Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 8.1 / 10)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Perfection)

3 9.09%
  • 9 (Epic)

14 42.42%
  • 8 (Very Good)

5 15.15%
  • 7 (Good)

7 21.21%
  • 6 (Bit Above Average)

2 6.06%
  • 5 (Average)

1 3.03%
  • 4 (Bit Below Average)

1 3.03%
  • 3 (Bad)

0 0%
  • 2 (Very Bad)

0 0%
  • 1 (Garbage)

0 0%
  • 0 (I'm done with Claymore)

0 0%
New Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Claymore 143 Discussion / 144 Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 143 Discussion / 144 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Yeah i think she would be unable to see Miata(unless it is only human girls she cant see) but i think the moment Miata attacks prissy she would "see" her.
    wonder how that battle would go ? Miata vs prissy?
    depends on how powerful miata really is...is she stronger or just as strong as prissy was when she awakened?

because,if they fought...miata would definitely awaken...we can all see that....
    but,if she could keep her composure(iknow wishful thinking)...just think about her battle with galatea...it would be interesting to see especially if prissy stays in her human form....
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    depends on how powerful miata really is...is she stronger or just as strong as prissy was when she awakened?

because,if they fought...miata would definitely awaken...we can all see that....
    but,if she could keep her composure(iknow wishful thinking)...just think about her battle with galatea...it would be interesting to see especially if prissy stays in her human form....
    No.
    The moment Miata awakens, Priscilla would stop see her as a little girl and as a target instead.
    Since she had no restrains from impaling Riful and kill her from the inside out.

If Miata is going to fight, then it better be a sneak-attack or some Assassin´s Creed stunt.
    Because nobody can win in a fair fight with Priscilla.
    (Well, Teresa would have won if Priscilla hadn´t played the role of a hypocrite and cheated in the fight.)
    And considering how things are, I doubt Priscilla herself would fight fair anymore.

Maybe she stays in human form, since we haven´t seen her turn back to the butterfly appearance ever since she discarded it for her humanoid sword form.
    Maybe she actually put a handicap on herself this time?
    Like Roxanne did when she unleashed all of her blades and ended up defenseless?
    Would that be possible?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... I still remember that Priscilla *best drama actress* scene with Teresa... And About the miata and prissy thing I think , that won't happen. Since Miata is so depressed with Clarice's death, so I think she would just do minor fighting .... Not that 1 on 1 fight with Prissy , Cause i think the one whose obviously going to kill prissy is Clare it's DESTINED ^__^".....

----btw making me look back at the past events makes me want to mourn over the death of some awesome characters... TERESA and OPHELIA T^T

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nanozom's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lizumi156 View Post
    Yeah... I still remember that Priscilla *best drama actress* scene with Teresa... And About the miata and prissy thing I think , that won't happen. Since Miata is so depressed with Clarice's death, so I think she would just do minor fighting .... Not that 1 on 1 fight with Prissy , Cause i think the one whose obviously going to kill prissy is Clare it's DESTINED ^__^".....

----btw making me look back at the past events makes me want to mourn over the death of some awesome characters... TERESA and OPHELIA T^T
    True that.
    And to know that Priscilla did ruin both their lives makes it even sadder.
    Why couldn´t she just have died back then? be a graceful loser and accept defeat?
    It would have spared a lot of trouble...
    wait...
    Oh crap...
    Here is a thought experiment.
    Go back in the timeline, remove Priscilla from the equation and then fast wind the events.
    The destroyer would have died and never come to being. No Priscilla, no Clare to wake it up.

And another thing. If it wasn´t for Priscilla, Raki would been dead seven times over.
    It was Priscilla that took him in, and domesticated Isley. Without her. Isley would have eaten Raki when he found him.
    Or would the war in Pieta even take place if it wasn´t for Priscilla?
    Ophelia would never been a hybrid, that´s for sure.

The three number ones would never been brought back without Priscilla´s hand.

