Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    You know, the character designs for this manga seemed like it's out of place. Some of them look like they could have been in Gundam or some other manga. And it really does seem like we'll never get the Maneuver Gear's creation story. But we might still see Angelo. There must've been cameos unless he's actually dead for the past 15 years.
    Isn't Kyklo supposed to be the only one brave or rather desperate enough to try the first 3DMG, that doesn't even work well and be the first to kill a Titan without the use of a cannon? I believe we will be seeing Angelo and the first 3DMG later on. Just because he hasn't made an appearance yet, it doesn't mean that he won't.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Yumpo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@TheOwl
    I actually don't know in-depth details of the light novels, do you? According to the summaries I've read about the novels, I've never read Kyklo as being the first one to ever try the gear. It's just that he gets his hands on the gear, but it's still that imperfect. And I'm not writing off Angelo's appearance since the gear is still obviously on the prototype stage. He is still that needed. So I'm just probably doubtful on the creation story part. The creation part is probably planned to appear in the manga, but my early judgement as I see from the quality of the story and with the lack of popular characters from the main manga, it seems like it's going to be cut off(I hope not). But who knows?

Of course, the summaries I've read are kind of outdated. I'd be glad if you find me a new one with a lot more details into it.
    The only summaries I've read:
    http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/42...efore-the-fall

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sigma's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

So... do you think that girl will befriend Kyokuro, or do you think he's going to flip out and kill her? I mean, he has been trained to "resists" and that's practically the only word he knows...

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like she's so determined to see him as an enemy, that although it kind of looks like that's where the set-up is going, he has a low chance of winning her over somehow. I was leaning that way at first, but instead, now I think he'll escape and find other people to befriend.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kokeshi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hungry to read about Angel and the creation of the 3DMG as well, I've only read a translation of Novel 1. Guess we'll begin a) Novel 1 at a later vantage point, or b) we'll meet up with both Angel and Kyukuro in upcoming chapters. I vote for b)....(I won't accept other options at this time).

BTW, I see innocent Charle going off to try and 'kill the titan child' (Kyukuro) as the beginning of an innocent maiden unable to kill her objective (Kyukuro doesn't look like the titan she saw from the wall, he's just a half-starved/maltreated teenage youth) because (dumdumduuuuum) he's clearly human. So, yeah, he escapes as she watches passively/in shock. Also: Dad, corrupt as all hellshit. Brother, sadistic, undoubtedly going to be the main antagonistic shit of the story. Not a clear start for Before the Fall, but I can't wait for the next chapter...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

4Chan has the raws for chapter 3

Yup, I'm starting to really like you, /a/non.
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dass Jennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

404 Not Found

Can you provide another link?
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ForMotherRussia's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dass Jennir View Post
    404 Not Found

Can you provide another link?
    http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/98020207/

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dass Jennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you!
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ForMotherRussia View Post
    Thanks ! Any idea when it might be translated?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BobobVanBlob's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    Thanks ! Any idea when it might be translated?
    No need to wait here is a quick idea of what is going on :

- I'm going to kill you !
    - Guuuuh...
    - Oh, I'm going to free you, marry you, join the "Scooting" Legions, kill Titans and ride a Titan to the sunset with you !
    - I'm okay with that.

More seriously : I have no idea, SnK:BtF BFF edition seems to have really low priority (and I understand it), so maybe this week if we are lucky, otherwise, I would say after Christmas...
    WAHAHA~ My anime list - - tsil agnam yM ~AHAHAW

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Munboy's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yumpo View Post
    Nah, I don't think they'll be going with Anheru and the maneuver gear's story. One of the first advertisement images pretty much showed us whose story we're going to get. Besides, I think the reason why they're not probably going with his story is because there would be no point in buying the light novels anymore. Business standpoint, I guess. Of course, but it still may be possible to actually put it there in the manga, but from the looks of it, it seems rather bleak.
    The chapter did note that this was a time before the 3D gear... so that does suggest that maybe Anheru will appear at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    So... do you think that girl will befriend Kyokuro, or do you think he's going to flip out and kill her? I mean, he has been trained to "resists" and that's practically the only word he knows...
    I'm pretty sure some romance will be going on here. Or at least maybe a Mikasa-Eren type bond.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki no Kyojin Before the Fall Volume 1 Alternate Cover:

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sigma's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munboy View Post

I'm pretty sure some romance will be going on here. Or at least maybe a Mikasa-Eren type bond.

Their relationship seems a lot like Thrall and Taretha from Warcraft at this point, with the part of Lord Blackmoor being played by Shabii and his father. If the story continues in this direction things may not turn out very well for Charle...

On a side note, did anyone else feel that the plot in this chapter was kind of rushed? I mean, it went from Charle wanting to kill him to them being best buddies pretty fast. If this is going to be a major plot thing I think the author should have taken the time to build this up a bit more.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, but I'll just specify that I think the build up could still have been done in the same chapter (or at least most of it could be covered). They'd just have to go through the panel-by-panel equivalent of a movie montage where it alternates between various threads (Kyukuro's progress with the chains or perhaps practising reading with a paper or something he and Charle keep hidden in his cell, Charle keeping up appearances/learning about her future fate, and Charle teaching Kyukuro-- three separate progressions so that the two characters are seen both together and apart).

Incidentally, I found his plan kind of implausible. What was she teaching him that led him to think of a plan to gradually corrode the chains through use of bodily fluids? Or had he heard a clue to this idea before he was sold to this family?

Just my first impressions. Other than that at least it looks like the story is going somewhere interesting.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast