Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Who's going to make it? (WARNING: SPOILERS)

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's going to make it? (WARNING: SPOILERS)

So I've been thinking about this for a while, but who do you think is going to make it through to the end? Who's raising death flags?

I think our four mains are safe, obviously. If any of them kick the bucket, I'm speculating it's Kurapika, but I don't think that's very likely. Gon and Killua have so much plot armor it's not funny, even for HxH. And Leorio doesn't get involved enough to get killed (and I'd probably cry if that happened).

The Genei Ryodan are more iffy for me. I'm not sure who's going to make it out of the bunch. We've seen a couple deaths already, and there are the prophecies to consider. Not sure if those have been altered in some way, but I wouldn't be surprised if some or all of them end up dying. I think Togashi also alluded to this. If any of them were to make it, my money is on Kalluto, Shalnark, and maybe Shizuku.

Zoldycks--I can see Illumi and Zeno getting killed off at some point. The others are pretty safe. I actually can't see Alluka dying, but I wouldn't be surprised if she does.

What about the Zodiacs? Not sure about these guys.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's going to make it? (WARNING: SPOILERS)

I think that Ging will actually die VERY soon.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see Ging and Zeno dying. Not Illumi though, can't imagine him dying. I can especially see Alluka dying. Her power is too broken for her to stay in the story.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I'm not sure Togashi would hesitate to kill off some or even all the main characters if he feels it's necessary for his story. The most likely to die would be Kurapika, unless he decides to give up his revenge. Leorio, however, seems pretty safe to me, I really don't see him dying even if he gets involved more, since he's the best out of the four in terms of morality. Though Togashi might surprise me and decide to kill him precisely for this reason.
    Actually, I think all characters are fair game for Togashi, there isn't anyone that makes me think "Oh yeah, he's definitely not dying". Some are more likely that others however. I'm pretty sure Ging will die at some point. Illumi seems also pretty likely to me. Hisoka...well, it's Hisoka. If he dies, it will be at the very end. I think the Troupe will lose some more members, maybe even Chrollo, but I don't see all of them snuffing it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GalekC's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that Togashi really wanted to kill off some of the YYH mains, and the jump publishers wouldn't allow that at the time.
    He's gotten away with so much in HxH that I wouldn't be surprised if some of the mains actually do die.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GalekC View Post
    I heard that Togashi really wanted to kill off some of the YYH mains, and the jump publishers wouldn't allow that at the time.
    He's gotten away with so much in HxH that I wouldn't be surprised if some of the mains actually do die.
    Kuwabara was meant to die for real to Toguro.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Leorio deserves an heroic death and Kurapika deserves to die before completing his revenge(but after killing some Genei Ryodan's). Gon and Killua are immortal. At least one Zoaldiak may reach his end in a fight he couldnt avoid and Killua will definately fight Illumi at some point, he will won but probably wont finish him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I thought this was going to be a Breaking Bad topic...

And on topic, it's hard to say. I can see the entire Ryodan dying by the end, but anyone else I can't really say for sure.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member steadynco's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Have any of you read vol. 0 of HUNTERXHUNTER (that volume which contained Kurapika's past and some Q&A by Togashi). It actually states WHO WILL DIE in the manga.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by steadynco; September 01, 2013 at 04:51 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Togashi is a troll. Not even he would seriously spoil the ending of a main subplot in his manga. At least I hope he wouldn't...

Then again, if Togahsi apparently isn't going to actually draw said ending, I guess there wouldn't be much to lose by spoiling it for everyone. "There! You guys all know how it's going to end. Now will you stop pestering me about new chapters? I'm trying to play Dragon Quest over here!"
    Last edited by The Invertroid; September 02, 2013 at 12:49 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post
    Togashi is a troll. Not even he would seriously spoil the ending of a main subplot in his manga. At least I hope he wouldn't...

Then again, if Togahsi apparently isn't going to actually draw said ending, I guess there wouldn't be much to lose by spoiling it for everyone. "There! You guys all know how it's going to end. Now will you stop pestering me about new chapters? I'm trying to play Dragon Quest over here!"
    Yep I don't think he'll write it so that's why he could put the spoiler there.
    Togashi is more focused in the next stories about aliens and piramids ...

New Reply