The awakened in Rabona wouldn´t been killed...
    Oh shit...
    Riph would still been born!!
    Only more developed, stronger and under Riful´s control and it would been Riful that would declared war instead of Isley... so the battle of Pieta wouldn´t have happened, but instead the Organization would have sent the redshirt army to Lautrec instead to combat Riph... and there, there would be no survivors. Meaning that Miria and co would been killed and the rebellion would never happened.
    Riph would have put the Organization down, forced Isley to a exile with Rigardo and male surviving awakened ones and assume dictatorship over the Island. "Queen of the World"
    And in the middle of this chaos then who would stand to fight the threat of Riph and Riful?

You guess right.

Teresa, going to protect a teenage human Clare and form an alliance with the awakened beings of the island, with Isley as ally and general of the awakened troops.
    (Every awakened, from the being that Ophelia killed in a Priscilla story line to the Rabonian beings such as Knight, Europa, Octavia, Venus and the others...)
    And whoever hybrid that deserted upon the Organization´s fall.

I don´t know if Priscilla was the best thing that ever happened to the Island... or the worst.
    Either way, there would be blood.
    So, was Priscilla´s victory for the best?

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Project Spirit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For all we know, Priscilla may have been the one to kill Miata's real mother. She could be Priscilla's third chosen one.
    _______

@Nanozom- I really like the alternative timeline theories.

I had once joked about the main villain of Claymore being the Yoma that had taken Clare captive as a child. He seems to have set the forces in motion.

But if Priscilla had died to Teresa, the most immediate thing I can think of is that they would have still been hunted by the higher ranks. After a while, I'm willing to bet that their travels would have led them to Rabona, where she would have probably met Galatea.
    From there...:
    -Miria, Helen and Deneve would have died to Male Awakened.
    -Rafaela may have been chosen to hun Teresa due to her abilities. If she had lost, no Destroyer. Or she may have been spared and eventually did find Luciela, and assassinated her.
    -Alica and Beth would have killed Riful without the Destroyer awakening. However, Jean would now be on Riful's side, and her flight ability may come in handy. She would probably have died here as well though.
    -Galatea would have met up with human Clare and Teresa in Rabona.
    -I think the Org. would be taking the north at this point.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually really enjoyed this chapter. I think that the prissy revelation was good, I just think that it's timing has just come far to late at this point.

As for Rubel, I really like the fact that his face reveals a real sense of open joy; mainly because I think it's not presented as the smug or calculating smiles he's had before, he just looks happy. I think it says alot about him character wise, and maybe speak volumes about his superiors.

Some stories really like to explore the idea that there isn't such a thing as 'good guys' and 'bad guys'; but Rubel, dispite his manuverings, feels like his faction are the good guys in this conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
    Until (or should I say, unless) Yagi tells us otherwise, it could go either way. It's his story, afterall... so logic doesn't mean squat. But for argument's sake, assuming Yagi hasn't entirely given up on plot development, I'd prefer logic to... whim.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SSJPabs's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Nanozom

I thought Riful was only gathering forces because Isley was. If Isley doesn't do anything to upset the balance, neither will she.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanozom View Post
    True that.
    And to know that Priscilla did ruin both their lives makes it even sadder.
    Why couldn´t she just have died back then? be a graceful loser and accept defeat?
    It would have spared a lot of trouble...
    wait...
    Oh crap...
    Here is a thought experiment.
    Go back in the timeline, remove Priscilla from the equation and then fast wind the events.
    The destroyer would have died and never come to being. No Priscilla, no Clare to wake it up.

And another thing. If it wasn´t for Priscilla, Raki would been dead seven times over.
    It was Priscilla that took him in, and domesticated Isley. Without her. Isley would have eaten Raki when he found him.
    Or would the war in Pieta even take place if it wasn´t for Priscilla?
    Ophelia would never been a hybrid, that´s for sure.

The three number ones would never been brought back without Priscilla´s hand.

