Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How come Ymir didn't age for 60 years while in her Titan form?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Munboy's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How come Ymir didn't age for 60 years while in her Titan form?

Quote Originally Posted by SPie View Post
    - Chapter 50.5: Ymir said to Reiner and Berthold (to herself) that it was not that bad playing goddess.
    That might be her imitating Historia, though.

Quote Quote:
    I think Ymir might be the central piece that binds all the secrets, she is the one who knows about every faction and she has been around for 80 years, somehow all titans or all humans originated from/because of her actions.
    Haven't the Titans been around for at least 100 years?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing the last chapter, perhaps there is something like this going on regarding ymir's age. As we just saw with eren he was actually fusing with his titan in his third attempt harden. Perhaps this is what happened to ymir? Of course that would have the implication that fusing is not really something that kills the user but he would still have to somehow get out by himself... Or being beaten enough that the titan form can't sustain itself. Perhaps that is how ymir was eventually released? Reyner ended up defending himself and beat up titan ymir half to death.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ymir did say she died though, actually. It's hard to be sure what she meant without context, but it could very easily have been meant literally.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If she literally died then wouldn't she be currently dead too? Unless we are talking about the possibility of resurrecting however I kinda have my doubts about this being that sort of manga. Her death has to be something more metaphorical for it to make any degree of sense.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Huesoman's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

What I understand is that she died as Ymir the human and "born" and lived as Ymir the titan, then Ymir titan died and Ymir the human (as a shifter) was "born" again. So when Ymir human died she didn't remember anything about the period of Ymir titan, that is why she didn't know she ate Berik.
    "Do you really think...this world has a future?"

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PIXISSUUU's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Re: How come Ymir didn't age for 60 years while in her Titan form?

We saw Ymir in titan form capturing Berwick in a flashback. I think the origin of her Titan was that she is had a shifter originally like Eren's. Those titans have the defect of causing the user to lose themselves and become mindless. Any other titan appears to be titan food, but we've seen a Titan actually worship someone they mistook for her. We can assume that she lived in the wilderness safe for 60 years because most titans are "programmed" to revere her (and by corollary, not eat her). Her survival for that long also proves that up until recently, all the titans out in the Titan Field were from Ymir's faction.

"Then why do the titans from Connie's village try to eat her?" you ask. Well, that's because those are Apey's titans, and Apey's titans have different programming. This kind of definitively proves that Ymir's faction outside the wall is not on the same side as Apey's.

We can throw around a lot of made up science about why people don't age while inside thier titans. If we're gonna suspend our disbelief that Titan Shifting is even possible, then lets accept that Titan Shifting is good for keeping away the wrinkles.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it proves all of them were from ymir's faction. However it does appear as if ymir came from beyond the wall to begin with and not necessarily from where the warriors come from. Who knows where she is from though... Supposedly humanity took boats to get to the continent with the walls so perhaps ymir is from some boat which got separated.... Maybe they were found by the warriors? If that was the case then it implies the warriors actually live close to the ocean as it is impossible for ymir and her people as humans to have crossed a long distance once reaching the continent if there were titans around. Still, a large number of people who new her would have had to be turned into titans for it to make sense that someone reacted to someone that looked like ymir. Supposedly not all boats made it to the continent so perhaps ymir comes from a group of people that got separated and was able to live in peace in the new continent until titans got to her area. If people were turned into titans then perhaps they were attacked by the warriors and her people were just turned into titans by them.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2