Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Juugo, the key to Sasuke's attacks.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Juugo, the key to Sasuke's attacks.

The last chapter pretty much solved the mystery, imo. Juugo can absorb natural energy and transform and therefore theoretically harm Juubito. So if he somehow transfers his abilities to Sasuke, he'll be able to deal damage. Now, the question is how that would be possible. The cursed seal is out of the question since Itachi got rid of it. Maybe that summoning had to do something with it. I just don't want Sasuke to turn into something hideous again. Your thoughts?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Juugo, the key to Sasuke's attacks.

Kishi is undoubtedly going to find some way to make Sasuke relevant in this battle, it's likely to be through Juugo. Somehow Juugo is going to know some hidden technique to transfer his own ability to utilise Natural Energy to Sasuke, or alternatively Orochimaru could just show up.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if Sasuke knows how to perform the Cursed Seal...if he knows it, then perhaps he can use Juugo somehow to apply the Seal on himself...there's also the possibility that Orochimaru will show up and do something about that, because it's not that simple...if we take a look back, to how Sasuke got the Cursed Seal, then it was Orochimaru who applied it, but it took a special seal and some pills for Sasuke to activate the full potential of the Cursed Seal...

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it was too complicated, not to mention the change that was so hideous it was painful to watch it. But I wouldn't like Sasuke to get the Cursed Seal again, much less the help from Orochimaru. I think Juugo may have found another way, which is why Sasuke specifically wanted to save him and Naruto.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Yeah, it was too complicated, not to mention the change that was so hideous it was painful to watch it. But I wouldn't like Sasuke to get the Cursed Seal again, much less the help from Orochimaru. I think Juugo may have found another way, which is why Sasuke specifically wanted to save him and Naruto.
    Perhaps he wanted a counter against Naruto after all this is over?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Senegal
    Post Thanks / Like

remember the taka vs killer bee fight.

juugo did help sasuke recover from injuries.

gotta think he can do something like that to sasuke but in a different version,prioritizing natural energy.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Perhaps he wanted a counter against Naruto after all this is over?
    Perhaps. There is definitely more to Juugo than we know. Since his clan is known specifically because of Sage transformations, it's not far to stretch that they at some point wanted to exploit that ability in various ways, much like Orochimaru did. So if he found a way to transfer his ability, Sasuke is ready to stand next to Naruto.

Although, I'm wondering where's the catch. Sage Mode and Juugo's Sage transformation can't be the same thing, even though they both use natural energy.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dundi5 View Post
    remember the taka vs killer bee fight.

juugo did help sasuke recover from injuries.

gotta think he can do something like that to sasuke but in a different version,prioritizing natural energy.
    Yeah, that proved to be useful, but this time he'd have to do something more permanent. He'll basically have to have something along the lines of a Cursed Seal to use attacks with natural energy.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Perhaps. There is definitely more to Juugo than we know. Since his clan is known specifically because of Sage transformations, it's not far to stretch that they at some point wanted to exploit that ability in various ways, much like Orochimaru did. So if he found a way to transfer his ability, Sasuke is ready to stand next to Naruto.

Although, I'm wondering where's the catch. Sage Mode and Juugo's Sage transformation can't be the same thing, even though they both use natural energy.
    Yeah...that's an entirely different problem...the only explanation I can think of is that maybe the way someone absorbs that natural energy is the key here...I mean we were told, that trying to absorb natural energy transforms the person into a frog, and that's clearly not the case anymore...furthermore I don't thinks there's a "staying still" requirement for Juugo's Sage transformation, it seems it's more close to bloodlust or strong feelings, which would be the opposite of Frog Sage Mode...

And there's a third sage mode as well right?

And now that I say that, and if it's true, it's interesting how strong feelings can initialize Dragon Sage mode, and at the same time they are required for the appearance of the sharingan as well...so in theory it's quite suited for Sasuke (as we've seen with the Cursed Seal as well in the past)
    Quote Quote:
    Yeah, that proved to be useful, but this time he'd have to do something more permanent. He'll basically have to have something along the lines of a Cursed Seal to use attacks with natural energy.
    I think at this point, going by Juugo's devotion, it can be said, that Juugo will give his life in order to transfer his powers(if it ever comes to that) in a similar manner how Chiyo did it to Gaara...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Sasuke wanted to save Naruto and Juugo, just because they are his best friends? Just saying!