The awakened in Rabona wouldn´t been killed...
    Oh shit...
    Riph would still been born!!
    Only more developed, stronger and under Riful´s control and it would been Riful that would declared war instead of Isley... so the battle of Pieta wouldn´t have happened, but instead the Organization would have sent the redshirt army to Lautrec instead to combat Riph... and there, there would be no survivors. Meaning that Miria and co would been killed and the rebellion would never happened.
    Riph would have put the Organization down, forced Isley to a exile with Rigardo and male surviving awakened ones and assume dictatorship over the Island. "Queen of the World"
    And in the middle of this chaos then who would stand to fight the threat of Riph and Riful?

You guess right.

Teresa, going to protect a teenage human Clare and form an alliance with the awakened beings of the island, with Isley as ally and general of the awakened troops.
    (Every awakened, from the being that Ophelia killed in a Priscilla story line to the Rabonian beings such as Knight, Europa, Octavia, Venus and the others...)
    And whoever hybrid that deserted upon the Organization´s fall.

I don´t know if Priscilla was the best thing that ever happened to the Island... or the worst.
    Either way, there would be blood.
    So, was Priscilla´s victory for the best?

ahahahaha.... yeah ... we couldn't really erase priscilla since she is the main antagonist........ But despite her " NEED" in the manga I really hate her ...... She's the most cause of hatred in the series like for ophelia..... ^__^"

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

But Without priscilla's existence the claymores wouldn't be freed from the organization's shackles binding them ^__^"......... Priscilla is the main reason why CLARE became a claymore and with the hatred that priscilla bring about clare is the main cause of HOPE for the past ,,,, new and future claymore generations ^__^"

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

Meeepppp..... Interesting idea... But I think Galatea wouldn't have a close relationship with clare since ,,,, both only met in Riful's Area???... so I think Galatea would be one of Teresa's Executioner .... But maybe she would quit the organization too ,,, upon seeing the experimental warriors Beth and Alicia???? ...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

This is kinda off topic, but I'm surprised we haven't seen the MIB scanlation of this chapter. Is there a problem with them or something?
    When you've reached the bottom, you can always dig yourself deeper - just use a shovel.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dany le fou View Post
    This is kinda off topic, but I'm surprised we haven't seen the MIB scanlation of this chapter. Is there a problem with them or something?
    It appears that Gernot thinks that his translations are no longer necessary since translations by Waychanger (from mangahelpers) are very good.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I've talked to Gernot about it and he might translate it after all. There is a chance it will be out this weekend (translation, scanlation will be later).

---------- Post added October 28, 2013 at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was October 24, 2013 at 05:24 AM ----------

In case you haven't noticed Gernot has posted his version of translation of chapter 143: http://mangahelpers.com/t/gernot/releases/38911
    Show him that it wasn't futile effort by thanking him or posting a comment of his work. So far only Leroid (thanks for that) has thanked him and it appears that no one cares whether we get an even better translation than Waychanger's. I for one prefer his work and would like to have a complete (i.e. without any gaps) list of chapters with his nick next to them.
    Last edited by Goral; October 28, 2013 at 02:18 PM.

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I've talked to Gernot about it and he might translate it after all. There is a chance it will be out this weekend (translation, scanlation will be later).

---------- Post added October 28, 2013 at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was October 24, 2013 at 05:24 AM ----------

In case you haven't noticed Gernot has posted his version of translation of chapter 143: http://mangahelpers.com/t/gernot/releases/38911
    Show him that it wasn't futile effort by thanking him or posting a comment of his work. So far only Leroid (thanks for that) has thanked him and it appears that no one cares whether we get an even better translation than Waychanger's. I for one prefer his work and would like to have a complete (i.e. without any gaps) list of chapters with his nick next to them.
    i dont even know how the hell to get to that part of the forums.

I do like his translations(as they seem most accurate) but it would not kill him to stop by here and say "hey my translation for chapter ____ is up be sure to check it out".
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    i dont even know how the hell to get to that part of the forums.
    Just ask and the Emperor will provide

Manga Works>Browse Translators> in 'Search Translators' type 'Gernot'>when his name appear click on it>Archives>click on the latest release of Claymore, in this case 'Claymore 134'>there you go
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

18. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15