Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Deja vu?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Deja vu?

Well it seems that all this story in Toriko that is happening in this moment and in last 30 chapters seems kind of familiar. So to remind you, After first part where Toriko trained and gathered lots of ingridients(original part), comes this part where he is about to go to Gourmet world(shalow copy).

In One piece,

Just before Lufy was about to go to "New world", war of the best broke out, and Witebeard died(one of the strongest man on planet), and new super strong character appeared who is against everybody(Blackbeard).

Now lets go see whats happening in Toriko,

Just before Toriko was about to go to "New world"(Gourmet world), war of the best broke out, and Ichiryu died(one of the strongest man on planet), and new super strong character appeared who is against everybody(Joa).

Originality OFF, coping ON http://mangahelpers.com/forum/images.../Lightbulb.png

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Deja vu?

well luffy's friend weren't captured during the war... but in toriko komatsu got captured by starjun.. therefore, this doesn't mean like toriko mangaka copied the plot.. i know 3 manga that has world separated hunter x hunter toriko, op.. and it is like trend to that in order to survive in other world "new world" or "gourmet world" you need to be stronger and therefore, character needs to train themselves.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member senadtm87's Avatar
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by th3zone View Post
    well luffy's friend weren't captured during the war... but in toriko komatsu got captured by starjun.. therefore, this doesn't mean like toriko mangaka copied the plot.. i know 3 manga that has world separated hunter x hunter toriko, op.. and it is like trend to that in order to survive in other world "new world" or "gourmet world" you need to be stronger and therefore, character needs to train themselves.
    And Ace wasnt captured right before, plus in HxH there are Gourmet hunters, but i dont read HxH, i gave up at Cell arc (Ant king or whats his name)
    (Copied from DBZ main villan and his abilitys )

I am not saying that is all copied thats why i called it shalow copy, but the main events look the same.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Manga artists do take inspiration and probably ideas from others yea, the concept could be the same. Overall the big 3 (Naruto, Toriko, One Piece ((Well my big 3, haha ))) took a lot of inspiration from DBZ. For ex, All the big 3 love to eat and most wear that orange jump suit like our big man Goku. All and all, inspirations awesome because we get great mangas out of it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Other mangakas copy too...
    - Fullbringer Arc of Bleach is almost the same as the Black Chapter of Yu Yu Hakusho
    - Sasuke and his clan's background is the same as Kupapika and his Kurta clan
    Do you want me to continue?

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member okaneman's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's normal to have some plot similarities. But it's not normal only when it's like Black Cat vs HxH years ago..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okaneman View Post
    But it's not normal only when it's like Black Cat vs HxH years ago..
    What did i miss?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really see this as copying, Toriko and OP both have a separate "world" which only the strong can survive in, and when the main characters enter this world it'll signal the next portion of the series, so the fact that they both had massive wars (setting up the power balance for the NW/GW portion), training arcs, and the older generation fading out before the main characters enter the GW/NW isn't too surprising. There are plenty of differences, for example, in Toriko there were two separate wars, Toriko wasn't involved in the one where the "strongest" guy dies, no one close to him gets killed (well, Komatsu gets captured but that's still different), and the training arc was before the war (unless if we have another one after this battle).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senadtm87 View Post
    Well it seems that all this story in Toriko that is happening in this moment and in last 30 chapters seems kind of familiar. So to remind you, After first part where Toriko trained and gathered lots of ingridients(original part), comes this part where he is about to go to Gourmet world(shalow copy).

In One piece,

Just before Lufy was about to go to "New world", war of the best broke out, and Witebeard died(one of the strongest man on planet), and new super strong character appeared who is against everybody(Blackbeard).

Now lets go see whats happening in Toriko,

Just before Toriko was about to go to "New world"(Gourmet world), war of the best broke out, and Ichiryu died(one of the strongest man on planet), and new super strong character appeared who is against everybody(Joa).

Originality OFF, coping ON http://mangahelpers.com/forum/images.../Lightbulb.png
    True that it's similar but it's different in too many way for one to consider it as copy.

New Reply