But, more seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if the Curse form makes an appearance again.

Hopefully, the form will be a bit different.
    I was never a fan of this hand-like wings he had in his cursed form.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...that's an entirely different problem...the only explanation I can think of is that maybe the way someone absorbs that natural energy is the key here...I mean we were told, that trying to absorb natural energy transforms the person into a frog, and that's clearly not the case anymore...furthermore I don't thinks there's a "staying still" requirement for Juugo's Sage transformation, it seems it's more close to bloodlust or strong feelings, which would be the opposite of Frog Sage Mode...

And now that I say that, and if it's true, it's interesting how strong feelings can initialize Dragon Sage mode, and at the same time they are required for the appearance of the sharingan as well...so in theory it's quite suited for Sasuke (as we've seen with the Cursed Seal as well in the past)

I think at this point, going by Juugo's devotion, it can be said, that Juugo will give his life in order to transfer his powers(if it ever comes to that) in a similar manner how Chiyo did it to Gaara...
    Yes, if the user draws too much natural energy at once and isn't being still, he turns to stone. You're obviously right since Juugo went to Orochimaru specifically to deal with his "rage" problem which probably initiates the transformation.

It seems that Hashirama has an entirely different Sage Mode style, one that doesn't have traits of any animal. In that sense, it probably means that there are a few different ways you can use Senjutsu. After all, Orochimaru used Senjutsu through Cursed Seals.

That's an interesting theory, although I think Juugo would have to have some medical skills. But when we discuss this, I can't help to think about Orochimaru. He'll also definitely have his fingers in this situation.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Maybe Sasuke wanted to save Naruto and Juugo, just because they are his best friends? Just saying!

But, more seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if the Curse form makes an appearance again.

Hopefully, the form will be a bit different.
    I was never a fan of this hand-like wings he had in his cursed form.
    I bet that would make Naruto wet.

I honestly don't want it to make another appearance, because Itachi got rid of it so gracefully. Besides, it was ugly as hell, yeah.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I could definitely see Juugo passing down all of his natural energy to Sasuke.
    Basically, sacrificing himself to give Sasuke the ultimate Curse Seal

True.

How crazy would it be if Sakura actually when to the Shikkotsu forest and learn how to become a Slug Sage!?
    This would make her one of the few people able to harm Obito!

It's very unlikely though...
    Kishi hates Sakura, so he wouldn't make her shine like that...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishimoto conveyed through Minato by having him say that Sasuke and Naruto are the stars of the show lol.I don't think Sakura would be fightning Obito using Sage mode.It'll most probably be Naruto and Sasuke who'd be defeating Obito.Sasuke can go fight Madara though.And yes,Sasuke would be able to deal damage to Obito through Juugo i guess.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

If Sasuke gets to use natural energy, that'd be a total ripoff. Him and Naruto shouldn't have similar abilities to THAT degree. Naruto covers the nature energy while Sasuke and Jugo utalize Naruto's chakara and combine there attacks in the process.

But if Sasuke does get nature powers naruto should get visuals.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    If Sasuke gets to use natural energy, that'd be a total ripoff. Him and Naruto shouldn't have similar abilities to THAT degree. Naruto covers the nature energy while Sasuke and Jugo utalize Naruto's chakara and combine there attacks in the process.

But if Sasuke does get nature powers naruto should get visuals.
    This is exactly why I said that Juugo's Sage transformation can't be the same as Sage Mode. While it would probably give Sasuke ability to deal damage, I don't think it will be the same as Naruto's Senjutsu. It just can't be the same.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I do agree that it would suck if Sasuke gets to use Sage Mode so easily, while Naruto had to work really hard to become a Sage...
    A feat, that even the great Jiraiya could do perfectly like him.

So, I'm 100% behind the idea that Naruto is the only one that can beat Obito...

To be honest, I would like Sasuke to go fight Madara instead...

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast