Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A winner for block D not thought of.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A winner for block D not thought of.

Rebecca could really have a chance if Suleyman is not as strong as he seems. Now that Cavendish knows Luffy's identity, he could be banned for attacking another fighter outside the ring, allowing Rebecca to go on.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Dressrosa is not a tournament arc. But a tournament is part of the arc, and it will be seen to it's conclusion.
    Hmm, I actually enjoy the tournament because a lot of the contestants (that is so call fillers) are actually at or above the preskipped supernovas level. But as I pointed out, a lot of what Oda do is not predictable. So if something is likely to happen, in Oda verse, that path is actually have less chance of happening unless it is one of the stricter shonen's rules

But, after Luffy beats Don Chinjao. Luffy could probably take 2 of whoever on the second round easily consider Franky's past feat.

Lastly, you are overrated Rebecca but anything could happen.

1) The old guy that associated with her is 3rd tier in this tournament
    2) She got upset over a guy that Luffy knock out in T-1 second
    3) She surprise at a lot of Luffy's feats.
    4) Cavendish blocked an enraged Don Chinjao.
    5) Orlumbus and Suleiman also has some screen time. They will probably not win. But they aren't push over.

I supposed even if she did win. She can't be comparable to the past 3 winners, or even the monster trio, or some of the stronger fighters in Punk Hazard. Not even the middle trio but I am jumping the gun because we seen almost nothing from her.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

I might be a little bit bias but Robin >>>>> Rebecca without any doubt period. Well except Sanji who doesn't fight "real" women in general, the 2 remaining are freaks from outer space so there is no comparison at all. It'd too obvious that the only way for her to win is Cavendish is disqualified because of fighting out side the match otherwise she has 0% or maybe Sanji helps her from behind but she's kinda useless on her own.

Even gods could not be absolutely certain whether they existed at the most fundamental level of reality or were themselves simulated.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca has not yet done anything. There is no way to properly rate her strength. My prediction is based purely on plot points, which I think favor her. Cavendish is strong, he could reasonably win B Block. I can't deny that. But something is happening to the losers, they seem to be disappearing. Either Rebecca or Cavendish will be taken away with the other losers. I imagine Luffy will (accidentally) find and rescue whomever loses. That role makes more sense for Cavendish. Luffy rescues him, he realized Luffy is actually a great guy, abandons (or at least acts tsundere about) his silly grudge, and helps Luffy fight the Donquixote Pirates. It seems like Rebecca has a deeper connection to Dressrosa. Luffy also needs a guide character, since he did not get to meet the Tantatta Tribe. If she loses, she'll be separated from Luffy too soon, before she can tell Luffy her story, and the history of Dressrosa. She could explain it later, but that could make the pacing a little more awkward.

I don't know if the winners of round one will actually have to fight each other. They might, but the rules for round two have not yet been revealed. Four blocks, four winners, four Donquixote Soldiers enrolled in the tournament. If the block winners fight each other, who fights the Donquixote Pirates?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity weixiaobao's Avatar
    i am reside within a creature that is bias
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I don't know if the winners of round one will actually have to fight each other. They might, but the rules for round two have not yet been revealed. Four blocks, four winners, four Donquixote Soldiers enrolled in the tournament. If the block winners fight each other, who fights the Donquixote Pirates?
    4 winners are meant to fight the 4 Donquixote pirates, but how the story is right now, I think they going to clash with everyone that is non Donquixote which meant anyone from the Strawhats, Law, any contestants, and or the army.

Don Chinjao may have another battle for this arc, I think.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Strawhats are not going to be at the tournament. They are going to enter the factory through a secret entrance. Zoro isn't even going straight to the factory. He's going to the beach first, to rescue Nami, Chopper, Brooke, and Momo. The tournament will go on undisturbed, while the Strawhats and Tantatto tribe fight in the Factory below. Law is in no position to do anything. It's hard to say what will happen, but he's not getting away from Doflamingo that easily.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Rebecca could really have a chance if Suleyman is not as strong as he seems. Now that Cavendish knows Luffy's identity, he could be banned for attacking another fighter outside the ring, allowing Rebecca to go on.
    I have a feeling Rebecca is stronger than she seems. She seems to be a star gladiator. I think there is going to be some sort of story about why she was "bullied" by Spartan. The taunting seemed to strike a nerve. Maybe their was a fix, or something like that, preventing a fair fight. D Block comes down to Rebecca or Cavendish, imo.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

C block has ended, and viewing the whole arc it's like if Oda would had planned that Don Chinjao's head is the key to open the factory's doors. So I think likely D block will not be played.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2