Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: How did the Kurta massacre play out?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

How did the Kurta massacre play out?

So, now that the special manga for Kurapika's past has been released, along with the movie Phantom Rouge, we know how the Kurta actually died - but what steps were taken to get there? What happened?

We saw the picture of the Phantom Troupe five years prior to the Yorknew arc, showing them just about to head off to the massacre as indicated by the knife in the map and Omakage being present. It was a strange picture, particularilly the part where Shalnark was wearing clothes almost identical to that of the Kurta clan.
    So, what was there plan? How did they learn so much about the Kurta clan?
    An inside person?
    The Hunter website (is Shal had it back then)?
    A traitor?

Not to mention the message that they left, stating "We accept anything, so take nothing from us."
    Is there something the clan took from them?

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did the Kurta massacre play out?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomShalnark View Post
    Not to mention the message that they left, stating "We accept anything, so take nothing from us."
    Is there something the clan took from them?
    My guess it had something to do with the crooks used by the elder to foil Kurapika's test? Something like "How dare you use our pals for your schemes" sorta thing?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
    My guess it had something to do with the crooks used by the elder to foil Kurapika's test? Something like "How dare you use our pals for your schemes" sorta thing?
    I'm not so sure that the Phantom Troupe knew those guys, but it could explain how they heard about the clan members, and could target a certain location to try and find them.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always thought it was tied into Sheila somehow, either intentionally (she was working or hired by the troupe) or unintentionally (they were spying on her and happened to witness her interactions with Kurapika and Pairo).

As for Shalnark being a Kurta--I'm still unsure about this. He has the clothing style, but I'm not sure if he's an actual Kurta.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    As for Shalnark being a Kurta--I'm still unsure about this. He has the clothing style, but I'm not sure if he's an actual Kurta.
    I have my doubts about Shal being a Kurta clan reject. I believe that Togashi would have said something about it by now, and Shal should have recognized something about them that connected himself to their clan.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply