Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A winner for block D not thought of.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A winner for block D not thought of.

It seems that a lot of people think Cavendish is the likely winner for block D, possibly rebecca but mainly cavendish. I'm aware we don't know whose in block D other than them so we can only think of them. But theres someone i forgot about until now.

Diamante.

Here we find out hes the hero of the Coliseum, so we know that he participates frequently.

From this we know that he will also be in this tournament, and is most likely the main obstacle set up by DD in the Coliseum.

Unless you want to assume hes going to try to do it outside the coliseum but assuming thats not the case.

We know that he hasn't fought yet, and the only block left is D now we haven't heard from him about being in D but its the last so its a safe bet and im sure oda wants us to forget about Diamante, think that cavendish will win then luffy has to go through them, but i dont think diamante would lose and will an out of nowhere victory especially if they dont show much of the match until the end. Or a character to surprise you.

thoughts?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Czocza's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A winner for block D not thought of.

Try re-reading chapters from this arc.
    Every winer from every block is going to face opponents from DD family.

Quote Quote:
    with Diamante at the end.

Quote Quote:

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I still holding on to my hypothesis that block D may not happened, or at the very least, the next stage of the tournament will not happen.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weixiaobao View Post
    Well, I still holding on to my hypothesis that block D may not happened, or at the very least, the next stage of the tournament will not happen.
    If so, i dont know why oda presented all the strong characters of the Dblock

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KaosSyk View Post
    If so, i dont know why oda presented all the strong characters of the Dblock
    The same why he showed all the supernovas but didn't delve into all of them.
    And probably the same way all the White Beard captains showed up but not really specifically feature.

If you read my sentence, I said "may not." The "may" indicated a posibility but not certainty. And the second part of the sentence said, "at the very least," meaning I kinda accepted part D will happen but the second stage of the tournament has a stronger possibily than part D of not happen at all.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The same why he showed all the supernovas but didn't delve into all of them.
    And probably the same way all the White Beard captains showed up but not really specifically feature.

If you read my sentence, I said "may not." The "may" indicated a posibility but not certainty. And the second part of the sentence said, "at the very least," meaning I kinda accepted part D will happen but the second stage of the tournament has a stronger possibily than part D of not happen at all.
    We're talkng about the future chapters, ofc it's only possibilities, i'm just giving arguments on what i think will most probably happen next.

It's only the 2nd day on the NW for the SH, they just didn't have the occasion to meet all the supernovas or the WB crew but Oda doesnt forget them.
    He took so much time in developping the tournament thing that it seems absurd to interrupt it all of sudden

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KaosSyk View Post
    We're talkng about the future chapters, ofc it's only possibilities, i'm just giving arguments on what i think will most probably happen next.

It's only the 2nd day on the NW for the SH, they just didn't have the occasion to meet all the supernovas or the WB crew but Oda doesnt forget them.
    He took so much time in developping the tournament thing that it seems absurd to interrupt it all of sudden
    Why not?? the army is already moving forward and heading out. Chaos will ensue. And up course with what happened this chapter (in which I cannot discuss). How can the tournament take place?? over the water?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not?? the army is already moving forward and heading out. Chaos will ensue. And up course with what happened this chapter (in which I cannot discuss). How can the tournament take place?? over the water?
    And what if Trebol was a Glue Glue no Mi eater? He would use some ultimate glue shit to fix the fighting place. And here we go.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this theory make sense and rereading the latest chapters all the tension slowly concentrate in and under the colliseum, except for the DD / Law / Fuji case, and with the battles that are announced in the tournament with such strong fighters it cant finish before everybody. Moreover cavendish and barto are against luffy and a fight would disqualify them ... Yep, my bad, though the Dblock will begin as luffy won

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Czocza View Post
    Try re-reading chapters from this arc.
    Every winer from every block is going to face opponents from DD family.

with Diamante at the end.
    pic images don't work bu thanks for the info atleast ill take ur word on it. im confused though. So 4 winners, then they all fight 1 on 1 against DD family? Which would leave 4 winners who then what?

REad the pics myself and it makes 0 sense to me.

Theres 4 winners from blocks. then theres 5 DD family. In what order does this possible go?

Block winners vs 4 DD
    the winners of that split into 2 groups of 1v1
    Then the winners from that face off
    then that winner fights Diamante? Thats just making this shit 1000x longer.

If this is true theres no way the tournament won't get interrupted. Actually i think since oda hasn't explained how the last matchs go it probably means it wont come to them. who knows forsure though.
    Last edited by Greasybuttsex; August 30, 2013 at 05:47 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there's a good chance Block D won't be held, or finished at least. The podium is split into 2 parts and conflicting parties are starting to move. I don't see the tournament proceeding as intended until the end.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Czocza's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

The tournament was planned as...tournament.

4 people from DD family fight with winners from every bloc, so we have 4 winners which lead to next 2 fights and so on to the great final with Diamante.
    But I hope it will be interupted

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Czocza View Post
    The tournament was planned as...tournament.
    Look like you are missing the debate that has been raging for weeks in mangahelpers. I was in the camp that this arc isn't a tournament arc. By that I meant, the arc's goal isn't to produce a winner for the tournament. The tournament is a side plot to distract Luffy and now reveal to be the location of interest for a war that is coming.

Many people in mangahelpers are dissatisfy with this arc because they are judging it as a tournament arc (I supposed by the standard of Dragon Ball kind or way I think).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Look like you are missing the debate that has been raging for weeks in mangahelpers. I was in the camp that this arc isn't a tournament arc. By that I meant, the arc's goal isn't to produce a winner for the tournament. The tournament is a side plot to distract Luffy and now reveal to be the location of interest for a war that is coming.

Many people in mangahelpers are dissatisfy with this arc because they are judging it as a tournament arc (I supposed by the standard of Dragon Ball kind or way I think).

i,for one,think that block D would conclude as it should.the dwarves and all are ready to attack but by the time everyone is ready to take down the factory/ the firecrackers go off,block D should be finished.i think the second round would be really interesting if it happens,though i wonder if it would take place in arena.as there are many threads to the plot(i can think of four),maybe we could see diamante's fight as well.
    the artist reveals and i revel.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A portion of One Piece fandom always complains about the current arc. It's a fandom cliche, kind of like "the next Strawhat" or "Sabo is alive". People complained about Baroque Works, Skypeia, Water 7, Thriller Bark, Sabaody, The War, Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, and now Dressrosa. It's a fandom meme. The people change, but the discussion stays the same.

Dressrosa is not a tournament arc. But a tournament is part of the arc, and it will be seen to it's conclusion. Like it, or not, it is inescapable. Senor Pink, Lao G, Dellinger, Machvise, and Diamante will be defeated as part of the tournament, while the rest of the Donquixote Pirates will be fought in the Factory. C Block has already ended, D Block should start within a chapter or two. B Block only lasted three full chapters. D Block will probably finish right around the time Tontatta Tribe enter the Factory. There is no reason to believe the invasion will disrupt the tournament. It is not as if they plan on entering the Factory from the arena floor. They are going to launch a surprise attack through a secret entrance. Action in the Factory will proceed independently from the Tournament, until Diamante is defeated. At some point the two plot lines will have to intertwine, but not until the tournament is concluded.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Personally, I think Rebecca will win D Block. Getting to the next round would put her in close contact with Luffy. That way he can befriend her, she can explain specifically why she wants revenge against Doflamingo, and he can promise to help her get revenge. All of that can happen even if she does not reach the next round, but the set up is a lot easier if she wins.
    Last edited by Kaiten; August 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast