Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Bellamy's Orders

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bellamy's Orders

Bellamy returned during the Dressroas arc a seemingly changed man. He now, for the first time, has a dream, to be an officer of the Donquixote Pirates. Winning the tournament at Corrida Collesseum would have earned him the position for which he dreams. Despite his loss in the first round, Doflamingo gave him a second chance, by assassinating Luffy. Bellamy seems apprehensive about following Doflamingo's orders, remembering Luffy's words of encouragement at the tournament. What does everyone think will happen to Bellamy? I think he will eventually ignore his orders, befriend Luffy, and help him infiltrate the Smile Factory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bellamy's Orders

Chinjao said that to become pirate king Luffy would have to stand on top of all the conquerors. The way I see it is, having Bellamy change his allegiance from following one powerful conqueror's haki user to Luffy would signify Luffy standing on top of Doflamingo in that context. It wouldn't surprise me if it happened that way because I don't really see Doflamingo suddenly becomming Luffy's ally.

Having already Shanks (another powerful conqueror's haki user) as an ally already gives him points; maybe adding Chinjao also to that list. Not to mention before their deaths, both Whitebeard and Ace (2 more conqueror's haki users) also hedged their bets on Luffy.

If it didn't turn out that way though (Bellamy changing allegiance), it would show yet another angle of being pirate king: how Luffy would have to crush other peoples' dreams to become pirate king just like how Gol D. Roger crushed Squardo's, Whitebeard crushed Crocodile's, Kaidou crushed Moria's, etc.
    Last edited by Anduren; August 31, 2013 at 01:26 PM.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bellamy's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I see two main possibilities, even if there is many interesting facts to acknowledge like : what are Bartolomeo real intentions ?

- He's gonna stand for Luffy against the ones who want to kill him. At this point, I don't really see what would happen for him... Maybe death for treason ?
    - Or his dream is gonna overcome anything else. He can't win against Luffy though, it's obvious. I think he might come to greet him for his victory, and then stabs him. After that, he will realize his mistake, certainly by seeing all the backstages of the Doflamingo Crew, with the factory and the toys and other stuff, or more simply : by getting ignored despite following the orders, maybe beaten to pieces like at Jaya.
    Luffy's being injured will have a bad time later fighting against Dofla, and maybe he will finally appears to help him in order to make him win, like a sacrifice. Either he die, join the SH or build his own dream. To me, the two first possibilities are the more interesting in that case.

But for joining Luffy, I think we need to know more about his past. It's quite the rule in this crew, you need a terrible history in order to have a bright future, actually supporting friends dreams. However, right now, I'm not able to see him joining yet.

In the end, one thing for sure is that he will play some important part in this arc, maybe even crucial, simply because his choice can change a lot of things, in my opinion.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

one way or other,i think we are gonna see some background on bellamy.he has been with dofla since the beginning.either,he tries to kill luffy and then we
    see the motivation behind it or we come to know about his reasons when he is still delibrating killing luffy.by reasons i mean why did he join dd in the first place(his background story),which makes it convenient for me to think he could become a sh material.it looks like he is having a hard time deciding.
    as anduren said earlier,CoC could be a good pretext to bellamy changing his allegiance but i believe a flashback should be in order to make sense of things
    and progress the plot op wise(tontatta/dofla>bellamy/toys etc..).all these things shouldn't happen unless we get to know the motivation behind these actions.anyways,i too think that bellamy wouldn't lay a single hit on luffy,intentionally or otherwise.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bellamy may attempt to kill Luffy but change his mind. Diamante might attack Bellamy for his betrayal only to be stopped by one of the Strawhats.

If I were given Bellamy's orders I would disguise the Mera Mera as a chunk of meat and feed it to Luffy. That or chop it up and serve it in a dish. That would be the easiest way to kill him.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Bellamy is too much of a fanboy of Doflamingo at this point to refuse the order. I wouldn't like it if he did refuse, as well. He must try assasinate Luffy, fail, only to then face the consequences of failure when Doflamingo or his men beat the crap out of him. Only then he should be allowed to switch sizes (and probably join Law's crew, I'd like it if that happened since he has nowhere to go and he most likely has some kind of a relationship with Law).

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

If i remember well Df tried to kill bellamy because he was a weakling and because he shaming his symbol plus killing bellamys friend( cant remember his name ) Seriously you need to be an idiot to go to df after that. Bellamy needs to decide fighting for df or fighting Df. I know dont know what oda has in store for bellamy. My personal opinion about bellamy used to be " wow why he was even alive" i considered him as a trash character who fought over weaklings and was proud of beating them but when i saw the way he matured after the whole fist from luffy incident and how he even have some dreams now(we dont know what they are)Its like he is a completly different person and to be honest i even like the way he is now and i will be sad if he dies. I dont know how many agree with me but hey i think bellamy needs a chance for something better. I dont see him joining th sh but he has a good chance to joining law's crew and law is a cool/Good guy with bigs dreams and a big part to play in the one piece future. Plus Law used to work for DF too 10 years ago so law might know bellamy since he worked for df and he might take him in his crew.
    Last edited by Don Chinjao; September 12, 2013 at 06:34 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bellamy is going to learn the truth about Donquixote and take a death blow for Luffy, triggering Luffy to fight seriously and avenge him. Chopper saves him. He recovers in cover pages and gets a mad crush on Princess Riku. The island it not Buster Called because ... insert shady cover up. Dwarves make a statue of Ussopland, furthering his fake legend becoming true. With Dwarves and Giants he is probably 25% toward his 8000 men army. Jimbei helps Sunny escape from CP-0 with help from pointy head's navy. Law is critical and Chopper stabilizes on route to meet up with Law Pirates. Samurai's stay on with crew like Vivi for one mor arc to save their homeland. Monosuke becomes an apprentice. Zoro and Brooke learn Foxfire style. Sanji discovers new foods, Chopper gets new medicine, Franky adds a Top Knot hairstyle rotation, Ussop learns about dragons, Robin learns a secret. Nami steals some silk kimonos. Luffy eats new meats.

New Reply