Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 8.1 / 10)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Perfection)

3 9.09%
  • 9 (Epic)

14 42.42%
  • 8 (Very Good)

5 15.15%
  • 7 (Good)

7 21.21%
  • 6 (Bit Above Average)

2 6.06%
  • 5 (Average)

1 3.03%
  • 4 (Bit Below Average)

1 3.03%
  • 3 (Bad)

0 0%
  • 2 (Very Bad)

0 0%
  • 1 (Garbage)

0 0%
  • 0 (I'm done with Claymore)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 143 Discussion / 144 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 143 Discussion / 144 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by lizumi156 View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding , but what if Riful awakened for some reason O.o you know to join her very loved Dauf ..... And about Europa it's pretty obvious she awakened because shes really lazy * maybe she got bored of fighting yoma and want to expirience the yoma life.... <------ XP don't take this seriously Europa Fans If she have any....
    No worries ^^. And maybe, who knows ? Dauf may have still followed Riful around after awakening lol

And I can see Europa not attempting to pull herself back "Too much effort" haha I'm a Europa fan, she's and oddball and I like odd characters :P

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter is not that interesting for me. It seems the monthly serialization is taking its toll on me. Oh well at least this chapter has a few good points

The few good parts:
    Clarice can erase memories? (how can you do that?)
    Galatea's speech about Clarice's sacrifice
    Cassandra's prowess and a little bit of flashback(too bad its only a silhouette of Roxanne, I liked her too.)

The rest is not that interesting.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BleachFan2010 View Post
    Oh I know Riful is older than her lol, I just mean because she is Physically older I look at it as she lasted longer as a Claymore before she awakened. With Riful and Europa having child like forms makes me think they awakened really early, before Warriors had an idea that they could control their power making me think Europa was part of the same Era as Riful :P

I see it like : Small Child appearance = early generations (except the Males lol) and Late Teens and after could = Later Generations
    I think it's a bit difficult to say, although the idea isn't bad at all... Prissy was just a kid too. I think if they should good promise, they get a rank earlier than normal.

About Octavia, she really feels like one of the very very old generations, maybe she kinda acts like the unofficial 'leader' here, or maybe it's the way Miria is surprised by her, or maybe it's her awakened form looking soooo much like Isley's... Even her name sounds old lol, I mean, you can't imagine Clare's name as an old name right? :P

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    I think it's a bit difficult to say, although the idea isn't bad at all... Prissy was just a kid too. I think if they should good promise, they get a rank earlier than normal.

About Octavia, she really feels like one of the very very old generations, maybe she kinda acts like the unofficial 'leader' here, or maybe it's the way Miria is surprised by her, or maybe it's her awakened form looking soooo much like Isley's... Even her name sounds old lol, I mean, you can't imagine Clare's name as an old name right? :P
    Yeah, I agree she's old I just can't see her being in Riful's generation haha (Although I could be wrong :P)

I love the name Octavia, and you're right imagine say if it was Clare instead of Octavia that lead the little army of Awakened. Miria: "Tch..Clare.." doesn't sound as intimidating haha

And because Yagi likes to play with the meanings of the names I think Octavia will be the next to die. We've had all of the female Awakened and Lars die, meaning that seven have croaked. So Octavia, her name meaning "the eight".. doesn't look well for her O.O And Chronos is the "god of time" so he'll probably outlive the rest of the Awakened. I don't want any of them to die though :'(

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Project Spirit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

>Clarice can erase memories?

I'm starting to not look at it as being strictly erasing memories. But I find it hard to describe.

The wedges we have seen both occur after a yoki synch. What we know about the Claymores specifically created for this type of thing (soul link) is that one holds onto the humanity of the other in a way. I've come to believe that by reaching deep within someone, their "essence" or "beings" are almost merged for a time being. If this is true, then it would explain's Jean's will staying within Clare, and Clarice being able to remove her presence from Miata. So in Miata's case, it may not just be her memories, but a complete gap may be left in her "heart" where Clarice used to be.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SSJPabs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Claymore 143 Discussion / 144 Predictions

There seem to be a growing number of Roxanne fans around here. Let's push for a prequel spin-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsune View Post
    Even her name sounds old lol, I mean, you can't imagine Clare's name as an old name right? :P
    But aren't Teresa and Clare the two goddesses? I would think in the Claymore universe, that Clare, the name of a goddess is actually a really old name. It just sounds new to us.

