Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Should the Alliance just leave the fight to Naruto and co?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah they really are just a waste of chakra.

14 48.28%
  • Nope, they'll do something heroic, just wait.

15 51.72%
New Reply

Thread: Naruto " I know" review

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto " I know" review

Hello everyone and welcome to my review for Naruto 644.

Last week's chapter ended with a cliffhanger and I am glad I was able to correctly guess the solution to the problem, but before I continue gloating lets start from the beginning.

I had a feeling this Yin and Yang symbol would come up eventually, its really quite nice how Kishi uses Naruto and Minato as the "White Dot" in the Yin symbol and Dark Kurama's hand as the Black Dot in the yang symbol. The foxes talk to each other and its interesting to note how Yin Kurama says they were originally one entitiy, it makes me very curious how they will act once they combine together again.

In chapter 641 we had Shikimaru tell us how even a little bit of power can change the tide of this war. After seeing how incredibly powerful Obito and the former Hokages are, what brilliant plan has Shikimaru come up with? Why has he kept the Alliance so close to the fight instead of running? What will he do now?

Impressive...

Of course its not really his fault that they are useless, in any other situation Shikimaru would be right, yet all the Alliance have done so far is become a hindrance in the fight, they force the Hokages to protect them without contributing anything to the fight....so far. I'm sure Kishi will make one guy have some sort of observation or they will all do some massive attack and everyone will think that Shikimaru was right to stay, not really and till then I'll continue saying that the Alliance hanging around the fight is a really bad strategy.

I loved seeing Naruto telling Sasuke to be quiet and let him focus, now that I think of it though Sasuke hasn't been too effective in this fight, I have a feeling he'd be a better match against Madara since he hasn't shown any senjutsu so far to damage Obito with.

I like serious Naruto, reminds me of the same guy we saw bring down Pain and not the idiot that Kishi sometimes makes him out to be. Plus charging the entire Alliance with Chakra is quite badass.

Juugo followed Sasuke unlike the rest of the team that went with Orochimaru and we have seen Juugo in quite a few panels commenting on the fight or on Sasuke. Considering that his Cursed seal is a form of Natural energy, I get the feeling Juugo might be a big factor in bringing down Obito later.

Obito detonates a huge amount of chakra, wow we haven't seen that before have we?

If there's one thing I learned from this arc of Naruto, its that the bigger the explosion, the less damage it does, consider what killed Neji, a stick. Yet here we got nuclear attacks every 2 chapters and nobody has been hurt yet ( well bar the Alliance HQ but still...)

Obito surveys the situation and finds out nobody has been hurt by his 4 gigantic Bijuu bombs, I can honestly understand his frustrations since it seems that Plot-no-jutsu is just too strong now even for him. Still it was an interesting tactic to use a massive Thunder God Jutsu like that but how much Chakra will that cost Naruto? and if the Alliance wasn't around he would have been able to use all that energy to wound Obito instead.

I love Tobirama's sense of humor, especially considering how serious he was in the past.

The chapter ends with an emotional high by having Minato wish that he could have talked more to Naruto, but the fist bump currently going on between those two is enough for them to share all the feelings they have. Bumping fists has been quite a theme actually, in part 1 Sasuke says all it takes for two strong ninjas to understand each other is a single punch, while Bee uses his fist bump with friends and people he trusts.

Predictions

Lets see what predictions have I not made so far?
    The problem with making predictions is often times you end up repeating them since you expect something to happen it just hasn't happened yet so it would be annoying to mention every prediction every chapter.

Still this chapter I think points to two things for me. The first is that the Alliance will do something useful in the end, Kishi has made them so useless so far that in the end they will do something badass to redeem themselves from being saved 5 times.

And secondly Juugo is important to the story somehow, Probably due to his cursed seal somehow. Considering that the cursed seal is made of natural energy I think that Juugo will give every member of the alliance a small part of the Cursed seal, allowing all of them to use Natural energy and damage Obito.

Rating

I enjoy Naruto a lot but really a lot of these chapters feel very much the same to each other, its all Obito does an attack, some big save happens, everyone is excited, rinse and repeat.

Still I like version 12 of that scenario and give this chapter a 3.5 out of 5 thanks to Minato's pride in Naruto and Tobirama's humor.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto " I know" review

Quote Originally Posted by otomo20 View Post
    Still I like version 12 of that scenario and give this chapter a 3.5 out of 5 thanks to Minato's pride in Naruto and Tobirama's humor.

Yeah I agree. It was an okay chapter because of the little things. But overall it's just a repeated scenario...like kishi's repeating this scenario just so Naruto can get another power up. I think I'll just let you be the Reviewer of this week's chapter.
    Last edited by narutotheory; August 28, 2013 at 08:55 AM.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    Yeah I agree. It was an okay chapter because of the little things. But overall it's just a repeated scenario...like kishi's repeating this scenario just so Naruto can get another power up. I think I'll just let you be the Reviewer of this week's chapter.
    Honestly sometimes it gets tiring to review, its like nothing new is happening you know?

I feel like we've been through all this before in better and worse versions of the same story :/

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Brainiac13's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree.

Yes I know we have the same old ... impending doom ... miraculous save ... cycle going on. But why would the alliance leave. Naruto and the ET Hokages have saved them every time so far. If I was in the alliance I would have complete confidence in them by now ... don't you? Remember the cycle ...

