Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What is Aokiji's connection with BB Pirates ?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • He joined the crew

10 8.33%
  • He's working as an informer and vice versa

40 33.33%
  • He infiltrated BB crew in the name of justice

35 29.17%
  • Other

35 29.17%
New Reply
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 720 Discussion / 721 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner A c e's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 720 Discussion / 721 Predictions

Kind of off topic, but isn't it ironic that kinemon happens to have an ability to cut fire? I think that an enemy will obtain the fruit (perhaps cavendish). He also happens to be a swordsman. And Kinemon would face Cavendish.

I really hope we get to see Luffy vs Burgess. If Luffy loses to Burgess, he might aswell go back to the grand line since he can't defeat a yankou's first mate. So it's obvius to me that Luffy would be the victor.
    Last edited by A c e; September 06, 2013 at 02:40 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Didn't you read what I said? We don't know Rebecca's full story yet. There's probably more to it than you're thinking. Besides, Oda said there's no romance in this series, so whatever's between Rebecca and Thunderous Soldier of Rage can't be more than friendship.
    Quote Originally Posted by SBS
    D: Doesn't anyone on Luffy's crew fall in love? Will there never be a romance among crew members? (Sanji is an exception in this case) I'm just wondering. from Naoko

O: Of course they're in love... WITH ADVENTURE! (good one)
    Oda specifically refers to relationships's within the crew. Vivi and Kohza are very likely to have one, just not on panel, Roger & Rouge was such too. Makino surely had a baby with the man she loves. But that's not the point as it wouldn't be a major plot point and just connect these characters, a reason for them to stay together, to likely stay on Dressrosa.

Spoiler: from the New Nakama Thread show
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay i'm stating to get tired of this subject about who's joining the SH 's . This chap has so many interesting things in it and in the end we go back to the next nakama Be more on topic please

Bringing a little fresh air what do you guys think Burgess next move will be ? I for example am kinda disappointed in Luffy's reaction towards him and BB . I mean yeah i know he's still not on the lvl he can defeat BB but i wanted another reaction from him . For example i totally loved how he "greeted Big Mom " I loved that stupidity and it would have been better if he shutted BB's mouth somehow ....am i too selfish

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member enmymiguel's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I really love luffy reation to BB...like a mature person. Acting cool...
    Like saying, what i got with you is not about finding onepiece...what i got with you is personal and later i will get to you.

But i dont know what will happen with burgess cause hes really strong
    I must create a real village, until i demonstrate what a real kage is. I cant Die!

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Okay i'm stating to get tired of this subject about who's joining the SH 's . This chap has so many interesting things in it and in the end we go back to the next nakama Be more on topic please

Bringing a little fresh air what do you guys think Burgess next move will be ? I for example am kinda disappointed in Luffy's reaction towards him and BB . I mean yeah i know he's still not on the lvl he can defeat BB but i wanted another reaction from him . For example i totally loved how he "greeted Big Mom " I loved that stupidity and it would have been better if he shutted BB's mouth somehow ....am i too selfish
    Well, it was just with the more revelations about Rebecca, the more some of us are convinced she's SH material. Besides that, with Luffy and his crew gaining so man allies this chapter, we just thought one of them would join. However, if it's bugging you, fine. I don't know about everyone else, but I'll lay off on my comments about Rebecca joining until we learn about her past.

As for Burgess, well, hopefully, Luffy can beat him. If he can't, well, that would be a double loss for him, wouldn't it? Not only would he lose Ace's devil fruit (unless Bartolomeo wins it and gives it to him), but it would show he's not ready to fight Doflamingo. Since the king of Dressrosa is the main villain of the arc, that should imply that he's the strongest, right? Spandam is the only exception to this rule.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

...Like Luffy shutting BB and Burgess mouth by stuffing Burgess mouth with the fashionable den den mushi with all and the cool beard with the effected lost of two of Burgess huge teeth...? ... So appropriate... But yes, Luffy seems to be so focused ... on the fruit, not in Law's plan. So selfish from him.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post

This is the man who had played role in getting Ace captured and killed. There is no way Luffy would act stupid in front of him. He wants to show that he has grown older and that there a 'grudge' between them.

Personally, I want him to grow up at least: height and behavior wise. Apart from his greatly improved combat abilities, minor costume change and chest scar he feels the same.

In relation to Burgess I think he might approach Diamante and ask to get the fruit before hand. He will then offer to help capture/kill Luffy if it is handed to him.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cavendish's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enmymiguel View Post
    I really want another swordman...but for some reason i want it to be a woman...like cavenbit$@....ohh way hes a guy..

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Eurus View Post
    This is the man who had played role in getting Ace captured and killed. There is no way Luffy would act stupid in front of him. He wants to show that he has grown older and that there a 'grudge' between them.

Personally, I want him to grow up at least: height and behavior wise. Apart from his greatly improved combat abilities, minor costume change and chest scar he feels the same.