Maybe like say, someone today named Isis or something?
    Last edited by SSJPabs; October 07, 2013 at 04:37 PM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, based Dae, he just doesn't care. Keep calm and exposit.

Isn't Raki's name a possible transliteration of lucky or something? Maybe Rubel running into him means he can finally turn his bad luck around.

Quite a few ironic bits including Octavia's line about escaping (as Rubel hinted at it feels like no matter where you run in this world you'll eventually run into the strongest awakened beings) and Priscilla being added to the long list of characters that had entrusted their will to Clare.

I'm not ready to give up on "iron man tomboy," one nickname I heard. I liked her. Shame about Lars, he was one of the finest scholars of our generation, but consider this: unless someone goes over their limit the claymores are running out of awakened beings to use as meatsheilds. Unfortunately, Cassandra is next in line but I just want to find out if she and Cynthia plot point is ever going to be a thing. Speaking of which, dear Cynthia hasn't had any screentime as of late. This needs to be fixed asap. Those 3 can't just sit around in that spot shooting the breeze all day! And it'd be a nice role for her to play.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Based View Post
    Haha, based Dae, he just doesn't care. Keep calm and exposit.

Isn't Raki's name a possible transliteration of lucky or something? Maybe Rubel running into him means he can finally turn his bad luck around.

Quite a few ironic bits including Octavia's line about escaping (as Rubel hinted at it feels like no matter where you run in this world you'll eventually run into the strongest awakened beings) and Priscilla being added to the long list of characters that had entrusted their will to Clare.

I'm not ready to give up on "iron man tomboy," one nickname I heard. I liked her. Shame about Lars, he was one of the finest scholars of our generation, but consider this: unless someone goes over their limit the claymores are running out of awakened beings to use as meatsheilds. Unfortunately, Cassandra is next in line but I just want to find out if she and Cynthia plot point is ever going to be a thing. Speaking of which, dear Cynthia hasn't had any screentime as of late. This needs to be fixed asap. Those 3 can't just sit around in that spot shooting the breeze all day! And it'd be a nice role for her to play.
    They i dont think Knight is dead, also even tho Chronos said he would "get revenge" for Lars i dont think lars is dead.

i hope they have Cynthia appear on Cassandra right in front of her human part...and same something like "hello again my friend" and smile, cassy will remember her friend see the resemblance and stop fighting OR she could see Cynthia be reminded of her friend then remember how she died at the ploy of Roxanne then go berserk and kill Cynthia/use Dust eater and miria saves her
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright I know everyone is happy to see clare appears /(but she only appears an two or three little frame an hall what she do as some cowardly taking) -how come everyone is too happy about the Mach up vs Priscilla, clare is being supported by awakened and warriors and still unable to beat casandra?! How can hope clare to put a decent fight against Priscilla? Wen she can do nothing about casandra?! At that level clare is now yagi should not even think about make her face Priscilla .

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with number12michael. I do hope Cynthia would play a major part regarding Cassandra. I like her character except for the suicidal part. If I remember correctly Cynthia is just a number away from Captain Veronica. She could be stronger than Deneve if Deneve is not HA.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zushiko View Post
    I have to agree with number12michael. I do hope Cynthia would play a major part regarding Cassandra. I like her character except for the suicidal part. If I remember correctly Cynthia is just a number away from Captain Veronica. She could be stronger than Deneve if Deneve is not HA.
    i thought Cynthia was a defensive type, so by nature she would be weaker then offensive types
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i thought Cynthia was a defensive type, so by nature she would be weaker then offensive types

but not all defensive are weaker than offensive ^__^" .... But for Cynthia's case she excels at regeneration <-- herself and others ..... so that makes her a pure support type claymore but , i think she can fight too but not as great as that of pure offensive type claymores ...... and As I remembered Cynthia i think is rank 14 or 15 while Deneve is 20+ ... XP ..... But Deneves extendoooo arm is pretty useful for an offensive claymore.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SSJPabs View Post
    But aren't Teresa and Clare the two goddesses? I would think in the Claymore universe, that Clare, the name of a goddess is actually a really old name. It just sounds new to us.

Maybe like say, someone today named Isis or something?
    Your post reminded me about a thread discussing the: the significance and implication of names in the Claymore universe. Check it out and share your opinion. It would be interesting to learn more about it.
    "Take off your mask
    And you will see
    The freak in you
    The freak in me!
    "

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

If name means something teresa and clare means powers levels like God's something apart from mere human's or mere warriors (a completed different dimensions.!)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Teresa and Clare are the name of two goddess in the manga.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast