Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub 219 Discussion/ 220 Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 219 Discussion/ 220 Predictions

A guy referred to as the reaper is probably not going to be overwhelmingly positive for the team. Good ending to the Takamiya battle, looking forward to what comes next.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Akia999's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn’t feel like reading Beelzebub for a while…I though after 4 weeks, this subplot would be finally over...I guess another 2 chapters or so before it finally, officially end. Despite reading 4 chapters in a row, it still felt really slow and dragged out. I’m pretty disappointed at the way the fights play out. But then again, I stop caring after Taka and Oga keep taking turns gaining “power up”. The other fights were pretty boring too. Personally, I don’t think the author even bother to develop the secondary characters. All of Taka’s men were pretty much named fodders that were given way too much screentime. Even Mk 5 seem way more interesting than them. I didn’t really like the past 3 chapter (though there was one funny moment that I did like- natsume’s strength being mysterious)and I’m glad that this dragged-out subplot is coming to an end(hopefully)

On to the chapter itself, (which was pretty decent).

-Hilda!!! One of the two best part of this chapter.

-Mini Furuichi!! I really miss you.

-Is that adult Lamia? This author needs to have more character models.

-Did we really need to spend 2/3 of this chapter with an “honorary fight between men”? I much prefer Taka being bury in the ground.

-Taka, you better stay unconscious. At this point, I don’t want any flashback from you. While I did find Taka’s past to be interesting albeit cliché, I really want this subplot to end so I don’t want to see anymore flashback. (Though it makes me wonder why the author even bother to show his past, if he decided not to elaborate on it anyway)

-I’m surprised that Udagawa wasn’t pretty boy. I thought they were the same person. I’m positive that pretty boy is going to get shot by Oga next chapter.(hopefully) Why are there so many guys from Solomon company with long black hair?
    -I do wonder what happened to Lucifer? She didn’t show up in the fight. Maybe Taka is finally free from her. I guess even the “demon lord among demon lords” can’t do shit against a naked baby and his contractor.

-Nasu subplot: 9.9 chapters
    Red tail subplot: 4.1 chapters (the author being biased)
    Fallen angel subplot: 18 + chapters
    I think I have a legit reason for complaining that this subplot is long. To be fair, there was a lot more content in this subplot but some parts of it were unnecessarily dragged out.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the dialogue kind of dampened the chapter for me. All that talk about Oga and Takamiya fighting being they're men was really cheesy and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that. But besides that the chapter was great because it reminded us there are bigger things at stake.

And I'm going to say it: Furuichi looked really cute as a chibi. Like, seriously cute. I don't know if its intentional or not but I think he made a lot of Furuichi fans happy with drawing him like that! And even though he is totally creeping Kunieda out I just can't help but find it endearing, probably because he hasn't been around for the past 13 chapters. I wonder if he combines with the other soul pieces, will he grow in size?

Another thing I loved in this chapter was how Cancer and Libra were trying to act cool when Saotome totally captured them. It was a classic Beelzebub joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GomuGomu_Getsuga View Post
    Personally I am ready for our heros to travel to the demon world. It feels like there is no actual goal for Oga to achieve in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully the Company will bring some actual substance to the story.
    Really? I thought Oga's goal's been pretty clear for the past 100+ chapters. He wants to raise Beel on his own terms and not have him destroy the world when it comes down to it. Chapter 143 goes a little in depth about it. Its not grand but I can't imagine Oga being any more proactive than that.

As for the demon world...I honestly don't think we'll ever go there, at least not voluntarily. It doesn't really have a "place" in Beelzebub, if that makes sense. Beelzebub has always tried to be about delinquents and school fights, and even when Oga was fighting Behemoth's Pillar Squad it resembled a feud between schools rather than a supernatural fight between demons and humans.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    -Did we really need to spend 2/3 of this chapter with an “honorary fight between men”? I much prefer Taka being bury in the ground.
    I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought that was cheesy. I get why the fight happened though. It makes Oga's win a lot more realistic, and it doesn't belittle Takamiya's power as much as Jabberwock's did all those chapters ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Akia999 View Post
    -Nasu subplot: 9.9 chapters
    Red tail subplot: 4.1 chapters (the author being biased)
    Fallen angel subplot: 18 + chapters
    I think I have a legit reason for complaining that this subplot is long. To be fair, there was a lot more content in this subplot but some parts of it were unnecessarily dragged out.
    Wow, that's a great point. If Takamiya's story took about 20 chapters, then I'm guessing Fuji + the finale will take anything from 20 chapters to maybe even 30 or 40 chapters. To say Beelzebub is ending "soon" may not be accurate anymore.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2