Post
    dungeon arc : hooked me instantly that time , found something new and refreshing

balbadd arc : a great example of politics and shonen brilliantly mixed together and at the same time patient enough to introduce future players and creepy villains properly

zagan arc , pirate arc : had some epic moments and very good setting for the awesomeness that's coming next

magnosthtadt arc : one of the most well structured and balanced arcs in recent times .. loved this arc ... easily my favorite
    i completely agree, this is one of the best arcs i can think of in any shounen manga recently. the political ramifications, the star power of all the major characters appearing around the same time, the societal impact of the different people, the growth of aladdin alibaba and mor
    overall just an excellent piece of work by ohtaka

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This poll is hardly a good sample of magi fans with only 17 people, but it's clear from at least us around here that the political arcs are the best. The most happened though in Balbadd and Magnostadt, but the politics were what made them good so it's good to see that people are fans of that. I have one issue though and that's the separation of Magnostadt, war, and father. This was all part of one amazing arc that simply spiraled out of control into something involving the whole world, but I would consider it all Magnostadt arc.

And Aum Madaura deserves an honorable mention because of how it ended, I'll never forget what Hakuryuu did there. Both of the things he did.
    Last edited by obamamania; January 14, 2014 at 08:40 PM.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    I have one issue though and that's the separation of Magnostadt, war, and father. This was all part of one amazing arc that simply spiraled out of control into something involving the whole world, but I would consider it all Magnostadt arc.

And Aum Madaura deserves an honorable mention because of how it ended, I'll never forget what Hakuryuu did there. Both of the things he did.
    Umm, I have to separate the whole Magnostadt into three because it's like the whole arc has three phases.
    It seems like, for me, the whole arc started when Aladdin started studying in Magnostadt right? Then there goes the issue of about the 5th Level District that was somewhat had gotten neglected when the arc went on its peak, the part when they knew who the real enemy was (the Medium). The war, on the otherhand, had only started when Mogamett refuse Scheherazade's offer. It had only put on a short stop right after Aladdin revealed his true identity. Because of these three events in the whole arc, it seems like there were things that had gotten neglected and forgotten as the arc progresses...

But I'll be renaming the choices so that it won't do anymore confusion
    Last edited by AlphaIkaros; January 15, 2014 at 09:01 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by obamamania View Post
    This poll is hardly a good sample of magi fans with only 17 people, but it's clear from at least us around here that the political arcs are the best. The most happened though in Balbadd and Magnostadt, but the politics were what made them good so it's good to see that people are fans of that. I have one issue though and that's the separation of Magnostadt, war, and father. This was all part of one amazing arc that simply spiraled out of control into something involving the whole world, but I would consider it all Magnostadt arc.

the manga is gaining momentum, i suspect this next arc may be even better

which makes sense as we are seeing more and more from all of the main characters including the ones who were not present in the first few arcs

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, didn't notice you changed the poll those options are good. I was just making an observation on how I viewed the arc though, not trying to criticize anyone =p And I agree that this next arc is going to probably be even better, especially after these last bombshells.....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Fluffcakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Madly in Love arc xD Alibaba is adorable ~
    I also like the Magnostadt Arc

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakura Saluja's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

My very fav was Balbadd arc ^^ I could meet Alibaba much better in that arc plus it was really interesting & amazing :33

New Reply