I thought this chapter was quite special in the way Kishi handled the little things :-

-The 1st fist bump with Minato and Naruto - so simple yet conveys much
    -Gigantic Yin / Yang symbol
    -Saskuke deferring to Naruto - and I'm a Uchiha fan
    -Minato and Naruto all business yet still conveying emotion as men
    -Naruto taking charge - #$%^ just got serious

Things have really escalated in this chapter in view of the underlying tension and powerups (and positioning for powerups). A lot of the main characters are cameo's only with Naruto and Minato taking centre stage. Love Tobirama.

I actually cheered at some points. Ok I may have been drinking as well.

But overall a 4.5 /5. A great build up chapter compared to the others with an emphasis on characterisation. Magic.

PS: Loved your review. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by Brainiac13; August 29, 2013 at 02:18 AM.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant agree with you, the Alliance is meant to support Naruto and the ET kages, not stand around giving more " belief" to them. We don't need their confidence, we need them to help instead of be a waste of chakra.

I liked Naruto's attitude too, and telling Sasuke to shut up was just awesome, personally in terms of power ups I think Juugo will provide all the members of the alliance with his cursed seal and allow them all to use Sage energy, thats the only way I can see the Alliance become useful.

Glad you like my review, I appreciate comments all the time

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be noted that the Alliance has saved Naruto repeatedly since they first showed up. It's just that with the way things are right now there isn't much they can do without getting in the way.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the manga need to get more serious. For me, this means that the role of the alliance is over. Kishi need to remember that Juubito has power of Rikudo+Juubi+Uchiha. Madara has both ET+Madara+Hashirama+Rikudo.

Seriously, when I even heard that Sasuke can fight or help in this fight, I feel sorry for the fan. With all due respect, Sasuke has no power that can fight Madara or Obito except for new asspul. Likewise, I don't see any shot that Sasuke can use against Juubito if not another asspul. Clearly, Kishi never build Sasuke up to fight these two seeing as, overall, he is a lower copy of any great Uchiha.

Similarly, the SA has nothing to introduce itself to Juubito or ET Madara. Well thought, what can those fodders do where the gokages have failed. I even think it would be a very bad plot to bring the Gokages again, and make them count. This would be a bad fight.

In the best case, Kishi can nerf Obito and Make Naruto beat him in KM+Sage Mode since both of them give Naruto the only Juubito weakness and massive strength. Besides, Kishi has really built Naruto for the final fight. Full Kurama + SM + Gift from the other Bijus already confirmed to be present in NAruto along with Aura of Rinnegan as seen by Juubi.

It is time for Kishi to bring the showdown!

Note: Maybe Sasuke can help Hashirama defeat ET Madara, but still, I think and continue to say that Sasuke had no place in this war since the beginning. He is simply lost and Kishi need to build something up for him. Maybe, a new hatred or jalousy from seeing Naruto kick the big gun will make him team with Oro.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by so6pww View Post
    I think the manga need to get more serious. For me, this means that the role of the alliance is over. Kishi need to remember that Juubito has power of Rikudo+Juubi+Uchiha. Madara has both ET+Madara+Hashirama+Rikudo.

Seriously, when I even heard that Sasuke can fight or help in this fight, I feel sorry for the fan. With all due respect, Sasuke has no power that can fight Madara or Obito except for new asspul. Likewise, I don't see any shot that Sasuke can use against Juubito if not another asspul. Clearly, Kishi never build Sasuke up to fight these two seeing as, overall, he is a lower copy of any great Uchiha.

Similarly, the SA has nothing to introduce itself to Juubito or ET Madara. Well thought, what can those fodders do where the gokages have failed. I even think it would be a very bad plot to bring the Gokages again, and make them count. This would be a bad fight.

In the best case, Kishi can nerf Obito and Make Naruto beat him in KM+Sage Mode since both of them give Naruto the only Juubito weakness and massive strength. Besides, Kishi has really built Naruto for the final fight. Full Kurama + SM + Gift from the other Bijus already confirmed to be present in NAruto along with Aura of Rinnegan as seen by Juubi.

It is time for Kishi to bring the showdown!

Note: Maybe Sasuke can help Hashirama defeat ET Madara, but still, I think and continue to say that Sasuke had no place in this war since the beginning. He is simply lost and Kishi need to build something up for him. Maybe, a new hatred or jalousy from seeing Naruto kick the big gun will make him team with Oro.
    Agree with the first part, but I'm sure the Alliance will work together to do something useful, after doing nothing useful and having to be saved 5 times :/

Sasuke I don't think should be useful in this fight, but yeah Kishi will make him. Personally Juugo is more likely to help in this fight than Sasuke if he can spread his cursed seal.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post

i loved the humor and i loved the chapter. breezing through crucial character developments would have been a big mistake at this point. especially since Minato considers himself as the reason for the way the world is, not to mention, he hates himself for placing of all things, a demon in his son's care, thereby automatically making him an outcast. He didn't experience his son's life the way his chakra had, so for kishi to simply progress the story and breeze through Minato's feelings, and his son's resolve, would have been detrimental.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. I thought it was a good chapter - I will give it about a 4/5. I liked Tobirama.. very much. He is very knowledgeable and I agree he is funny as well.
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

New Reply