In relation to Burgess I think he might approach Diamante and ask to get the fruit before hand. He will then offer to help capture/kill Luffy if it is handed to him.
    nah I doubt it since I'm sure diamante is stronger then Burgess especially if doffy praises him so much plus he is the head of the corrida which is all about fighting/killing lol

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Deus Machina's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    nah I doubt it since I'm sure diamante is stronger then Burgess especially if doffy praises him so much plus he is the head of the corrida which is all about fighting/killing lol
    I know that.
    All I said was I thought JB might try to do to assure he wins the fruit. He seems the type. However, I do agree that Diamante will not agree to this.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Do Flamingo member have not been hyper strong so far. And his praised for Diamente strength looked not really sincere.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Not done reading all of the pages here yet, but I wanted to add my little bit too.

Firstly about cover. I am a big fan of "Caribou has got some balls now" thing. I sure hope he gets stomped hard, get into custody and pays himself out with the information. Please, Oda, lead us to Drake/Kaido's shadow in the cover and then start a new one.

Now I will just repeat most of the things that have once already been said, so excuse me. I don't get why some people complain about Bartollomeo going all "shy school girl"-like about Luffy. It's something yet not seen, I don't mean the reaction, he is all Hancock-like, I mean the character's twist. Tough boy with such fetishism, Luffy-ism. Well, 100 people - 100 tastes, but I like this part of this chapter.

Also, can't Cavendish spot the difference between him and Luffy already? For god's sake, that midget with a strawhat bare-handedly stopped his sword, even without using Haki! Give it up, Gaydish Cavendish, give it up! Or get cut by Zoro, also a choice.

Chinjao's bow of gratitude aka destroying buldozer was a funny thing. Spoilers were false, he wants to put whole Happou Navy under Luffy's command, not his grandsons into his crew. Me gusta. Happou Navy, Heart Pirates, Sun Pirates, Barto's club. Keep on getting more allies, Luffy.

As others did, I as well have to point out the thing about Blackbeard's new beard. I liked it. Fits an evil person such as himself. What strucked me more was the information of cooperating with Teach's crew. I now might as well look down upon his character, as this is a serious downgrade of his in my very eyes. But then again, it's Aokiji. He has some sense for justice, so what's he doing must have a certain goal, he wants to achieve something. Be it a downfall of a Yonkou or just clash of two of them. (BB and Kaido?) Also, Shilliew is just like Aokiji? Simply put, "Goverment's dog"? As long as Aokiji is trying something and is not solely allying himself with the darkness, I approve and respect him as a character.

Last part was that of Rebecca. I can't help it but dislike her, whatever happens, I don't like her. I am not even curious about her backstory, I rather am fed up of the fact that sooner or later I will have to read a flashback of hers. Meh.

To the Nakama topic. And sorry for it being an off-topic. (matzik) I'd gladly welcome Bartollomeo in their crew, but that is my personal point of view, same as that one of mine which says that I dislike Rebecca.
    Just to remind you people:
    East Blue: Male joined, female joined, male joined, male joined.
    Grand Line: Male joined (be it a reindeer), female joined, male joined (be it a cyborg), male joined (be it skeleton).

I don't wanna get hated here and flamed but, I dare to call this somewhat of a pattern. Hence, why wouldn't the first person to join the Strawhats in the New World be a male? I don't want Kinemon, nor Momonosuke there. Despite the fact they've been with the crew for a long time. Kinemon has no dream though, Momo's is within Wa No Kuni's range, so are we saved? So my vote goes to Troll-kun as it is now despite of his brutal behaviour which Luffy should not be fond of.

Questionable is if Jimbei, given that he told Luffy he would join once he has taken care of his business, is now already taken as a future crewmember by Oda, therefore kinda filling the "pattern" already. If a female joined now, then it would be clear. If a male joins, then next in row is a female, then there is spot for Jimbei.
    Fishman to the crew, what's missing? A Logia. I won't get shocked if even 2 people would join in this arc, though. Even Bellamy would be admired as a crewmember by me.

And now, as I said, sorry for my off-topicness, but seeing 13 pages of this, I had to say my bit too. Going to read the 5 pages which I have left now. See ya.

18. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When all of this is over, luffy should upgrade chinjao's army with the smile df.
    I hope rebecca's flashback is nice and short, since we already got the basics and we don't need to be wasting trees lol

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Suna's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddyBob15 View Post
    Didn't you read what I said? We don't know Rebecca's full story yet. There's probably more to it than you're thinking. Besides, Oda said there's no romance in this series, so whatever's between Rebecca and Thunderous Soldier of Rage can't be more than friendship.
    Is a relation of father/daughter less important than friendship ?

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really interested in the incoming events. it's probably due to the fact next chapter is the last one of volume 72, therefore oda should build a proper atmosphere in order to make people buy the next volume. I wonder how this chapter is gonna end

New Reply
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast